“Business and Family trip combined”
Review of Buena Vista Suites

Buena Vista Suites
Ranked #150 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I recently travelled down to Orlando for a business trip for three days and took my wife and two kids with me. The hotel is well situated if you want to go to the parks, there is a multitude of different restaurants within a short distance and good shopping malls. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bath is a little small but apart from that the room was ideal. Plenty of storage space, fridge and microwave and coffee making facilities and the two large flat screen tvs were great for chilling out and watching a movie after a busy day. The pool was clean and a good size and the hot tub worked well. The breakfast was ok, not the biggest choice but the food was well prepared and plenty of it. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a charge for internet which is disappointing. Overall good value and relaxing, would recommend it and would stay there again.

1  Thank robert_lamb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very nice for the price. Room is a nice size, and the breakfast buffet was very good. Buffet has one meat from what I could tell. One day was sausage another corn beef hash and another ham. Overall very satisfied. Disney is 5-10 minutes away.

1  Thank flvacationer25
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at the Buena Vista Suites in October for our first trip to Disney World. The hotel is very convenient to the parks - basically a straight shot.

The hotel provided a free hot breakfast which is a great start to a day at the parks and a great money saver. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, cook to order eggs were also available, ham/sausage/bacon were alternated each day, potatoes, waffles/French toast, oatmeal and some fruit, pastries, coffee and juices. They could have had more of a variety of fruit and pastries - but you can't beat free. Everything was well stocked. There are two buffet serving lines with the same items on each side and dining room is a good size so people move through quickly.

The hotel is clean and staff is friendly. The rooms are good size - it was nice to have two rooms to spread-out. The vanity/sink between the rooms was convenient for getting ready in the morning while someone is showering. Coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave and a safe big enough to hold a laptop were great to have in the room. There was a TV in each room which also convenient if someone in your group is just not ready for bed. The bed and bedding were comfy. Elevators were a bit slow, so we used the stairs a lot - we were on the second floor so it wasn't too bad. We were across from the elevator and on the side facing the street - we could hear more of the elevator noise than the street noise. If you can - get a room away from the elevator.

We had some problems with the vent in the bathroom not working and the inner door latch was broken - the latch was fixed but the vent never worked. We had a nice window, but the curtain hooks were broken so the curtain hung down in the middle which drove me crazy - I kept wanting to fix it. The rooms just need a little TLC to make sure everything is in good working condition and they will get GREAT reviews. Overall our stay was good and would come back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.
2  Thank MyReview82
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mother and I stayed one night in a queen double suite and were very impressed. The suite with a door to separate the bedroom from the sitting area was nice. My mother appreciated the grab bar in the tub. We did not have a second remote control and the front desk was great they sent maintenance up within 5 minutes with one. The staff at check in was nice and helpful and with the daylight savings time change they weren't frazzled having to tell everyone what time it really was!. We hit the Bistro at the perfect time it was nice and quiet. Our waiter Wilson was absolutely fabulous! The french onion soup and fresh hot rolls were to die for. My burger was delicious. It was the perfect end to an unexpected stressful visit to the ER. The breakfast buffet was okay .The morning we were there it was scrambled eggs, sausage links and waffles as the main fair . More fruit would have been nice but it was fine for us. The bellhop was very nice and helpful in bringing us a luggage cart as there was a mass checkout of Girls fast pitch softball league. The staff was very nice at checkout and asked us how our stay was. I would go back for the same rate.(AARP discount and fall discount) .

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front side if you want a view, the back side has a view of a power line s...
1  Thank Captjill
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, for our trip the Magic Kingdom. Family of four, two small children.
We aren't generally picky about hotels, but for the price we paid, we were expecting more. The "suite" was alright, it had a closing door between the bedroom and the sofa room, but the room itself was SMALL. The ventilator in the bathroom was broken. The mattresses were unbearably uncomfortable. We could feel the springs poking through to our backs. The outside lighting on the hotel is pretty, but it's a waste of money. Please, use the money on the electrical bill to fix problems inside the hotel rooms, like the ventilator and the caulking in the tub. The best part of this hotel experience was the AMAZING breakfast. All sorts of hot food and cold options. Nice dining room. Excellent proximity to Disney World. If the price is super cheap, we may consider staying here again, but only that.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the street. The traffic is horribly loud.
1  Thank Leila K
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our first visit to Disney World was great, except our stay at Buena Vista Suites! Checking in was fine, but went downhill as soon as we got to our room. It was rather hot in our room when we first went in and thought it might just need some time to cool down after adjusting the air. We arrived late and were in hopes that it would cool off by the middle of the night. WRONG!

