Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #163 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Excellent Hotel Choice”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arrival on 2/26 we were upgraded to a King Suite. We had reserved and expected a double suite, as it was all that was available when we booked, using Marriott points. It was lovely, comfortable and quiet, and as always, the Marriott beds are the ultimate in comfort. The staff could not be more helpful, professional and friendly, always greeting us in the morning, asking if we needed assistance and how our trip was going. The pool and hot tub were wonderful, clean and soothing after a long day at the Parks. We had breakfast twice and it was so good, a variety of healthy fresh food. The surrounding area has almost every restaurant you can think of and the entrance to the Park was less than 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for King Suite availability on the second floor. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LauraRadler, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay! I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted a place for a good price, close to House of Blues for a 1-night stay after a concert. This met our expectations. We checked in then immediately left for Dinner/Concert at Downtown Disney, came back, slept, checked-out. It was a great for what we wanted but nothing special. Lobby looked really nice. Pool looked decent, as well as restaurant/bar, arcade, gift shop...but we didn't use any of the amenities. Room was kind of run-down for a Marriott, and the area isn't so upscale. Wi-fi didn't work at all. They referred me to tech support but I didn't want to spend vacation time troubleshooting their internet. I felt that that was their job, not mine. The front-desk staff was great, very hospitable. TIP: This worked well for a post Downtown Disney stay (concert in my case). So if you consider this, a Mears taxi was $9 both times there and back. With gratuity, a $22 round-trip cab is much cheaper than a DUI (and safer!).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a good location and has been refurbushed recentely( lobby)
The latest rates jumped incredbly.
It use to be my first options for short trips but now I am looking other options.
The restaurant offers a good breakfast and the people are frendly.
The overal value in becoming negative.
I had several stays there and I never had a major problem.

• Stayed February 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found nothing special in this Courtyard by Marriott. Last year we stayed at the Cortyard, Lake Buena Vista across the freeway and it was a much better experience - better quality rooms.

The breakfast on my first day was a disappointment. I finished eating before I was served coffee. Additionally, we were charged for the breakfast because the check-in staff failed to provide us with our breakfast vouchers. There is a full breakfast and a buffet. The food is excellent but the service slow. They had a clown doing balloons for kids on the weekend and he was wonderfully entertaining. He made it worth taking your child there.

The rooms are a bit disappointing for a Marriott but they were clean. The gym had free weights( dumbbells) which i appreciate.

Overall, for the price it was not a great value. A good stay but a little overpriced for the quality of room.

One other note - there are a couple of excellent restaurants just a minute or two walk from the hotel - that is a real positive if you want a drink with dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Al Y
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed for one night in January. This is an older hotel that was purchased by Marriott and is in the process of being updated. The lobby has been revamped and looked great. The restaurant was under renovation as well as some of the other common areas. The rooms (at least the one I stayed in) were updated to the current Courtyard theme. The toilet seemed a bit slow, but everything else seemed ok.

The staff was pleasant and they gave us a free buffet breakfast due to the construction.

The pool was ok, it was heated but is very deep at one end which could be a concern if you have small children. The hot tub was huge and had a waterfall. This is one of the best hot tubs I have seen in any hotel.

There are a bunch of restaurants, gift shops, etc in the area. You can walk if needed, but they are primarily in strip malls on a busy road,

All in all, there are million places to stay in the area. The Courtyard is neither the best nor the worst. I feel like the great staff and the pending refurbishments show that Marriott is focusing on improving the property to meet their standard.

Would stay again if I got a good rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ezajac
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My IPAD was stolen from my room at this hotel. I travel weekly for business and have never had anything stolen. The General Manager of the hotel didn't even come out to apologize, instead she sent some lower level manager who said she didn't have enough experience to provide details of what happens next.

Besides that, this is the dumpiest, dirtiest Courtyard I've ever stayed at.

There's a hotel every hundred yards in this area, I would recommend that people stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Vercat0
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Room = okay. Lobby = fine. Aura = uneasy. Nothing bad happened while I was there but there was something about the place that made me wonder about safety issues. Things like having a police car parked at the far corner of the parking lot just watching things when I checked in. And having the sign in the photo bolted to a pole on the second day. And returning from meetings at night to have the security door held open with a rock. If I were looking for an inconspicuous place to make a large drug deal, this hotel might fit the bill. As a place to hang out between meetings, there are plenty of other choices within a 2 mile radius, including another Courtyard and a Marriott if you're in the Rewards program. I wish I had checked TripAdvisor before I booked this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business