“another greatOrlando experience”

Ranked #161 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach
“another greatOrlando experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I chose the Courtyard on Austrian Court because of the location and Marriott name, and was not disappointed with my choice. I got to the hotel early to start my weekend and was given a room immediately. Megan at check in was friendly and very efficient. The king bed room is big enough for one or two people, has one of the comfiest beds I've slept in as well as a sofa and mini fridge. The Courtyard brand is being upgraded in the lobby areas and are a nice place to meet up with friends and family. I didn't eat at the Bistro but the food looked good and was reasonably priced. There was a long line waiting for breakfast so I take that as a good sign. I went to the Market for a few things and was pleasantly shocked by the prices. Usually at a hotel, a bottle of water by itself is $3, I got a full size toothbrush and water for that price:). The hotel is not right on International Dr so it's a bit quiter but is just a short walk for catching the I Drive trolley, walking to restaurants and entertainment. Thank you to the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Terri D
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for using the Courtyard International Drive.
We appreciate your generous comments and will make sure that Meagan is
recognized for providing you with first class service. We always continue to strive to
do our best to take care of our guests, without whom we would not be enjoying the
work that we do.
Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and we were very pleased. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We were only there for one night so we didn't take advantage of the numerous amenities (i.e. computers, fitness center, pool, etc.) but anything you needed or wanted was available. We would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CasualTraveler2009
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked my family into the hotel for 9 nights after refusing to stay in the first hotel the holiday company had sold me. The courtyard is situated in a excellent location for restaurants and bars. The hotel staff could not have been friendlier and accommodating.
The vast amount of clientele here are business guests, which meant after a long day at the theme parks we were always able to get a sun bed and relax.
While the hotel doesn't have a games room, tennis courts or jacuzzi it is an excellent choice if you are looking for a base whilst you visit all the theme parks.
I will stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Steveleeatkinson
USA
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard for 3 nights while on a business trip to the area. While the hotel clearly has many tourist visitors (based on the location and advertising for park tickets and nearby attractions), it was also set up for business travelers.

If you've stayed at any Courtyards, then you know pretty much what to expect, and this Courtyard was no different. They've been through the renovation of upgraded lobby area, bistro bar food and drink, and updated decor in the rooms.

My room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was a large work desk where I could setup and work in the evenings. Internet access was included with the room.

My wish - and this is true of all Courtyards - is that the towels would be thicker and more plush. I also wish for thicker bedding.

If returning to the area for business or pleasure, I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank trvlgrl99
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The nice people working here were the only reason they got two stars. I am a Marriott Platinum and have a pretty good idea of what the Courtyard brand is all about and this was a disappointment. The fold sofa out couch was very uncomfortable (ok, so fold out couches are always are uncomfortable and this was worse then most) and the bedding was incomplete. We also had a roll away that was worse then normal also. Also, no coffee station, which was really strange. One of the reasons I enjoy Couryards when I am travelling with the family is I get up early and read the paper and drink coffee. But no coffee station. Only Courtyard I remember without.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nirmal H, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
We thank you for your feed back in regards to your recent stay with us. We value constructive feed back from our loyal guests and as a Platinum member you certainly are a Marriott loyal guest. We want to assure that your comments are used to help us improve our service and products. As a result of your feed back we are reviewing the quality of the sofa beds and rollaway beds to make sure that all sofa beds and rollaway beds are in a condition worthy of a Marriott hotel. This also brings our focus back on to how we assign rooms for our elite rewards members and making sure that when available they are assigned the premium rooms.
thank you again for your comments.
Sincerely
Nirmal Hans
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We decides to go to Disney a day early and needed a place to stay so we picked this Courtyard. It was so nice it felt brand new! The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean, comfortable, and updated. We would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ARosser
Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice hotel, check in went fine. Everyone was really friendly. They have a snack bar in the lobby. You can buy a breakfast sandwich for $9. Only problem was website only lists queen and king beds. We booked 2 queen but the beds in room 418 were actually full size beds. Even the comforter was marked with a teal band indicating it was a full size bed. We only stayed one night so we mentioned it on the way out but didn't change rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family