Stayed at Fort Wilderness for 5 days in July and having stayed at other Disney Resorts was extremely disappointed.
The cabins are very nicely appointed, fully serviced and well equipped, but in Orlando in July you do not stay inside you accomodation you want to explore, the campground is remote in it's feel (some might say this is good), to use any of the amenities including the pool you either catch a bus for which there are three different colour coded routes, hire a golf cart at $44.00 a day plus tax or walk. You cannot drive to the shop or the restaurants.
The campground when we visited was full of tents and camper vans.
The pool we used whilst we were there was by definition medium to small in size with no slides for the children.
In the restaurant, the theme is tin plates and jam jars to drink out of, fun at first but when the service is abysmal and the food not in anyway on par with other Disney Resorts and expensive, there is no fun and you feel you are being taken advantage of.
The Hoop Dee Doo show is fun, the children would want to be seated downstairs and not around the balcony and the food and service compared to the rest of the resort.
Transportation to other parks and resorts is initially from the dock by boat over to the Magic Kingdom and connects from there, a good system that works well.
The shop or general store is very poorly stocked with everyday necessities and extremely expensive. Be prepared if you are going to stay at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp amid the magic of the great outdoors. Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground evokes the timeless beauty of the American frontier, with deer, rabbits, ducks and armadillos roaming the Resort's 750 acres of pine and cypress forest. Discover charming woodland trails, a pristine beach, spectacular pool areas and rip-roarin' entertainment at this picturesque backcountry retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Camping
- Fort Wilderness Disney
- Campground Orlando
- Fort Wilderness Florida
- Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort Campground
- Ft Wilderness Disney
- Disney Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Ft Wilderness Campground