Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #177 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I read a number of the reveiws prior to booking this Marriott location and found some good and some not as good. We booked two suites which were ready when we arrived around 3 PM. The hotel is somwwhat dated for a Marriott, but found to be clean and the staff very pleasant. My grandchildren spent some time at the pool in the evening which was clean and we enjoyed the area. This hotel is very convenient to Disney and Universal. They have a great breakfast buffett at a great price and lobby bar full stocked. Brad the bellman at the front door was very helpful in all our request. Natalie the bartender was very pleasant and made you feel at home. If you need transporation from the hotel to any of the attractions or to the airport at a reasonable rate you must have the hotel set you up with Getty Transportation and especially request Abel as your driver. We were not disappointed in the service. We found plenty of places to each all within a half mile or less of the hotel. We would certainly stay at this hotel again on our next trip back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael H

Reviewed June 24, 2012

First of all, for all the complainers out there- you need to take a step back and realize that this whole area around Kissamee is a tourist trap and every room at every hotel is booked around the clock. If you are looking for solitude and a back rub- go to a $250/nite Trump/ Reunion typed property. For prices above 3 star and below 5 star- I give this place a huge thumbs up. Entrance is clean, rooms are clean, slept soundly, breakfast was resonable. On the way out I was running late, very hungry and did not know about the buffet. Front office manager Patrick Hines greeted me right on point - with a huge smile, genuine concern, a good morning and helped me to get organized for my departure to another hotel I could not locate. He fixed my rewards points i forgot about, guided me to the next destination, and - mind boggling- gave me a discount for breakfast. In a busy area like this - to get great 1/1 service - will have my return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here during a business trip from 6/18-6/21. Overall, I was happy with my stay.

The hotel is set up much like an apartment community, with buildings scattered about the property. Upon check-in, the clerk provides a map to your particular building. The clerk was nice enough to let me do an early check-in (11 am), which was much appreciated.

The rooms are not as outdated as has been stated by some reviewers, but that may be based on what part of the property I stayed. My room was located on the second floor, overlooking a pool. It had a balcony, so I was able to work on my computer (free wi-fi) outside, which was nice. The room itself was nice and clean. The carpet had a couple of ink stains, but it was no big deal. My biggest complaint is that the walls between rooms are very thin. I could actually hear the person next door snoring. At one point, I thought it was housekeeping doing an evening vacuum, but lo and behold, it was my neighbor! I could also hear them coughing, blowing their noses, etc. (and no, this wasn't coming from the hallway), so it was a minor annoyance.

A delicious breakfast buffet is offered. You can have it included with your room price through a package, but it didn't come with mine, as I purchased a Florida resident rate package. If your reservation doesn't come with the breakfast, it's $10.00. It's offered from 6:30-11:00, and gets busy very quickly: when I stayed, I got there just after 6:30 each morning and people were already trickling in. They offer waffles, fruit, cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, etc. Something for everybody.

A couple of neat touches: in the lobby in the evening, they offer a spread of crackers, cheese, and cookies, and they provide free coffee all day. In addition, you can order Pizza Hut (which is just down the street) through room service and they'll deliver it to you. If you're a business traveler, this is great.

This Courtyard is conveniently located to Downtown Disney, and I think they offer shuttle service to the Disney theme parks.

Nice place to stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights while in Orlando to visit Disney. This hotel is very well located, it also offer a complimentary shuttle to the parks. Try to book the rate that comes with free breakfast, it's a very nice buffet which even comes with a balloon making clown during he weekends which was a big entertainment for the kids. 2 heated pools, a very nice gym and a great game room and gift shop. Finally their entire staff was great, always willing to help with a smile!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lebdude
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Easy access to Disney and free hot breakfast buffet for less than $100. It's true the hotel is not the newest, most updated property but for the little time we spend there the positives outway the age factor. We would try to find a similar deal at another property when we return but would consider staying here again if we couldn't. This is one of the best breatfasts aroound and you can get the buffet included in your room rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank the_dipper
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Not the worst hotel I have stayed in but definitely the worst Marriott . It is an old hotel that has some redone areas. Lobby is nice, staff was very nice, check in was easy, rooms were old. There was mold in bathroom, could not shut door from living area to bedroom because bed was in the way, there was silly string on the ceiling, and I found a roach Trying to crawl into my toiletry bag. Breakfast was not included for silver elite members but I did receive two water bottles, a granola bar and a certificate for 20% off the restaurant. Two pool areas, liked the smaller one for the younger kids, big pool always had extremely rough and loud boys throwing things and running and jumping every time I went by. I do nit reccomnedmend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elena3548
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I read good reviews on Priceline and booked for 2 nights at $79 per night. The hotel was really easy to find and in a fabulous location. Minutes to theme parks and Downtown Disney and many wonderful places to eat and shop. We got a double room with 2 beds and were very happy to see that we had a patio area! First use of the toilet made it run, we had to call maintenance. He was there in 5 minutes and fixed the problem. I then called for a mini fridge for my husband's insulin but was told they were out of them and do I want to go on the wait list. Every room should automatically come with a fridge, this is the Marriott for crying out loud! The sink/faucet is another issue...the faucet is about a quarter inch from the sink so brushing your teeth is a bit hard. I always wear earplugs when staying at a hotel and I'm glad because my husband said he heard everything, from people in the hallway to our next door neighbors. The first morning we woke up I moved the covers and saw a blood spot, I had them change the sheets that day. I wasn't bleeding, which means it was from a bug or someone else. The day of our checkout I noticed I had small bumps on my wrists and the back of my arms. I thought I might have gotten bit while sitting outside, but now I don't think that is the case since I researched bed bugs. My next move is to call the hotel to inform them of this since we just got back last night. I have a feeling they will deny having them....

Room Tip: Check your bed for bugs the moment you walk in