“It was a pleasant stay!”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #134 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 5, 2010

All Star Sports was a pleasant surprise. When I was planning my Disney trip, I was a little bit worried about this resort, because it was very cheap when you compare the price of others Disney resorts.

I travelled with my spouse and daughter (she is 9yo) and the room was perfect for us, with two queen size beds. The room was clean and everything works ok. I was not expecting anything superb because we stayed at the parks all day long.

What I like best was the service at the restaurant. The attendants, most latin american, were very nice and always helpful in any queries that we had. I definitely recommend this resort, because it was cheap, clean and the service is very good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,626)

Reviewed October 31, 2010

We had an excellent stay and would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Second time staying there - payed the extra and glad we did! Were near the pool, food court, and Bus Stops. Worth EVERY PENNY! Remember that you are there for the FUN and not the ROOM! It is a typical room - just a shower and sleeeping! Food Court overpriced as usual - food bland at Best - Wish disney would do something about that! Would eat @ park or off property! Get the Cups for Food Court - best value! Check in service was GREAT! Staff was Great! Beware of smoking police - they are polite - but a long walk to smoke!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

I have stayed on Disney property several times, but this was the first time at this hotel. Here is a run-down with the pros and cons..

Check in was quick and efficient...service was good. Some minor renovations were being done to the outside of the building but it wasn't anything that caused major disruptions. I asked to change floors when I checked in, and was cheerfully accommodated. The room is a little on the small side, but came with everything I needed for this trip. The room was very clean, and every corner and spot was cleaned. I tried to find issues but couldn't. I ate at the cafeteria twice, and both times service was fast, friendly and food was good. I also stopped by the poolside bar twice this trip, and had more great service. The bartender was friendly, and made a real effort to talk to everyone. As for the room ammenities, the shower pressure and water temperature were excellent, and there was sufficient soap and wash for those who didnt pack their own.

Now the not so good points.
Sound, as you might have already read travels right through. I requested a 3rd floor room, and while this does help, neighboring rooms will keep you up late, and wake you up again early. 1am-6am is great, any other times just hope you are a deep sleeper or just really drunk or tired. lol
Also, food court area is good as I mentioned, but the selection is not great and can get pricey if cost is an issue. Decor is ok, but the photos of all the sports celebrities are very dated. (early 90s is my best guess, eg Steve McNair, Greg Maddox) This is probably the last time the hotel got a renovation...
Lastly, not a big one, but noticable...Last 2 trips when you placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door they would leave a bag of towels and hand cloths and a note saying that they appreciated your need for privacy but wanted to show they cared. No such items this trip, over the course of 3 days. Minor issue, but I still noticed.

All in all, good value for money, with WDW perks and service. Would definately stay here again but if you have the funds, you might look to another more upscale park.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The room itself was so-so but the amount of unattended children at the pool and running around the hotel was unbelievable! Never again will I stay here. I love kids but it seemed liked the parents just told the kids go out and get into anything and everything. The poor staff were on their toes every second cleaning up messes and looking for guardians. If I ever have children they will not be staying there and I will not recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Recently spent five nights at theAll Star Sports Resort. It is somewhat tough to review as the last time that we went to Disney we stayed at the Contemporary. All Star Sports was ok, but cramped, low quality linens and towels. The Dining area was perpetually crowded with a small menu that never changed. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The only way around as via the bus system. This was a bit of a pain as we had the monorail when we stayed at the Contemporary. I suppose that if budget was the only factor this hotel would be fine. It is tough for me to imagine what this would be like for a family of four. We were there with almost 12 year old daughter for archery tournament. It was almost too crowded for three of us. I did love the fact that the laundry was steps away from the building we were in - Home Rune # 8. That was very convienent. So - to sum up - I would likely try something a bit less value conscious if we went again. And - staying in a resort with a monorail is very helpful.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

My family and I stayed this hotel for 10 nights at the end of Sept 2010.

The hotel location is great (when compare to Movie & Music), the nearest one to the theme parks and a McDonald's nearby.

The room is comfortable and clean, the housekeeping team come to my room everyday and even if we showed "privacy time" tag outside the room, they still leave some clean towels and necessarities outside my room.

The food court is cheaper than the other two locate at Music and Movie, and the pizza is delicious. And it is a must to buy the refillable mug, lots of drinks can choose, e.g. soft drinks, hot choco, hot coffee and tea!!!! The mug allowed me to have unlimited drinks during the stay and I tried to mix and match the drink, such as mocca, coke with lemon.

One of the CM in the shop even helped me to exchange the conins into paper notes, her enthusiastic helped me a lot!!!

One thing need to note is I met a lot of lovebugs during my stay, lots of lovebus stay at the room corridor and in front of my room door, these bugs are very annoying, especially entering the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MANDYTAOMT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!