After much research I finally decided on this hotel for our recent holiday to Orlando, am glad i did, a great hotel, perfectly located to explore all the magic Walt Disney World has to offer. Although classed as a 'Disney deluxe' hotel it is not actually owned by Disney and i found its prices cheaper than the other 'deluxe' hotels - coincidence maybe.
Check in was quick and hassle free, room spacious, clean and comfortable. We were lucky enough to have a room with a balcony which looked straight into Epcot, was great sitting out in the morning with a coffee watching the sun come up behind the Eiffel Tower, an amazing view. It goes without saying the view of an evening was nothing short of spectacular as the nightly fireworks show exploded into life a short distance away in Epcot.
The hotel has something like 14 restaurants (including the Swan), varying from quick service to fine dining, a great range, however as we were not on the Disney Dining Plan we found them quite expensive. Our party consisted of 5 people and if we all chose the 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet the bill would be in excess of $100!. Tried room service two nights as we where back from the parks late and this was resonably priced and very tasty. I think what you get in terms of the hotel's location to the Walt Disney World resorts you find yourself paying a little for this premium location with the food prices.
The hotel had a good range of services and activities, several swimming pools (including one with a waterfall going into it) and a good sized man made beach. So if you fancied a day away from the parks or came back early from them there was plenty to do, especially if you had children.
The biggest 'plus point' for me about this hotel was its location though. We did not hire a car for our two week Orlando trip and I can honestly say I found the holiday more relaxing as a result. Epcot was five min away by water taxi, Hollywood studios ten minutes away by water taxi. Disney Boardwalk was a five minute walk (or short water taxi ride). The other parks where reached by Disney busses which ran every fifteen minutes, Magic Kingdom was about twenty minutes away. The transportation was efficient, reliable, on time and just added to the whole two weeks being memorable for all the right reasons. Universal Studio's and Sea World were reached by taxi which cost about $30 each way.
I was really pleased I chose the Dolphin hotel, I would definitely stay here again but next time make sure I had the Disney Dining plan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort is located in the center of Walt Disney World. Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are just a boat ride or short walk away, with Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Park nearby. Our hotel has free area transportation. We offer a unique blend of Disney benefits and Starwood amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Walt Disney Hotel Orlando
- Swan Resort Disney
- Disney World Swan Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort