SIx of us (Me and my husband, our two kids (ages 2 and 4), and my parents) stayed at a cabin at Fort Wilderness for a Disney trip in early March. We love For Wilderness and had a great vacation! The cabin slept 6 comfortably (double bed and bunk in the bedroom, plus a murphy bed in the living area), had a full kitchen, deck with picnic table, and charcoal grill. We used the kitchen and grill daily for our midday meals during breaks from the Parks. We ended up only getting the cabin cleaned on two of our six days, not because housekeeping wasn't coming by, but they were only coming by in the middle of the day after we had already returned from the parks for a break and our kids were napping. (The cabins were otherwise very clean, but my four year old did find a very old, very disgusting piece of meat under the couch.) I would highly recommend a golf cart, which adds about $60 daily to the price of your stay. It helps with transportation so you don't have to catch a bus to get on another bus (or boat) to get to the parks, and most of the cabins are also far away from the Meadows area, where the big pool is along with the nighttime campfire and movie activities. There is a smaller, quieter pool near the cabins which my kids were very happy with. There are lots of activities to do at the campground when not visiting the Parks (pool with waterslide (with extremely attentive lifeguards), toddler/preschool pool area with shallow water, slides,and waterfalls, playgrounds throughout the campground, basketball, horesback riding, boat rentals, bike rentals, etc.).
Overall, we had a wonderfull time here and would definitely consider Fort Wilderness again for another Disney vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camp amid the magic of the great outdoors. Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground evokes the timeless beauty of the American frontier, with deer, rabbits, ducks and armadillos roaming the Resort's 750 acres of pine and cypress forest. Discover charming woodland trails, a pristine beach, spectacular pool areas and rip-roarin' entertainment at this picturesque backcountry retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Camping
- Fort Wilderness Disney
- Campground Orlando
- Fort Wilderness Florida
- Disneys Fort Wilderness Resort Campground
- Ft Wilderness Disney
- Disney Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Ft Wilderness Campground