I notified the front desk of this issue when calling them to let them know the hair dryer didn't work. I also advised them that there was toothpaste down the side of the closet door and dark stains all over the wall, which resembled spewed soda. The floor area around the toilet was disgusting and so was the bathtub. You could see the dirt ring as if someone had been taking baths in there and it was never cleaned. The television in the bedroom didn't work and had to be fixed. There were dirty footprints, which looked like boot prints, in the chair in the living room. After notifying the front desk of these issues two people called and I had to tell my story over and over again. It was like no one could take notes and send it to the appropriate person.

They offered another room for us so we packed our bags and were waiting for the new room keys. After packing they advised us to unpack and stay in that room because they would have the situation fixed immediately. The maintenance man then declared it was us that couldn't function the air properly and that it work fine. Five minutes later it went out again. Guess it wasn't us! I don't like being accused of something and felt that it was rude of him to say the things he did.

The manager was in our room at the time and said they would get back to work on it immediately. When we arrived back from Disney I asked the gentleman at the front desk if the air had been fixed or if we were needing to change rooms. He had no knowledge of the situation and told us we would have to go to the room and see if it was working. I am thankful it was, but the room was still absolutely disgusting.

I am glad I visited this hotel before recommending it for an upcoming business function location. We will never stay there again and would never recommend anyone else stay there. The only good thing I can say about this place is it has excellent transportation to Disney.

2  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights during a 14 night vacation in Orlando. Our stay was just ok really and although there were parts that we liked very much there was a lot quite a lot which we didn’t! Although check-in was quick, our welcome wasn’t great and generally we found front desk service to be poor throughout our stay.

We booked a deal directly with the hotel for some ‘fall savings’ and it worked out to be excellent value for us with some beneficial savings/perks so we were pleased with the price we paid. We paid extra for a king room with a Jacuzzi bath tub. The room itself was clean but certainly not spotlessly clean and the living room area in particular was dark with poor lighting so we ended up not using it very much. The king bed was huge and supremely comfortable and we slept really well here with limited noise from the rest of the hotel and good blackout blinds. There was plenty of drawer storage and plenty of space in general. However, when we arrived there were only 7 hangers in the wardrobe and when we called for more they only brought 4 more hangers – so we had 11 hangers for a 9 night stay. They also left water out with a note saying it would be charged to the room if consumed – I thought that was a bit tight.

The water pressure was terrible in the bathroom and we actually only used the Jacuzzi tub once because it was so difficult to fill it. On top of the poor pressure there seemed to be no way of getting cold water from the tap and so the bath filled up piping hot and we had to wait for it to cool before using it – this alone is a safety hazard in my opinion. There was nowhere in the bathroom or in the room in general to hang wet swimwear and towels from the pool which was a pain.

Breakfast here was a big disappointment for us. Neither of us were able to eat much other than toast or porridge each morning which became quite repetitive – having said that it was nice to get something ahead of a long day in the parks.

To be more positive I have to say shuttle buses to and from Disney provided by Mears was absolutely excellent and second to none – it earned this hotel an extra mark from me (hence I gave it a 3 on here instead of 2!). The shuttles keep strictly to time – there were plenty of options for going to and returning from the various parks and the drivers were really professional. This service helped to make our visits to the Disney parks relaxing and stress free and we appreciated it greatly. The coaches were huge, with plenty of room, a bathroom on-board and the drivers played a Disney movie on the journey.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on 3 occasions and each time the food was excellent and the service great. As we travelled without a car, we had limited options for eating in the evenings if we didn’t fancy hitting the parks or Downtown Disney. Note that we risked the Mexican across the street one lunch time and wish we hadn’t bothered (you have been warned). There is a seven eleven across the street from the hotel as well as a huge CVS pharmacy and supermarket so that was ideal to stock up on essentials for the room.

Air-conditioning in the room worked well but I thought the corridors in the hotel were too cold and we ended up using the stairs mostly which weren’t air conditioned. I also found the air-conditioning in the restaurant to be too cold for me.

The pool area was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate with towels provided. However, I am not sure about the hygiene of the pool and hot-tub. I never saw anyone testing the water or combing the surface for dirt and grime. I was therefore rather reluctant to use it.

A couple of my particular niggles were the maid service and the concierge service. On one day we didn’t leave the maid our tip as we had no change (but we intended to and did leave double the following day). On that day we were not left any toilet roll which I thought was just ridiculous – needless to say we got it the following day when we left our ‘double’ tip.

Finally I have to say I really didn’t appreciate the ‘hard’ sell for timeshare on the concierge desk. I think it reeks of poor quality establishment that they even allow ‘concierges’ from these companies to come in and do time on their desk. Just beware – we popped along to check if we could arrange a taxi to SeaWorld and ended up coming away frazzled 20 minutes later.

When we checked out no-one asked if we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple