“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient Location”

Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #174 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while in the process of moving. Having lived in Orlando for several years I can say this property is convenient to a lot of the area attractions. The hotel is off International Drive which is lined with restaurants and shops, no shortage of nearby dining. Very close to the convention center, and not far from Universal, Disney is also within a relatively short drive down I-4. As for the rooms, I had a room on the 1st floor overlooking the pool, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this property, especially if looking stay near I-Drive or the convention center.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ATXadventurer
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Even though it was only for one night we are glad that you
enjoyed the experience. As you mentioned we are convienently located to attractions, restaurants and activities. We hope that after your transition you will be able to return to our hotel and enjoy it on leisure.
Sincerely.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending a conference in Orlando in April 2013.

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport and close to the Orlando Convention Center as well as many good restaurants.

The highlight of the hotel was the staff. When I checked in, the desk clerk apologized because the only rooms remaining faced the Interstate highway, which she said made the room fairly noisy. She offered to move me in the morning if the room was not satisfactory. She was right, the room was noisy, but not so much that I couldn't sleep (fatigue will do that to you).

All the staff members I encountered during my stay were equally friendly and helpful.

The lobby area is Courtyard's new design and is lovely. However, not all their amenities were up to snuff, so to speak. The night before my return home, I tried to print out my boarding pass. Unfortunately, neither of the two machines dedicated to this process were functioning and the printer attached to their internet computers was also out of order. Several of the machines in the fitness center were also not functioning properly.

My room was typical for a Courtyard but not updated like the lobby. The desk was very functional for working as was the desk chair. But, the other furnishings in my room were tired and suffering from excessive wear & tear. The remote control for the television set was not functioning properly.

For the price paid for the room, it was certainly functional and acceptable.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms facing I-4. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your candid feed back and appreciate any comments from our guests to help improve our service and product. We are glad you enjoyed the lobby enviroment and realize that we have a challenge with some of our rooms locations and can result as a displeaser.
Your comments helps us focus on our room assignment process to make sure we can work on giving our guests an enjoyable experience.
Sincerely

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I chose the Courtyard on Austrian Court because of the location and Marriott name, and was not disappointed with my choice. I got to the hotel early to start my weekend and was given a room immediately. Megan at check in was friendly and very efficient. The king bed room is big enough for one or two people, has one of the comfiest beds I've slept in as well as a sofa and mini fridge. The Courtyard brand is being upgraded in the lobby areas and are a nice place to meet up with friends and family. I didn't eat at the Bistro but the food looked good and was reasonably priced. There was a long line waiting for breakfast so I take that as a good sign. I went to the Market for a few things and was pleasantly shocked by the prices. Usually at a hotel, a bottle of water by itself is $3, I got a full size toothbrush and water for that price:). The hotel is not right on International Dr so it's a bit quiter but is just a short walk for catching the I Drive trolley, walking to restaurants and entertainment. Thank you to the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Terri D
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you very much for using the Courtyard International Drive.
We appreciate your generous comments and will make sure that Meagan is
recognized for providing you with first class service. We always continue to strive to
do our best to take care of our guests, without whom we would not be enjoying the
work that we do.
Thank you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and we were very pleased. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We were only there for one night so we didn't take advantage of the numerous amenities (i.e. computers, fitness center, pool, etc.) but anything you needed or wanted was available. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CasualTraveler2009
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked my family into the hotel for 9 nights after refusing to stay in the first hotel the holiday company had sold me. The courtyard is situated in a excellent location for restaurants and bars. The hotel staff could not have been friendlier and accommodating.
The vast amount of clientele here are business guests, which meant after a long day at the theme parks we were always able to get a sun bed and relax.
While the hotel doesn't have a games room, tennis courts or jacuzzi it is an excellent choice if you are looking for a base whilst you visit all the theme parks.
I will stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Steveleeatkinson
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard for 3 nights while on a business trip to the area. While the hotel clearly has many tourist visitors (based on the location and advertising for park tickets and nearby attractions), it was also set up for business travelers.

If you've stayed at any Courtyards, then you know pretty much what to expect, and this Courtyard was no different. They've been through the renovation of upgraded lobby area, bistro bar food and drink, and updated decor in the rooms.

My room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was a large work desk where I could setup and work in the evenings. Internet access was included with the room.

My wish - and this is true of all Courtyards - is that the towels would be thicker and more plush. I also wish for thicker bedding.

If returning to the area for business or pleasure, I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank trvlgrl99
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The nice people working here were the only reason they got two stars. I am a Marriott Platinum and have a pretty good idea of what the Courtyard brand is all about and this was a disappointment. The fold sofa out couch was very uncomfortable (ok, so fold out couches are always are uncomfortable and this was worse then most) and the bedding was incomplete. We also had a roll away that was worse then normal also. Also, no coffee station, which was really strange. One of the reasons I enjoy Couryards when I am travelling with the family is I get up early and read the paper and drink coffee. But no coffee station. Only Courtyard I remember without.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for your feed back in regards to your recent stay with us. We value constructive feed back from our loyal guests and as a Platinum member you certainly are a Marriott loyal guest. We want to assure that your comments are used to help us improve our service and products. As a result of your feed back we are reviewing the quality of the sofa beds and rollaway beds to make sure that all sofa beds and rollaway beds are in a condition worthy of a Marriott hotel. This also brings our focus back on to how we assign rooms for our elite rewards members and making sure that when available they are assigned the premium rooms.
thank you again for your comments.
Sincerely