“Most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in.”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #143 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2006

My wife and I prepayed and checked into the All-Star Resort for a four night stay beginning Feb 17,2006 only to be told at the front desk (after a fifty minute way in the check in line) that they had our reservation number and confirmed that we were pre-payed, but that they were in an overbooked situation and had given our room away.( It was 2:30 in the afternoon) They informed us that this was a "value" hotel and this happened often. It only got worse from there, our luggage arrived at 2:48 IN THE MORNING !!! Our park hopper passes and meal package did not work. DO NOT STAY HERE !! Disney had grown too fast and cannot keep up with the volume of people. Stay off property at the Hyatt, Homeward Suites, and commute to the Kingdom. Best on property value by far for the kids and adults in the Hard Rock Hotel/Universal Studios package.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank pbenny1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

We have just returned from two days in the resort, after using it as a base to visit the four main Disney Parks. We originated from Europe and travelled as two adults plus an eight year old.

Checked in at around 5 p.m. which took 15 minutes including wait time. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The room itself was clean and spacious enough for the two double beds, but the appliances and bathroom seemed pretty dated.

The pool area was huge, warm and sparkling. Fantastic job, Disney.
We were lucky that the hotel was only half full, but I suspect that during the peak times, and summer that the place would be overflowing.

We were recommended to eat at the Disney food court near the hotel entrance, but I am sorry to say that it was dirty, the food was awful, expensive and the staff were unfriendly. I was shocked. We immediately asked the concierge to recommend something away from the hotel. We wanted to visit one of the themed restaurants like the Sci-Fi in Disney MGM, or Ohanas on the Disney island. Our concierge said that Sci-Fi was being refurbished and Ohanas was full. Being stubborn, we tried anyway, and found that the Sci-Fi was not only open, but handed been refurbished for months. The next day we visited Ohanas and found that it was half empty.
Disney obviously have to improve the reservation system.

In summary, the room was good value for money, but the resort staff need retraining, and Disney MUST apply the same cleanliness rules to the resort as it does for it's main Parks.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank Joseph S
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

This was our first time at this hotel and we found it to be everything you could expect from an economy location. No, it doesn't have all the little extras you find at the more expensive resorts but who wants to pay a few hundred dollars more for a hair dryer and coffee maker? The cast members were very freindly, particularly the woman at the Food Court register who always greeted my wife with great enthusiasm. The buses(when we used them)were convienent. If I had any problem it was with the front desk which was badly understaffed and slow for both check-in and check-out. Overall, we liked this hotel and have already booked another visit for the '06 Christmas season.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2006

My family stayed here Jan. 5-13, 2006 (2 adults and kids ages 8 and 5). In general, our stay was enjoyable.

We arrived at 10:30 am after taking a 6:00 am flight out of O'Hare. We had made some special room requests to accomodate the needs of our daughter. We were put in a perfect spot for what we needed: 1st floor inner corner building 7 (touchdown). Relatively quiet, facing a landscaped area, but still very close to the main building. Even better, our room was available right away. We also requested bed rails (which were a kids version), and they were in the room by the time we walked there. Room was clean.

Magical Express worked out great for us, as well as Disney Transportation. I think the longest wait we had for a bus was 10 minutes or so.

I wanted a hair dryer, so requested one from the front desk. It was not great, and the printing on the side was half rubbed off... If a hair dryer is important to you, bring your own.

We took advantage of the refillable mugs. We took them back to our room, filled our travel water bottles with the drinks, and carried them to the parks. We rarely had to purchase drinks in the parks that way. It also compensated for not having a coffee maker in the room, somewhat.

Light sleepers may have a problem here. We could hear when water turned on by our neighbors (showers, etc.) For the most part, this was OK except for our first weekend there (Marathon participants were getting ready around 3 am). We didn't hear people in their rooms, but could hear them outside our room. This was OK for the time we were there (no one was rowdy late), but during busier times of the year, I can see how this could be a problem.

Express checkout worked smoothly. Magical Express didn't pick us up until an hour after our scheduled time (still not sure why). We still got to the airport with plenty of time, though. (Thank goodness, I was worried for a while). We even had time to grab something to eat before take off.

To summarize, the All Star Sports is nice during the slow season. It fits people that want to use their room as a base, and for those who want to spend money on something other than lodging, but still stay on Disney grounds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cape May, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2006

We have been going to Disney World every few years since 1981 and have seen a number of disappointing changes. We have stayed on and off property and this year learned the Disney version of "you get what you pay for." We just got back from taking our grandson who wanted to stay at the All Star Sports Resort. We had planned on staying at the Polynesian but figuring we'd save some money in the deal, booked at the economy resort. And there's your first clue.....economy. No hair dryers, no coffee pots, no body lotion, no hair conditioner, no plastic bags for clothes, no shower caps, no cute Mickey Mouse shampoo bottles like they have in the high end resorts and no cute washcloths made into bunnys or fans. I'm going to hurry to add that the rooms were clean and when I talked to a room attendent about the lack of ammenities, she said you would only get them at the more expensive resorts. Everything else, maybe, but hair dryers? One can only picture a team of bald "Mickey-Execs" sitting at a conference table deciding where to cut costs and boost profits. Well, now you know where they did it. So, if you want the perks, don't book at the All Star Resorts.........or if you do, don't forget to take your hair dryer, coffee pot, etc., etc., etc. J.Dalton

8 Thank Capemayite
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2006

I stayed at this resort in March 2005 with my daughter during a cheerleading competition taking place on the Disney properties. I was concerned about our accommodations after reading a lot of these reviews, but I was honestly quite surprised at how nice these rooms were. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I found the staff at this resort to be very friendly and helpful. I was also very impressed with the housekeeping services. The resort WAS very crowded and I sometimes found it difficult to get through the cafeteria. The pool areas were also very crowded. However, I expected as much during this particular event. My daughter and I will be returning again this March with her cheer team and we're looking forward to staying here again. This resort exceeded my expectations for a "budget hotel". I wouldn't hesitate to bring my entire family here on vacation.

Stayed March 2005
4 Thank bryant4442017
Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2006

Three nights, arriving Sat, 12/31. Ground floor room in Hoops Hotel. Disney Transportation System, on-time and very frequent. At Sports, you usually get a seat on the bus, since it is usually the first stop for the bus. Never stood up on a bus ride for the entire stay, also never waited over 15-minutes for a bus. Will stay at Sports on next trip to WDW.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank seabee47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!