“SHOULD BE 2 1/2 BUT DON'T HAVE THAT OPTION”

Quality Suites Universal South
Ranked #283 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Topeka, KS
“SHOULD BE 2 1/2 BUT DON'T HAVE THAT OPTION”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near Universal Studios (about a mile), so the location good. But the AC unit didn't work. We had it turned down to 60 but never got out of the 70's in the room. Hot tub jets barely worked. Breakfast room is way to small for the size of the hotel. We had to wait in line just over 10 minutes to get to the food. No list of TV channel in the room. Front desk provided a list, but they should have that in the room. Ice machines were a long ways from our room. On the plus side, it was reasonably quiet and the front desk people were friendly. Probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a lot of rooms. If you are interested in the pool, ask for a room facing that area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This motel has all the basics: nice pool, laundry, tv, standard breakfast (with waffles). Our bed was comfortable, but a king sized bed was wedged into a queen sized niche so getting in and out on one side was tough. The location is great. It's close to Universal, easy access to I-4 and International Drive, near restaurants and supermarkets. And it is cheap for the area. But...
We have stayed here before, but we probably will not stay here again. It is definitely showing wear. There are broken tiles in the hallways, discolored grout in the bathroom, and a general lack of upkeep, though the room was clean. In our room there was a badly done patch in the bathroom and touchups on the wall were done with paint that was a slightly different color. Overall, a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaymat44

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Booked this hotel because it was very close to City Walk its 6 minutes from there. The Walmart was close as well. An I thought the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was very good too. The room was very spacious and had a couch and a nice TV.

Room Tip: Poolview room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a trashy and utterly disgusting hotel. The staff is sub-par and the location is very very iffy.

First let's start with the location, it's off Turkey Lake Road, but down a ways and almost right off I-4. The hotel is also in what appears to be a business park with an entrance a little further down, a bit sketchy. There are sketchy people who walk through the parking lot at night and I did not feel safe at all.

The staff is sub-par. They are there just doing their job with no emotion, pride or enthusiasm. much like they are working for Wal-Mart. The hotel looks semi-OK but still older style with outdoor corridors that are not kept up at all. Most of the doors don't close well and again, sketchiness in the parking lot.

The rooms are another story. Most rooms are old and have numerous issues. Dirty glass, dirty drapes, doors not closing well, awkward bathroom layouts, etc. The biggest issue is the cleanliness of the bathroom. Upon taking a shower I got out and dried myself with what appeared to be a clean WHITE towel. Upon drying part off I saw there was something on the towel that appeared to be dried blood as it had the brownish color that we have all seen with dried blood on our own towels, napkins, etc.

I almost vomited and dried off using the blow dryer and instantly took the towel and placed it in a plastic bag to show the manager of the property. Upon visiting the front desk, I asked for the MOD and was not assisted. I said this towel has dried blood on it and it did not come from me. I was met with a rude response from one of the two females at the front desk and this is what she said WORD FOR WORD:

"Are you sure it's blood? It could be dried ketchup!"

My first response should have been how far along did she make it through 3rd grade with that idiotic response. As far as I know, almost ALL state and city health codes make hotels bleach their towels on EVERY wash and dispose of towels that may have any type of bio-hazard material on them. The towels in every hotel are white for THAT reason.

The 2 females at that point wrote me off and did not pay any further attention to me.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Room Tip: Just avoid the hotel all together, gross
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jeremy M
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The staff was very friendly. The rooms was amazing. The breakfast was awesome. Close to everything. Very clean rooms. Have nothing bad to say about my stay. Close to I-4 loved this place. I would come back & stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
PRINCETON
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Booked this property for a business trip in the near future. When the reservation was made I ensured the proper room was selected even though the rate was the exact same as another room type that was offered. When I received a confirmation email, I noticed their had been a mistake in the room type. After trying to call the property multiple times and receive no answer, I decided to call customer support since this was a Choice Hotels property. The customer service I received was nothing less that pitiful. It is quite evident that customer retention is not something valued by Choice Hotels. The young lady who assisted me was nothing short of rude and hateful. From this point on I can assure you that Choice Hotels will receive no more business from me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Reserved this hotel 2 days before our unexpected trip to Orlando through priceline.com. Got a great rate of $54. a night for a double suite with sofa sleeper. Rooms are generally clean. I watch Hotel Impossible and I did the initial room check. Toilet, shower and bed sheets were in very good condition. It was very comfortable for the time-length we stayed. If you plan on spending most of your time at the theme parks, this is a comfortable stay for a family of four to six.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family