“Great 2-Night Stay, Close to Everything!”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #87 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riviera Beach, Florida
“Great 2-Night Stay, Close to Everything!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Arrived impressed by the outside cleanliness of the hotel and ease of parking. Staff inside was very helpful and quickly modified my reservation when asked (we added an extra night). Everyone at the desk was very happy and helpful. The elevator was very fast, which was nice (after my last hotel stay elsewhere, which had an elevator that seemed to crawl). The room was very clean and I liked the layout. Very bright and welcoming. My only complaint was a bed malfunction. My Sleep Number bed would only go down (soften), whcih I could deal with for the night. The next morning I notified the front desk, and my problem was fixed within a few hours while we were conveniently away at one of the parks. Check out was very easy and fast. Summed up the ease of my entire stay!

On a side note, the traffic around the hotel does get quite crowded in the evening/night, but what can you expect being on a popular road, loaded with restaurants, close to I-4, and between almost every major theme park in Orlando? Given the variety of restaurants and attractions in the immediate area, it is well worth it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here after reading all the positive reviews and my family was very pleased with the hotel. The room was very spacious and clean. We called maintenance and housekeeping during the night for new batteries for our tv controller and extra blankets and they came to our room in 5 minutes. Very satisfied with our stay and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Robinson, TX
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at the Radisson for 5 days to take in Disney and Universal and were happy with the hotel. We usually hit the parks from 9 AM until 10 PM, so thought the price was great for the limited amount of time you are actually there. This is a basic hotel with no bells or whistles. You can find the same hotel across the USA and be pleased. The staff was friendly and the amenities clean, updated and we had no problems. The loveseat had a hide-a-bed so it slept 5 comfortably. Location is great. Lots of things in walking distance and did not have a car while in Orlando. Taxi is $60 from airport and about $30 to parks. My only two complaints (that may keep me from coming back) was the limited shuttle service to the theme parks and hotel dining (both of which can be easily overcome if you use your resources and talk with other travelers). When we were there (mid-Oct) there was basically one shuttle to and from each park everyday(most were not ideal for those wanting to spend a day at each park). We learned from others that by walking to either the DoubleTree or Best Western on Hotel Plaza Blvd. about 1/2 mile away they have continuous shuttles every 30 minutes that were a huge resource and FREE! The hotel is nearby several chain restaurants and a nearby grocery store can save you from spending $ on the hotel buffet which was expensive and limited.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
palm beach, florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was clean, bright and very comfortable. After I checked in I got a call from the Resort operator welcoming me to the Radisson Resort and asked if I had everything I needed. I thanked her and hung up. I called back and asked for a late checkout as my friend is getting married and I needed to stay and in joy the wonderful amenities. She arranged a late checkout. I told Irma thanks and I was going to talk about her.
The resort has great amenities and they don't nickel and dime you. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think asking for a room overlooking pool would be a good request.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of 5 in July 2012. Used it as a base for 4nts prior to catching up with family. Highlights: great room with comfortable beds and useful facilities; nice pool area if a little busy; free wifi was superb for planning and keeping in touch; free parking was a real bonus; staff were responsive, knowledgable and attentive. Lesser-lights: location was a little awkward for driving out of but manageable with patience. All in all a great stay at good value. Would come back.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank OccasionalGastro
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Booked the Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista for its convenient location to Epcot. Upon arrival found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and helpful (chocolate chip cookies, restaurant recommendations, etc.). The room was comfortable and clean with flat screen tv and in-room safe. Bathroom was modern, with chrome lever handle and ceramic bowl basin. The basin was not positioned under the faucet correctly so had to put a washcloth to avoid flooding granite countertop when running water at low pressure. Nothing major, just a design flaw. Note to architect: form follows function.
There was only one shuttle directly to Epcot which did not leave until 11:50. Since World Showcase opens at 11:00 we opted to take a cab. Wish there were more shuttle times available.
Tip: Do not take cab to Main Gate because they make you pay for parking even though you are being dropped off (thanks Disney!). Take the cab to the Disney Boardwalk Hotel and you can walk on the boardwalk right into the Epcot gate near France. Smaller ticket window, so if you can, try to purchase tickets in advance.
Pool area was nice and jacuzzi was hot and working. Plenty of seating. Pool towels have seen better days. Fitness center was adequate: elliptical, treadmill, weight station, all in working order. Liquid Bar in the lobby had a wonderful bartender and very inexpensive happy hour specials (well drinks 2/$5).
Best thing about hotel: no resort fee, internet fee, parking fee. Pet peeve is when searching for hotel rates and finding that the "best" rate has almost doubled with add-ons.

Room Tip: Unless you have difficulty walking, choose a room away from elevators to avoid hallway noise. (Good...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Our first room reeked of smoke and the floor was wet. They immediately moved us when we complained- no questions asked. Elevators broke more than once during our two night stay. Be careful when getting in the shower as hot and cold are opposites and the got is scorching. Pluses were fairly clean rooms and friendly service, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012