We have visited Disney World many times, and usually stay at the Disney hotels, most often those in the Epcot area. The convenience of being able to walk to restaurants and to use the Disney transportation system make the on-site hotels the best choice for us, despite the higher cost. We've stayed at all the Epcot hotels (Beach/Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn and Villas) several times.
This time, the price quotes on the Disney hotels were incredibly high - the least expensive room I could find was $450/night. So when I checked the Dolphin and found a room for $159/night it was a no-brainer.
We couldn't have been more pleased! The location uses the same Disney boats to Epcot and Hollywood studios, has access to the same bus transportation and is just a short walk to the Boardwalk restaurants we enjoy. But what a difference in atmosphere! Just a short line to be checked in by courteous, competent front desk staff. The lobby was calm and quiet - just a few excited and well-behaved children. Not the mob of screaming out of control kids usually found in the Disney hotels. In general, the Dolphin seemed to be a hotel for Adults - a very welcome change from the Disney properties.
In addition to providing a great check-in experience, we were also given a super room. The elevators were uncrowded and arrived quickly. The room was clean with all the usual amenities. But the surprise came when we saw the great view of the lake from our room - we were able to see the Epcot fireworks at night from the sofa in our room. What a treat! I think that this was an upgrade from the room rate we paid, but such a nice perk!
The Swan or Dolphin will be our regular WDW hotel from now on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort is located in the center of Walt Disney World. Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are just a boat ride or short walk away, with Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park nearby. Our hotel has free area transportation. We offer a unique blend of Disney benefits and Starwood amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Walt Disney Hotel Orlando
- Swan Resort Disney
- Disney World Swan Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort