“holiday hideaway”

Ranked #176 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Plymouth
“holiday hideaway”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lovely little resort with easy access to all the Orlando attractions,some of the fixtures and fittings were starting to get a bit tired but the resort is 30 years old and I think it is entitled , overall a great base for our 4 week holiday,All the staff were friendly and courteous and went out of there way to ensure our time at the resort was hassle free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MJBPlymouth

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place, fab family holiday,fridge broke down but we ate out a lot anyway so didn't really notice. Lovely apartment,v clean and really comfy bed,lovely bathroom and seating outside.also lovely swimming pool and location was beautiful right on the lake .

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Ellebellyboo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Unlike your 400$ a night rooms at the Disney hotels that don't even provide you with a microwave, they had a full kitchen, 2 two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and living room. Really nice deck on back with picnic area. grills to bbq. wonderful pool and hot tub! really nice long deck to go layout on or fishing off of! free paddle boats to use and just a nice quaint and quite place! My family really enjoyed it and we will most definitely be going back. Oh and the beds were soooo comfortable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank beachjunkie19
port saint lucie
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed here 2 times before and never had a problem worth writing about. A roach here and sugar ants, but everything has been perfect. Till NOW. The day I am writing this from my home we should still be at Bryan Spanish Cove. We check in yesterday for a two night stay. We had unit 107 near the road. Everything was clean and comfy like it always has been. Went to the parks, came back turned on the heat because it was 45 inside this was at 9:00 p.m. By 11:30 all four of us were warm and sleeping till 12:20 when the fire alarm went off and woke us up. We smelled something burning. The heater would not shut off it kept running. I pressed 0 for the front desk just recording. At 12:30 at night in the cold ½ a sleep I walked to the office to find it closed… Closed… The security guards number posted so I had to call the security guard and he came over and flipped the breaker OFF.. That means NO heat.. No heat for me and my family. We live in Florida and 45 is cold to us. I stayed up all night with the broil on in the oven with the door open to try to warm up the condo. I called 0 every hour from 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. NO ONE around. Finally 8:00 a.m. I walked back to the office and the general manger was upstairs so I greeted her with my name and in tears at how tired I was and how my family was cold all night. She looked at me like it was my fault we didn’t have heat. Her security guard turned off our breaker. She said they are a non-profit timeshare. I said what I paid 264.00 for two nights and you made a profit off of us. She said she does not have to provide us with heat. I said WHAT ? I have two disabled children and I paid and you don’t have to provide us with heat. She said and we don’t do refunds. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and we saved to stay here. NEVER again. It was a night of cold hell. I will never stay here again or any of Island one resort. They can keep all there non-profit they make off all the timeshares they sell. This women must be a slumlord in her spare time. This was unfair treatment and I will be calling someone above here and above the resort county, state local something. This is abuse to refuse someone heat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Sharon S
IORManagement, Rental Marketing Mgr at Bryan's Spanish Cove, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
It is with deep regret your vacation stay was truncated due to cold weather. As it happens in Florida, our heat does not come on often it may produce a burning smell when turned on. Upon unit and heater inspection by two staff members it seems this was the case during your stay. We offered relocation to another unit and when this was refused we were happy to refund your second night’s stay without penalty. We are hopeful you will consider another stay with us.
Bryan's Spanish Cove Management
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have now travelled to Orlando for the 7th time and this was the best overall property we have stayed in. The location is great, literally 2 miles from Downtown Disney and Crossroads area. The rooms were a really great size especially the lounge area. If you don't want the fuss of maid service every single day then you wont get any better. Clean towels are always readily available. Bryans Spanish Cove has lovely quiet pool and hot tub and the staff are very helpful and friendly. This small resort has a lovely relaxed, friendly feel and is highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AnneB104
Chattanooga
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked this condo thru Club Navigo and used points for a two bedroom. Stayed here once before and loved the location. Our meetings were at the convention center and you can leave this resort and jump on I-4 and be at the center and parked in about 15 minutes. Very close to Bahama Breeze restaurant and Panera Bread and a great outlet mall. The condo was clean, the pool and hot tub were well kept. The staff are extremely helpful and we were able to buy out Epcot tickets at the front desk. We will stay here again soon!

Room Tip: The condos are very quiet and we have stayed on the first floor (only have 2 floors). Parking right...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ginajns
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A quiet resort in a perfect location, both easy to get to all the attractions and within short distances of Walmart and a selection of restaurants/fast food outlets. I have been 3 times in the space of 10years at different times of year with family, friends and just as a couple and loved it each time!!! Whilst I will admit the decorative condition of the apartments has varied, I have never experienced bugs, dirty sheets/rooms or broken equipment. The apartments are updated regularly and the appliances are all relatively recent. The resort is quiet, but after a hectic day, this is the perfect tonic!! We generally had the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves when we went, which was great!! The grounds are beautiful around Christmas and the staff are always highly knowledgeable about opening times and special events. This is the resort for you if you want a quiet place to wind down after a long day, but have realistic expectations as this is not a hotel complex. Although you can get access to their sister resort which has some evening shows and more activities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple