“Its' great for a family on a budget”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #141 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Its' great for a family on a budget”
Reviewed November 22, 2004

I have no complaints. If People have problems with other guests, with children....maybe you need to reconsider going to Disney at all and spend the extra money so you can do the grown-up Disney vacation. I know Disney is for adults too, but give families a little grace. If you go there be prepared for CHILDREN. Now, that I have that out of the way. To make your expereince enjoyable at the All Star resort. Look at it through your children's eyes. We stayed in the area with the 101 Dalmations It was like being in a big cartoon. so, for kids and the kid at heart it was great!
There is a laundry facility near the "Ice rink" pool. We took the kids swimming, and every 30 minutes or so I quick popped into the laundry room and went home with clean clothes. Other Mothers did this as well, so you don't feel odd doing your laundry in your swim suit.
I definately recommend the souviner mug. We would take our coffee in the a.m. on the bus, and then had a cup to fill with water throughout the day at a drinking fountain. This way we were saving a little bit on drinks at the park. The girls at the time had sippy cups, and the hotel was fine with filling the cups with applke juice or water whenever we wished also. It was great too, because when we got back to the hotel after a long day at the park it was nice to get a coke before we went to our rooms.
The pool bar was nice too. We only had the opportunity to enjoy it once because we were too pooed to stay up. We stay at the park from opening to close. I know many people do not, but, we want to soak it all in....it's not like we'll be going back soon We're on a budget.
We left some things behind in the hotel, and it was overnighted to us...quick and sweet.
It's your basic hotel room two queen beds, a sink, fridge,tv,microwave and enclosed bathroom with a tub and shower...with cartoon theme.
If you are like my family and only go to Disney to enjoy the parks and are not in your room alot It is an AWESOME deal...it's like staying in a Holiday Inn. If you want a resort experience, then you will have to pay more nad stay at one of Disneys other expensive resorts. If you want resturants vs. cafeteria, large rooms vs. small rooms with Mickey mose all over them. I say spend your money on 1 really good meal/park...ok I know that is a strtch at Magic kingdom and an extra beer or two in Germany @ Epcot! (Notice all the stressed out dads in the line...it's hilarious! and if you went as a kid, you now know why you had to eat in Germany and not Italy or Mexico. Pops needed a beer) Who cares honestly where you sleep. All hotels have noise, we didn't notice that it was any different than any other average hotel.
Happy Vacation
P.S.
We didn't make our children eat in Germany we ate in Mexico, like we always wanted too as children!!! Money well spent.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hartsdale, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2004

Stayed here for 2 nites with some friends. We had just come from the Disney Old Key West resort but needed a few extra days.

As far as motels go, I need two things - working TV, and cleanliness. TV was okay... but the room was a mess. It didn't appear that the maid had cleaned the room or changed the sheets at all.

When we arrived on Tuesday nite (11/16) we were given a room in the Basketball Section, on the 3rd floor. I can't remember the room number. At any rate, when we turned down our beds we found crusted on food material on one of the inner sheets, and breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and a stray hair (GROSS) on the other bed. We called the front desk to have the maid change the sheets. Two showed up within a few minutes, but they were less than nice. Very grumpy. We asked if we could have extra towels since only 2 were hanging inside and she shot us a look and told us to check the back of the door or something. We ended up keeping the extra towels she brought as we now didn't trust that these towels were clean. There was candy/tic tacs all over the floor and more crumbs... and there was blackish brown shmutz in the sink. We were totally skeeved out. I'd never stay here again despite it being a bargain.

5 Thank gaerielsky
Reviewed November 19, 2004

First off, this was a wonderful hotel. I have no complaints about it at all. There were some obnoxious neighbors towards the end of my stay, however, that does not reflect the quality of the staff and the upkeep of the property itself.

I was on a finite budget and this was the property that was the appropriate choice.

The hotel is inexpensive and is definitely ideal for families. It is a fun atmosphere where one can laugh and play, have a great time and of course relax.

This property had a wonderfully huge pool, a game room that had air hockey (and who doesn't love air hockey). The food court was wonderfully CHEAP!! That is of course comparing the food cost to other places.

I recommend when getting there to purchase the 11.99 mug that gives you unlimited fountain drink refills at the hotel for your entire stay. Then you can share it with your family... :)

Right in front of the hotel is the complimentary bus service to all the parks. It is the easiest way to get around, and I don't recommend a car at Disney, unless you are with a family. Then it will probably be cheaper with a family to rent a car than to take the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The shuttle service I used was Mears Shuttle, and it cost $17.00 per person each way.

Hope this helps!!

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2004

I went to Disney World for my senior class trip and I was expecting a less-than-nice room. However, the All-Star Resort was amazing! I had the best time and it was a really convenient location to get to all the parks. And, it wasn't too expensive even for a high school senior! I will definitely be going back.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2004

Just returned from Disney and All Star Sports Resort in November, 2004. We paid less than $65.00 per night for 4 people. You can't beat it for staying on Disney! The rooms were clean (like an Econo Lodge or Motel 6 size), Food Court great with reasonable prices, terrific video arcade room, two spacious pools with watchful lifeguards, and delicious margaritas for adults!! Of course there are kids!! It is Disney, folks!

The Disney transportation is wonderful. For a budget minded family, or wealthy cheapskates, it is a great place to stay!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 5, 2004

We have stayed here twice in the last three years, most recently December 2003. We stayed here because we planned on spending no time in the room other than sleeping, and had no interest in a grand pool area. We also wanted to stay on Disney property, but we had a small budget. This property gives us everything we expected. The rooms are on the smaller side, but not to bad. The staff has always been nice to deal with. The main complaint I have is that the food court is highly overpriced, and not very good. We ate there once, and never again. I would recomend the McDonalds near the entrance of the property, instead of that food court. If you want to get some sleep, ask for a room away from the pool area. We have had a room facing the parking area both times, and have been happy. Keep in mind that a lot of families stay here because of the price. THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT OF KIDS RUNNING AROUND. Overall, other than the food court, I don't have any real complaints. I would stay here again, but I now can afford more, and probably will move to a deluxe property next time.

3 Thank LVSatman
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 5, 2004

If you are watching your spending this is a perfect motel to stay at. In fact all of the All-Star motels are.

Disney's one big mistake is calling this a resort. All that does is raise expectations. This is NO resort. It's an Inn. You get accomodations, a food court and unlimited transportation. But that is a lot more then you can say for most Inns of simialar price.

For example, I stayed at the Holiday Inn accross the street from Universal Studios May 28-31. I payed $99/night and the hotel was not as nice and provided LIMITED transportation to the parks. Limited meaning three times/day.

If you want to park your car and not drive again for a few days then this is your cheapest ticket. If you plan on spending most of the time in the parks then you cannot miss with a value "resort". If you are the type of person who will spend a lot of time at the hotel then just don't stay here.

Disney just had a special offering 8 Days addmission to all the parks and 7 nights at a value resort for $1050 for two people. For Disney you cannot beat that folks, you just can't. I have stayed at value resorts on four occassions and if I am watching my wallet I won't hesitate to do it again.

3 Thank Madborred
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!