“Needs updating”

Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites
Ranked #188 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great view, strange location, needs a remodel something fierce. Right on the water, a quirkily little restaurant/bar next store named after Hulk Hogan, if you can believe it. Not bad at all. Walking distance to a beach bar/restaurant and even fine dining. But that is about it. Right on a trail that follows the beach and a very busy highway. OK, to the hotel. Dirty carpets in some of the halls, a torn curtain in our room, beat up windows. Great little balcony overlooking the bay, though. No free breakfast, slow internet and I had to wait till 4:30 for my room. But the good news was, my wife and I passed the time at the bar referenced above.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was surprised with the improvements made at this hotel. The management has put much back into this hotel. It is a better place to stay.It is convenient to Asbury Theological Seminary and UCF. I enjoy staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great staff. Rooms smelled musty, weather stripping on doors broken and insects entered room, small tears in sheets, and I had to "giggle" the handle to stop toilet from running....Noise highway next to hotel.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at the Best Western for one night on business. The floor was dirty. It had not been vacuumed well. There were crumbs on the carpet. There was also what looked like the wing of a cockroach (or some kind of similar insect) on the inside of one of my folded towels. Additionally the phone did not work, so I could not use it to call out or to receive a wake-up call. I would not stay at this motel again or recommend to others.

1  Thank Hilda C
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent 2 nights and were satisfied with the overall experience. The rates are excellent compared to other hotels in the area and the location very convenient for our purposes. Though the weather was a bit cold when we stayed, it would have been nice to visit the hot tub, but it was out of service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

On a recent trip to Mayo Clinic, we spent 3 days at this comfortable, friendly beach front hotel. The all female staff is conscientious and attentive. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Plenty of excellent dining places within walking distance and the free shuttle to Mayo is a definite plus (for us, anyway). The only "negative" was the beds were a little too soft for us. We can certainly recommend staying here.

2  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed February 4, 2014

a friend of mine stayed at this hotel with our kids. Brandon helped us with getting our room, he explained the aaa discount to us and was very friendly. He told us of all the services that the hotel provided. On our second stay, we came during a busy time for the hotel. Brandon told us that the there were no nonsmoking rooms available. He upgraded us to a suite, and gave it to us at the same rate as a standard room, and we were able to use the aaa discount as well. Our stay was wonderful, we didn't have any issues. The staff is very friendly, and willing to help with any questions or assistance needed. Its also in a great location, as my friend lives in Titusville its convenient , as she is able to get on the freeway and get to work on time. We now refer to the hotel as our hotel. I am the type of person that I usually would pay more to stay at an embassy suites. I always thought that best western was like a days inn. Brandon and the staff have helped to change my opinion of best western.

Room Tip: top floor is always quiet,
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends