“Great suite great value but can use some upkeep”

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #177 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 16, 2006

I stayed there for four days during my trip to Orlando. The location is very convenient and my room is a suite with a separate bedroom opens up to a balcony. There is a full bath. The living area has a frig, a microwave, and a sink. I paid about $99/night plus tax and the room has everything that I needed. This is a pretty darn good deal.

The down side though, is that the room, especially some area of the bathroom, can use some upkeep. The facet handle doesn't work that well. The toilet flushes rather slowly. There are spots along the top of the bathroom door frame that can use some cleaning/maintenance. Housekeeping isn't the greatest either. There was this one hair on the toilet water tank cover for the entire four days during my stay that housekeeping kept missing despite the generous tips I left every morning.

Anyway, if they were to charge say $120 a day for the room and used the extra money for upkeep I would give it five stars. As is I am giving it four.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank pflau

Reviewed December 10, 2006

We (family of 4; kids ages 4 and 7) just returned from a 7 night stay at the Courtyard Lake Buena Vista. We stayed in a suite, and got a great rate through the AAA website. The room was a little smaller than where we have previously stayed (Embassy Suites). The rooms appear to be older, but are well maintained, and very clean. (And I am very picky about that.) We thought the breakfast buffet was very good, but only had time to eat there once during our trip. The kids liked the game room. The employees are friendly. One night I did notice some strange noises coming from above (the roof); I don't know if there were some animals up there (My husband saw a raccoon in the parking lot the next day). I did not hear the noises any other time. Housekeeping missed our room one day; but they apologized when I called at 1am and brought towels right up. I think the customer service at this hotel is excellent. This hotel is nothing "fancy" but is close to shopping, restaurants, Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank pa_mom1
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I selected this Hotel based on solely reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed. I paid $79.95 internet rate and stayed On Dec 1/06.

The room was clean, but the only thing I noticed was they used a heavy air freshener in the room. It had the usual coffee maker and hair dryer. Ours had a desk as well with internet connection.

The beds were pillow tops and very comfortable. Linnens were good. The entire hotel looked as if it had been recently renovated.

The pool was out of this world warm. No goosebumps going into this one. Other guests said it had been even warmer in previous days. The hot tub was on the small size and was hot enough to cook a lobster in about 5 minutes. There was also a shallow kids splash pool which I never went in, but people said was cold.

The hotel is convienently located a coulple of blocks off the free way on a quiet side street. It was relatively easy to find and there were plenty of places to eat near by (olive Garden and IHOP).

This hotel was a Disney Partner hotel and you could buy your tickets right at the hotel to save time.

The staff were very courteous and prompt upon check in. There was also a computer with internet connection in the lobby for guests to use.

I would stay here again without question

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Saskheat
Reviewed December 3, 2006

Staying in the Courtyard was a really enjoyable experience. The hotel staff were all polite and helpful, particularly reception. Checking into the hotel was dealt with quickly and efficiently

The room was clean, bright air-conditioned and we had a nice view from the balcony over one of the pools.

The hotel location is a bonus for the pleasure seakers as it is only a few miles to all the disney parks. It's is only a junction away from the I4 which makes it easy to get to from either Orlando International or Sanford airports, and makes driving to Universal Studios an easy task. Continue along the road the hotel is on and you come to SeaWorld within 2 miles.

Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby too, although they tend to be a bit more on the pricey side due to convenience. I would suggest a short drive down the 535 on to the 192 and the choice and value of restaurants and shops are much better. Most convenient is a Pizza Hut next door to the hotel, which can deliver direct to your room for only a $2.50 charge, and best of all you can call them using room service.

The only disappointment I have to say was the quality of the breakfast and service at breakfast from the hotel. The food was cold and not a wide variety of choice. I will add that the best thing about breakfast were the "Mickey Waffles" which you made yourself. The service was poorer than you come to expect and when we stayed there during Thanks Giving holiday, it did seem very busy with not enough waiting staff to cope with the demand.

As a recomendation I would suggest going round the corner to Sizzlers for breakfast. Its a few dollars cheaper plus there is better service and better choice, and there is always Golden Corral along the 535 too. Similiarly priced to Sizzlers with a little more choice.

Of all the staff at the hotel I think the best praise should go to house keeping. They tidied our room every day, and we got fresh bedding, towels and toiletries daily. If any of the staff deserve tipping at the end of your stay I would suggest them.

Overall a really good hotel to stay in and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrc_uk2000
Reviewed December 2, 2006

We arrived about 11am and were pretty sure we wouldn't be able to check in and just went to reception to ask the best time to come back and were very pleasantly suprised when we were given a room. The room was clean and spacious and the fridge was handy. We didn't use the restaurants or pools (this was Orlando there's so much to do!). We did use the business centre for internet access and the price was reasonable. There are plenty of places to eat close by within walking distance. I think the area is much nicer than International Drive and nowhere is more than a 20 minute drive away (Malls, Parks etc). We had a lamp in the room that didn't work and within 10 minutes someone came up to fix it. I was very pleased with the quality of the room and service for the modest price I paid and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2006

For a busy, activity-filled vacation on a budget, this hotel was great. Nothing exciting, just your basic rooms, but we were gone most of the time and never even got a chance to try the pools.

The location is excellent, I was very happy with the easy access to the highway to the Disney parks, as well as all of the restaurants that were close by. We hit McDonald's for breakfast on our way to the highway, and it was very convenient.

There were washers and dryers on our floor, which would have been very handy had we not been so busy running from park to park.

There was one computer in the lobby that you could use to check e-mail, and we were able to check our e-mail every day, no problem.

This is a good hotel for a busy vacation where you won't be spending lots of time at your hotel. I didn't get a chance to use the pools, so I don't know how they were, but they looked okay (if a bit on the small side for my tastes). Location is excellent, lots of restaurants a short drive away (we liked Bahama Breeze a lot). If I were doing another budget vacation, I would go back. For my next vacation I am hoping to do some more relaxing and would like a hotel with some more amenities and comforts of home.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I stayed here last April and had a great time. The hotel was clean and close to all attractions (mid-way between Universal and Disney). Downtown Disney was only a five minute drive and there are of restaurants nearby. The included breakfast was very good and the staff very helpful. However if you don't have a car, you could walk to Downtown Disney (around 15-20 minutes) and hop a bud to the parks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple