“Very clean and comfortable”

Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #157 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Poole, United Kingdom
“Very clean and comfortable”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Having done some research, we booked this hotel as we wanted to stay towards the quieter (and can I say less tacky!) end of International Drive. The location was great - only a few minutes walk from some shops and restaurants and although the hotel is quite close to the interstate, we had no problem with traffic noise during our stay. The hotel lobby was nice and modern, with a food area that served breakfast and other small meals - it did get very busy in the morning though so you may be better off going elsewhere for breakfast! The room and bathroom were both very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Despite the ongoing thunderstorms we did manage to get one day by the pool, which was lovely and towels were provided. In my opinion, this hotel is the nicest I have stayed at along International Drive and I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ch445

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We chose this hotel because we had stayed here previously and like this end of Int Drive (Austrian Court). The last time we stayed they had complimentary breakfast but no longer, however they now have a bar and cafe area. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. The reception area had been done out since our last visit and was really nice, however the room was a little dated and had a rather musty smell. When booking I had requested a room with a balcony but was given an accessible room with a view of the car park and no balcony. The receptionist advised that we could probably change room the following day but as we were barely going to be there we didn't.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DimplesMo
San Juan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Location, perfect. A supermarket, Cicci Pizza, Bargain World, Ponderosa across the Street. Linx Bus #8 on International Drive connects with #37 to Universal Studios and #40 to Disney World. Front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IHMSanJuan
Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We ended up in a very nice room at this hotel. The room had a separate living room area--more like a two room suite. Being there on business, I was not able to take advantage of the pool area, but it looked nice, as well. The location was great; close enough to restaurants but far enough away from traffic. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ranhorn
Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very strong Courtyard. Stayed for six days and it was excellent. First, the hotel reception looks brand new. Front desk was excellent all the time. Very good WiFi connection. Rooms were clean and in great shape. The bed was very comfortable. The only miss on the room was a microwave. But you have one at the lobby. Location was perfect. Not directly on I-Drive but a block away. They have breakfast (not included) and a mini store. Could not ask for more on this hotel. Great choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JEGCarolina
North Jersy
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I'd recently stayed at the Courtyard for a 6 day 5 night stay over the the 4th of July weekend. Amazingly I have to say that there it was not an overload of kids :-), which was a big plus for me. The room was neatly cleaned, no hair in the bath tub :-), Pool area way very well kept as well as the Jacuzzi area. Bed was very comfortable, Guest Service Associates were AMAZING. 15-20 minute ride away from Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. Maybe 5 mins. away from Seaworld, and 10 mins away from Universal. Loads of restaurants nearby, Cici's Pizza, Golden Corral, Dave and Busters to name a few. There's a little location with 3 computer where you can go online and a printer to print information. Also my room number was 103 which is very close to an outside door, the pool area door, the elevator door, I did not have any problems sleeping. This is a smoke free hotel, :-) :-) :-).... This is more of a cozy quiet hotel. I very much enjoyed my stay. Checkout time is 12 PM another :-) from me, on top of that instead of wake up calls, or needing to wait for my bill to be printed it was quietly placed under the door. I was allowed to sleep a lil later than 12.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank savvyshopperx3
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel was near the restaurant we chose for the evening.

We were pleased with our stay at the Courtyard. The hotel has many amenities to offer. It does NOT have continental breakfast, but an in house restaurant that serves breakfast and a light dinner.

Our room was a King with a sofa bed--a little small, but OK for one night. The bed was very comfortable and we had a pleasant night's rest.

I would definitely recommend the Courtyard to those thinking of staying in the International Drive area--it's right in the middle of things but not right on the Drive itself. It does back up to I-4. Fortunately, we did not face the highway. I personally think the hotel lends itself better to a business traveler or a couple.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway; if you want a balcony/patio, ask for it specifically.