“Incredible Value for the Price”

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #169 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the first time in October 2012 and enjoyed my stay so much that I booked another stay here two weeks later when I was back in Orlando on business. This hotel is a little different than most Courtyard Hotels. It targets both business travelers and tourists, which gives the hotel a feel that is welcoming to both types of guests. I was in Orlando for trade shows at the end of October and beginning of November. I stayed in this hotel because the price was so affordable, and it was close to the trade shows I was attending. The hotel is near shopping, retaurants, and several amusement parks. The hotel had a very nice breakfast buffet, which is a bit unusual for Courtyard Hotels. The rooms were comfortable with a work desk and reliable internet service. The hotel staff was quite friendly, which is why I decided to return two weeks later when I had to be back in Orlando for another trade show. The price got me in the door, but the hotel brought me back. When I need to be in Orlando in the future, I will look again to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg A
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre

Reviewed November 19, 2012

wrote a review on this hotel 2 years ago and was very complimentary. when booking to go to orlando we had no hesitation in staying again at this hotel. gladly nothing as changed about this hotel, everything that was good is still the same, i could almost cut and paste the last review. a big thank you must go to the very friendly staff so helpful wether advice on restaurants shopping parks etc.to the cleaners who assorted our childrens toys in a different display on the beds every day which they looked forward to seeing when returning after another hectic day and to the managers who upgraded us to a family suite.
this was the first time we drove in orlando after 3 previous holidays relying on public or hotel transportation. after listening to countless people telling me how easy it is we decided to hire a car for the middle week of the holiday. during this week we used the car to go to universal studios( no transportation from hotel) and to the many shopping malls. this made a tremendous difference and definitely added to the experience in the past it as been a nightmare hopping on different buses to get to the parks or malls and then back home with a pile of bags. have never driven abroard before or an automatic car so was initially a little nervous however the hotel is so conveniently situated you are making more or less the same journey day in day out, coupled with very well signposted attractions, it soon became an enjoyable bonus of the holiday. in the future will have a car for the full trip.
for food within walking distance millers ale house is still the star attraction fab food for a great price would love one of these to open up in the u.k. dennys mexican very nice but no jalapenos on their nachos shame. the knife argentinian buffet is well worth the money never seen so much meat in my life great choice a bit pricier and kids are charged by height rather than age which comes in handy if you have two shorties like me. olive garden still good. hooters boneless chicken wings stunning had the two mile island and spicy garlic good kick on both.
noticed disney parks prices have gone up in the last two years dont know much about their disney dining plan but could be worth looking into.
will return to orlando some day and would not hesitate to book this great hotel again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank theowenclan
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We originally booked into another hotel on Palm Parkway (ranked over 100 places higher than the Courtyard) but were so disappointed with it that we decided to check-out and find somewhere else to stay. The Courtyard was just down the road so we thought we would see if they had any rooms.

The lady on reception was very helpful and let us look at a room and a suite before deciding if we wanted to stay. We chose a room and got it with the breakfast package for a very good rate. After the other hotel, it was nice to have a brightly decorated room that was clean and welcoming!

The hotel has two nice pools, a hot tub, pool towels and plenty of loungers. There is a small play area for children. The breakfast is excellent value for money and one of the nicest buffets that we have had in our travels. There is a business centre just off the lobby with free internet access (and in all the rooms), free coffee/tea all day and iced water for those who want it. Although we didn't go to any theme parks, there is a Disney ticket desk and a shuttle to the parks. The hotel also has a good size gym and a shop that stays open until 10.00pm.

Overall we really liked this hotel and would definately return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Traveller from UK
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I frequently stay in the Disney area for business meetings and this was a great place for a little business and a little vacation. Even if you're looking for a quieter, less hectic place to stay for a Disney trip this is a good choice. Although this isn't the most updated Courtyard (they still have the classic tasty Courtyard breakfast buffet!), my room was fresh and relaxing, the property was clean and well taken care of, the grounds and pools were very nice and clean, and the service was outstanding and more personable than usual.

Although there are some places nearby with more pizazz, this is a great spot if you're looking for a quiet, refreshing, convenient place to stay near Disney.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bluedesert
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went for one week to disney and this hotel is near the area and has a nice pool for the kids and you to relax with a HOT jaccuzzi. You have to ask for refrigerator and microwave if you did not buy the breakfast options. Disney tickets at the looby. One cucaracha came at night and i asked to leave and i never saw her again.

Room Tip: Far from the maintenance area they do a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

May 2009: on my very first solo trip to Orlando, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express
near Disney World. It had everything I needed: free breakfast, free internet, and a great
location.

Fast forward to September 2012. I was planning my first ever biannual solo trip to Orlando
and needed a hotel that was close to everything. It was tough, but I eventually decided on
the Marriott Courtyard on Palm Parkway.

Because I don't want to bore you, I'll just give you the pros and cons of this Courtyard in particular.

PROS: Super, SUPER location. Located close to all the theme parks, plenty of restaurants, shops and pizza joints within walking distance. If you book a room on Orbitz, you can get breakfast for free. Clean suite room with 2 TVs, free WiFi, microwave and mini-fridge. 2 pools and a jacuzzi. Nice. Friendly staff, especially when I had a transportation-related dilemma. As for that, I'll spare you the details for now. The Lynx bus has a route on Palm Parkway, which made it convenient for me to get to Disney without having to rely on the hotel's free shuttles.

CONS: Getting to my room for the first time was a bit tricky, considering the layout of the hotel. My suite was on the third floor and located a bit far from the main lobby. Not a deal-breaker, though. Noticed some noise outside of my room from the parking lot, but it wasn't a total bummer.

So basically, there are more pros and cons for the Courtyard on Palm Parkway. I would recommend using this hotel for both leisure and business. Just make sure you have a Lynx bus
pass handy in case you don't use the free park shuttles.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Korgy86
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for our 5 day trip to Disney and Sea World. It was a fantastic alternative to higher priced on-property Disney hotels.

PROS: Fantastic location...5 minutes from Downtown Disney, 10 minutes from SeaWorld, 10-15 minutes from Magic Kingdom...tons of chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Chilis, etc.) right around corner. Winn Dixie only 2 minutes away. Suite was great...bedroom separated by door from living room area (with tv, kitchenette, sofa - could put the kids to bed, while adults stayed up to watch tv, prep for next day. Nice pool area with hot tub and small playground. Price...got upgraded to suite and free breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids through Expedia, around $100 a nite - awesome! Breakfast was great, nice buffet with lots of options....servers very friendly, not always very speedy tho. Finally, easy, free parking!

CONS: Only con was maid service was subpar. Room was a little older, but nice and clean. However, on several notes we had to ask for more towels and additional shampoo, soap, etc. as maid did not leave. Not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

Overall, a great budget-friendly choice for Disney!

Room Tip: If you have young kids, definitely go with the suite!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family