“Priceline Must Have Raised the Bar Here”

Quality Suites Universal South
Ranked #283 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Livermore, California
“Priceline Must Have Raised the Bar Here”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We got this place as a 2-star on an Express selection, which Priceline lets you use as a rebid when your initial bid has been rejected. They tell you the price, location and star level but not the name. Upon learning its name, the previous negative reviews here had us reeling. Not to worry. King size bed, clean sheets, mini-suite with microwave, small fridge, flat screen TV, and in-room safe. It's top of the line for a 2-star. Large building, outside entrances, older property not located very near Conv Ctr attractions and restaurants probably keep rates down. I suspect Priceline's rigorous standards and frequent visitor feedback have caused this place to raise its game. Our only quibbles were single-ply tp and an unexpected $3.50 "Hotel Service Charge" despite having "fully" prepaid with Priceline.

Room Tip: Try not to arrive late in the evening, front desk staff over-burdened.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mfmccart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

No hot water in the shower, at night or in the morning. Refrigerator did not work, it never got cold. When i checked in they told me they was going to put $20 on hold and when i check out it would be released. As of yet te money has not been released. When i called to check on it they told me it takes 3-5 business days for the money to be released.they told me they woiuld send me a copy of my statement telling me that the money had not been remov from my account, The bank said that it had been removed. As of this day, have not seen it back in my checking account. Air cond./heater didn't work very well. Wouldn't stay at a constant temperture.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leon M
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Didnt think the place was that bad for the price but just before the night we were leaving my husband and I noticed we had several items missing like my husbands Expensive cologne which I bought him for xmas...Also as I went to put my kids 2 3DS XL's and Nabi Tablet charge we notice the Chargers were missing out of our bags all I can say this hotel didnt mention they had Magician Service free of charge ..
As we compained there was no management or supervisor on site we are hoping to get a call back if not I will we filing a police report for THEFT!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Ericac86
Cloverdale, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Missing outlet covers, exposed wires, hairs in the bathroom and beds, old re-used pre-slept in sheets, all furniture was dirty... this hotel leaves much to be desired. When we made the reservation they told us to call the morning of our reservation to ask for early check in and they would put us on a list, but when we called (twice, mind you. and the first time it took them 30 rings to answer the phone), they told us that we would have to there in person to get our room early, and they couldnt put us on a list. So when we got there we asked and they told us there was no room for us. First off, I work front desk at a hotel and my friend did housekeeping at Disney, so we know that there were rooms available. Second, despite us being friendly and polite, they were absolutely RUDE to us. All in all, this was so not worth the money we spent. I wouldn't recommend going here. The rooms aren't very clean and the service is terrible. But hey...

Atleast there were no bugs... that we saw. :\

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room. Upstairs neighbours are always loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sunman, Indiana, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were very happy with the cleanliness and friendliness at this location. We spent three nights and had no complaints. It was very convenient to our trade show and to many restaurants. This was our second time there and we will definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MJWBF
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed overnight with my family of 5. Room was clean, enough space for all five of us. We booked a room with two full beds and a couch. It was nicer than I thought it would be.
Continental breakfast spread was very nice, we all enjoyed a good breakfast before heading out.
Check-in and check-out was very swift.
Because we were only staying one night, I tried to find the cheapest place that I could, close to Sea World. It was pleasant and i am happy that I chose this one, it's tucked away from the main interstate, ended up being very quiet.

Room Tip: We chose a pool view room. This was facing inside, away from the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elsy G
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holiday. We were visiting family and wanted inexpensive accommodations. The Quality Inn provided us a clean comfortable stay.
This hotel has a great location, centrally located between the Walt Disney World, Universal Studios,Sea World and other area attractions. Since it was Christmas the hotel was filled to capacity at night, but emptied out during the day.
They do serve continental breakfast, but you have to get there VERY early to avoid a long line and wait for food and a table.
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Internet access seemed better in areas closer to lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family