“Good location, close to everything”

Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #159 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Monterrey, Mexico
“Good location, close to everything”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during easter week.

It is a very large, with two pools (one better than the other), jacuzzi, bar and good parking.

The service was good, rooms are spacious and kept clean, although we note that one of the furniture was damaged, the handle fell.

A plus is that they have no extra charge safe in the room.

They also have a restaurant with buffet breakfast in the morning for a small extra fee breakfast is included, although a bit annoying that the waiters require proof of payment every time you go to breakfast.

Anyway, the service was good, the price is according to the quality of the hotel, in fact it's an economical option.

The hotel is in the Buena Vista area just minutes from Disney World and 15 minutes drive from Universal Studios, Millenia Mall, Outlet Mall and Walmart.

A good choice in Orlando.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
Granby, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

No more towel at the pool went to the lobby and ask for more and the only came in the evening so we use the towel in our room.No more popcorn and the lemonade was empty in the lobby.The wi-fi connection was not good in my room. All the little detail that make this hotel perfect in the past was not there during my stay. It was my six visits at this hotel.

1 Thank Whisky1
Beaufort, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had booked a suite and we didn't like it, so we switched and stayed in a normal guest room with a balcony overlooking a big, fancy pool. It was nice. Breakfast is good but unless you're a reward member, you have to pay for it. The furniture was a little banged up in our particular, but we ignored that because the price was reasonable. Guest rooms are two double beds, not two queens, which can really cramp you if 4 people are in one room.

If you book a suite (instead of a guest room), know that all the suites are located in the older, "renovated" part of the hotel (I was told it used to be a Howard Johnson). The suites are accessed from the outdoors, and some people are uncomfortable with that, especially when they've paid more. The TV in the suite's 'living room' was an older 90s model tube TV. The hotel is rather large and sometimes it's confusing navigating from the 'outdoor' rooms to the 'indoor' rooms and the lobby/breakfast area. There are two swimming pools, and although both can be accessed by all guests, the swimming pool on the renovated side is sort of crappy looking. Oh, and the sofabed is terribly uncomfortable.

I guess the real selling point is location, and the Disney entrance is right across the road and probably a short walk (we didn't go to disney). There's also a free shuttle to the outlet stores.

Room Tip: Be prepared because there are no queen beds in guest rooms, just doubles or kings. The sofabed in t...
3 Thank Adam W
Wellington, FL
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and although the hotel property is older, the service, cleanliness and staff make up for the lack of glamour. We were greeted promptly and given an upgrade to a king suite. This is one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed at in Orlando. The bathroom was pristine and the room was extremely clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Just when I thought I could not be happier we had the buffet in the dining room and while the food was adequate we were so entertained by the clown, we did not care. The second day we ordered eggs cooked for us and enjoyed that a lot more.
Also it is in a smaller area of Orlando that is easy to get in and out of even though it is across the street from the Disney Marketplace. We went to the Goodings Supermarket, only one block over, for some good wine and snacks and ate a cheap meal at Wild Wings that was located in the same plaza. ( I think we sill skip that and go to the Fudruckers next time).
All in all we really enjoyed our room, the pool and the kids even played shuffleboard together.
I will stay definitely stay here when I return to Orlando!

Room Tip: We were in a corner suite that seemed larger and we liked staying by the little pool. Also order egg...
Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I switched from the Courtyard LBV Marriott village to this Courtyard and I liked it much better. I had a room with a balcony which was fantastic (because I am a Marriott Gold?). The A/C in the room can be set to "run" which gives you some white noise while trying to sleep. The room was quiet and the door pretty well insulated the noise from the hallway. I like the fact that the parking at this property is convenient, I am sure that this is an older property converted to a courtyard, but I liked it. I actually had a "turndown" service that left a nice note thanking me for being a valued Marriott Rewards member...nice touch. I did not use the workout facility or the restaurant on site. Another "plus" for this property is its proximity to a few decent restaurants..there is an Irish pub, an itialian restaurant and a hooters all in the same complex. The property is nicely laid out and is next to a small lake...very nice setting. I will be staying here again when I am in Orlando on business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
atlanta
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am a Marriott elite and generally get upgraded to the mini suites but this time got the regular room and it's generally your basic Marriott Courtyard in look. However, there are black stains that are very ugly and noticeable by my sink. There's a spot for a fridge, but no fridge. When I called they did bring one, but since it turns out they have no plug in the fridge spot they had to stick it in a corner (and it looks like it's been beat with a baseball bat :) ) Room has a nice view and overlooks the pool, but as a result you have a lot of noise. Not sure I would recommend a pool view if you want quite.

Someone dropped something off for me and the front desk didn't notify me. They said they tried to call, but there's no message so one has to wonder.

I am trying to do some work here but... the internet may win a prize. WORST EVER! Generally every five minutes or so it just stops loading.. Not really acceptable for me.

If the price is right I would stay here again, but it may have moved behind the Marriott Village hotels on my list in this area. It's just starting to show a little wear and tear around the edges.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main pool are noisy. Sliding doors don't block out the screaming kids :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff is very very friendly and polite. I asked a room switch to a new one with balcony and I was promptly attended.. they moved all my luggage to new room.
The breakfast is more than excellent with hot buffet , five kinds of cereals waffles and pancakes, all you can eat for less than U$8 ,
The location for dISNEY parks could not be better , they have a van that lets you in the Disney parks, so you can save the parking lot money.
Even Universal parks are not more far than 25 minutes driving
A small complaint:the rooms in this hotel look old and there are no fridges or microwaves, what is of course useful when travelling with small kids.
I will certainly stay in this place again and will give more than 5 stars when they remodel their rooms or install microwaves and frigdes,

Room Tip: take a balcony room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family