Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$304
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$137
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$615
$458
Orbitz.com
All reviewsinternational drivewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelsmall balconypool areabusiness travelercleaning staffbed was very comfortablethe hotel is cleannice roomshort drivemini fridgedefinitely stay here againmarriottlobbyymcaparks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Friendly staff, room was clean and roomy. Loved the layout of room and bathroom. Great location. Walking distance to restaurants, activities and night life. Just park and walk. Nice pool and out door seeating area. Bar and restaurant a bit pricey. Good price through Priceline.
Would love to come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was at this hotel in April and now in July and I think it is a Very Good One. I like the staff the rooms, everything. Walking distance to everything (restaurants, movies, ice cream, pharmacy). A little expensive compared to others nearby but of better quality. I will Stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel is great, the most important was having a clean room and the front desk people were so helpful. After some traumatizing experiences with hotels, this place gave us a breathe of fresh air.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I was in Orlando in May for a convention, and my colleague had booked rooms for us at the Courtyard International Drive/Convention Center. After reading several negative reviews, I was a little apprehensive about staying there. I have to admit, my experience was much better than expected.

Check-in was very easy and the desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. I was asked if I'd like one king or two queen beds - I told him one king was fine as long as the room was quiet and he said that the room with two queens would be quieter for me, so if I was a light sleeper, he'd put me there (which I thought was nice).

Some of the reviews stated that the lobby (which was beautiful!) had been renovated, but the rooms were musty-smelling and dated. Well, they must have recently renovated the rooms, because they were clean and beautiful. The beds were extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows. It was nice to have a coffee maker, refrigerator and free (wired) Internet access in the room.

My second day at the hotel, I returned to my room around 4:30 p.m. to find that it hadn't been cleaned. I called the front desk, and asked if they could send someone to clean it while I was out at dinner. Someone brought me fresh towels right away, and when I returned from dinner, the room looked beautiful!

The only downside was the fact that breakfast was not included in the rate. The Courtyard Bistro offered excellent breakfast choices, though, and the prices were okay. The desk clerk who checked me in the night before (who may have been a manager) was walking around the restaurant the next morning, serving food and making sure that customers were happy.

Otherwise, this hotel was perfect for business travelers (very close to the convention center - we were able to catch a shuttle just a block away - and within walking distance to many restaurants - I highly recommend Cafe Tu Tu Tango, located right across International Drive from the hotel). I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Knani
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I am a Marriott Gold member and spend a lot of time in Marriot hotels. Especially in the Orlando area. This is how ever the first time I had stayed in a Courtyard and it is without a doubt the last time I will do so.

Upon arrival I was greeted by a very bored looking desk clerk who made no mention of my elite gold member status. (Generally I am greeted with a thank you for being a gold member)... While going through the check in process, close to the end of it, I finally made mention of my status and asked about a room upgrade (some thing I have never been denied before due to my status) and got told kind of rudely that they were all booked up and had no upgrades available. Okay, no problem. I had reserved the shoppers package deal with included a $50 gift card for my stay. I've had this same package at other hotels and they have always had it ready and waiting for me at check in. Not at the court yard. I was informed it was locked away some where and they would have to get it to me when the manager came back. Okay. Again, no problem. I asked about a free breakfast. Every Marriot I have ever been to has a free breakfast for Gold and Plat members. If they don't have a free breakfast area like a club area, then they give you a free breakfast at their reasturant. Not at the Courtyard. I was informed that because of their new style of Cafe dining they had in their lobby no club members got free breakfast at their hotel. Since my Gold status is suppose to get a free breakfast (and no where does it say Courtyard excluded) I was kind of surprised by this announcement. But fine.

Going down the hallway and up the eleveator to my room. The Hallyway smelled very musty. Arrived in my room and it also smelled very musty and just... stale? Not sure that is the correct word. But bad. I ended up going out and buying perfume and sprayed my room with it to mask the oder. The bed was very hard and very uncomfortable. The hotel has wired internet that does not stretch to the bed so if you want to use your computer on the internet your only choice is to sit at a desk, where you can't see the tv in an uncomfortable chair to get your work done. If your any thing like me and spend a lot of hours on your computer, this is a huge inconvience. They do offer wireless in the lobby area, but who wants to go sit in the lobby all evening to do work instead of your room? The room also had stained carpet and furniture.

Now, this hotel also gives me the feeling of a place trying to be some thing they just are not. Courtyards are no better then a Holiday Inn Express, or Hampton Inn, or Fairfield Inn and Suites. Yet they charge more, have more uncomfortable beds and don't offer freek breakfast. The other 3 I named all do have free breakfast, as well as the free internet etc.. and most of them are wireless. The lobby looks nice and has a nice big screen tv and has the booths with private tvs and looks like a coffee shop cafe. That area was nice, But I wasn't at the hotel to spend my time down there. With over priced food. I decided to go to their cafe to get dinner and check out their prices for breakfast. The prices are priced to high. Especially for their breakfast items. I waited 10 minutes to be waited on before a girl finally came from around back and took my order. It was another 25 minutes to get my order which was a to go order to take back to my room. I asked the girl about the level of spice on their chicken wings and the flavor I asked about, was told it was a sweet taste not spicey.. So I ordered it. She was wrong. I can handle some spice but those were beyond spicey. The portions were small and over priced. I didn't eat breakfast there.

The place was full of high school? College? Kids from what I think was a swim group. Which means there were a bunch of loud kids running around, late at night, slamming doors, playing music loud. Not the fault of the hotel, but made my already uncomfortable sleep impossible because I got to listen to them half the night.

The final straw for me though was the house keeper who knocked on my door, waited no longer then 2 seconds and tried to come in, at 9am. I was checking out that day and hadn't checked out yet, so I would really like to know why housekeeping felt the need to knock on the door at 9 to see if I needed my room clean and to find out if I was checking out? Check out is noon I believe. If they wanted to know if I had checked out they could've asked the front desk? And yes, I had a do not disturb sign on the door.

Upon checking out I told another bored looking desk clerk about some of my issues. And although I might complain in reviews, this is the first time I have ever complained (when staying at a marriot hotel) about my stay, to the hotel staff. I've never had to before. After listening to me, she kind of stared at me for a moment and said "okay, well, do you need a reciept for your bill?" I asked for a manager, who did come out and talk to me.

Now.. to their credit, after a little debate and me insisting she do some thing about my stay the manager offered me 15,000 bonus marriot rewards points to make up for my stay and issues. Which I accepted. How ever... since getting that bonus I have noticed two things. I did not get a night stays credit towards my membership status and I did not get my points for my actual paid stay. I paid for my room and didn't get a refund so I am pretty sure I am at least entitled to the night stay credit to count towards the nights I need in a year to maintain my membership status but I guess the manager decided that since I got bonus points I don't get the other.

Bottom line, the hotel (except for the lobby and cafe) is worn down, smells, has staff who doesn't care, is out dated with their internet, has over priced food and doesn't care about their elite status members.

I will stay else where when I am in this area again. There are far better Marriott hotels who offer a lot more for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business