Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #131 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
East Brunswick
“Great Courtyard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a delightful Courtyard experience.
It is very convenient to Universal Studios, just a short drive.
It is also quite close to the Orlando Airport (MCO).
I was in Orlando for business at Universal Studios.
The staff at this Courtyard was helpful, courteous and made my trip special.
The room was super clean and quiet.
I ate breakfast at the hotel and it was just fine.
I also use the wonderful pool.
All in all a perfect stay
A good choice if you are traveling to Orlando on business.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your time in Orlando, we really appreciate your kind words
and have listened to you in that we have purchased a few micro waves for use of our guests in the guest rooms. Next time if we have it available we will deliver a micro wave to your room.
Thank you again for your business and feed back.
nirmal.hans@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

As a family of four, we stayed at this hotel from 16th August for 10 nights. On arrival we were welcomed by the very friendly reception staff, and after a short delay in preparing our room, we found our room. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, plenty of space for all four of us, a lovely view over the pool and super-comfy beds! The only negative I could find with the room was the lack of clothes hangers - only 10 for the four of us to share, but we managed. The hotel was immaculately clean and tidy, both in our room and the public areas. The pool was fantastic - a fab temperature, and never more than a couple of other people using it - it was just what we needed after spending all day traipsing round hot and sweaty theme parks!!
We didn't use the restaurant or bar whilst we were staying so can't comment on these.
The housekeeping staff did a great job whilst we were there, even leaving the TV on for my son's cuddly toys to watch (and positioning them on the bed to look like they were using the remote control - a nice little touch!!)
The hotel is nicely situated just off International Drive, but within really easy short walking distance of the main shops, bars and restaurants. It is handy for using the I-ride trolley or driving to all the main parks - DIsney is only about 20 minutes away.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Hotel and will hopefully be back (when we've recovered from this trip)!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank clairemsmith
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just stayed for a week here and it is the perfect location if you want somewhere a little quieter but still within walking distance of bars and restaurants and easy access for parks. The hotel has a good range of facilities and beds are really comfy. Staff are super friendly and go out of their way to help. Had some issues with our hire car company and the hotel staff went out of their way to help even though this wasnt related to our stay. Would definately stay here again if we visit Orlando again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Garns1983
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate you sending TripAdvisor a review on our hotel. It is only with feed back from our guests do we find out our areas of need and people we need to recognize and celebrate.
We have a great team of associates who are engaged and really want to be in the hospitality industry.
I'm hope that the rental vehicle issue was resolved to you satisfaction and that this did not spoil your vacation in Orlando. Do not hesitate to contact me personally when you visit Orlando next time and let me know if there is anything else we do to make that visit even better.
Best regards,
Waseca, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at Courtyard Orlando on International Drive on August 14th-18th and had a wonderful stay. I read the reviews before booking the trip and everyone seemed pleased with their stay so I'm glad I chose to stay here. I was traveling for the Miss America's Outstanding Teen pageant which was held at the convention center and I felt the location was a short distance and easy trip to get there. This was my first time travelling alone and was nervous about that but I felt very safe at your hotel. When I left each night I was greeted and when I would arrive back around 1am someone was always at the door to greet me which was so nice. The hotel was clean and the little bistro was nice for a quick meal. I used the little quick stop to get beverages during the day which was nice. I used the pool twice during my stay and I liked that it was nice and quiet and very clean. There is tropical music playing in the speakers which was perfect to lay out and relax to. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and very helpful when I needed some more supplies. There was a great deal of info for anyone looking for something to do and as for places to visit or eat, the location is great! Disney Parks were very close.I walked mostly during the day or would hop on the trolley. I would say for me my only struggle with the trolley was that it didn't run late at night so I ended up taking cabs often from the Rosen Center Hotel which got spendy but again, I felt very safe in the cabs. The rooms were clean and I thought the bed was very comfty!! I slept like a rock! Thank you for the wonderful service. I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family and come back again or at least stay at another Courtyard when travelling in the future!

Room Tip: I had a king size bed which was wonderful. very quiet area. I was on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to write this review.
We are also very happy that your experience with us while attending the Pageant was
enjoyable and helped you to be productive and successful.
As you mentioned our location is very central and within walking distance of many
restaurants and some attractions. You also mentioned that when arriving back late at night
you felt comfortable and welcome and we credit that to the well lit streets in the vicinity making
this a secure enviroment.
Again we thank you for your review, your business and hope to see you next time you visit Orlando.
Best Regards
Yeovil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am writing this review whilst on my last but one day in this lovely Hotel. My daughter and I were greeted with smiles the minute we stepped into the lobby on our evening of arrival and have found the staff always greeting us with a smile whatever time of day, they are always pleased to see you and to assist in any way, shape or form. The Manager is a lovely chap and again most helpfull and happy to assist and go the extra mile for sure.

The room was absoultely spotless and I have stayed in 4* hotels in the UK that were no where near as clean and refreshed each day. The staff cleaning the rooms really do make an excellent job, no shortcuts that is for sure.

When we have needed a taxi the reception staff have been happy to call one. We would definitely return to this hotel should we find ourselves in Orlando again. It is centrally placed on International drive with plenty of nice restaurants to suit all tastes in the vicinity. The I-ride is on hand just a few hundred yards away too which is good to know.

I cannot praise the staff in this hotel enough and have had an exceptional visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JudesM
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your vacation to write a review.
This really means alot to us!!
We are glad to know that we have provided the service that you expected and that we are
able to make your experience a very enjoyable one.
We appreciate any feed back good or not so good as it enables us to improve our product
and services.
We hope to serve you when you visit Orlando next.
Sincerely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Writing this reveiw as im still here because i cant find one thing negative to say! Me and my fiance are here from the uk for 2 weeks. Our first week has just come to an end. And normally i write reviews after but cant find nothing wrong with the hotel. The maid servce is good with rooma cleaned daily. Pool area is really clean. And looks lovely at night time. Hotel is in a good area bang in the middle of i-drive with a super marker across the road and 2 all you can eat buffets with an i trolley stop also near. The bistro services nice food and drinks which we tried upon our check in as we were too tired to go out. The thing that tops it off is the staff who work here. The can not be any nicer. Especially the reception staff who in the morning as you are passing ask how you are. And if we had any plans for today. Or theyd maybe recommend somewhere for us. And returning in the evening theyd ask if we had a good day Etc but they really sound interested in what we have to say unlike other places iv stayed. Nice to have a bit conversation as it makes us feel very welcome. The rooms are spotlessly clean with a mini fridge to keep things cold. A flat screen tv which is free to watch. Shower and bathroom also clean. Nice size room and the bed is really comfy. If i return to florida next year. I will be staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your review while still staying with us at the Courtyard International Drive.
We value any comments from our guests and appreciate you taking the time out of your
vacation to submit this review. We are very happy that you are having an enjoyable
experience and hope that we continue to serve you at the same level through out
your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach us if you need anything.
Thank you again.
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice. It is three miles from Universal Studios, which is perfect. It is located in a cul-de-sac and was peaceful and quiet throughout our stay. Check-in was quick and convenient, the room was very clean. During our stay, housekeeping was excellent. Everyone on the staff smiled and was pleasant. We used the pool after a long day at Universal, it was clean and very refreshing. There was a hot tub but it was closed for repair. This hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast buffet. There is breakfast available but it is quite pricey so we did not try it. There are restaurants and stores close by, some within walking distance. A small market is available just down from the hotel and it is a good place to buy bottled water, snacks for the room, and so forth. The room has a mini-fridge but no microwave. However, a microwave is available in the lobby. The bathroom features shower heads that actually put out a strong stream of water, which is a refreshing change from the usual "low flow" type shower heads. No problem with hot water either. Other than the lack of a breakfast buffet, I cannot think of a single negative. The rates were very good for the area, the room was quiet, and we had no issues or complaints. Will absolutely stay here again the next time I am in Orlando.

Room Tip: For maximum quiet, request a room on a higher floor (there are only 4), and away from the interstate...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard International Drive. We are happy that your experience was an enjoyable one.
As you mentioned we are always trying to improve our facilities and will be finished with our extended exercise room providing our guests with additional exercise equipment. We continue to seek ways to improve through our guest feedback and appreciate your comments.
Thank you again for your business and comments.