I have no complaints. If People have problems with other guests, with children....maybe you need to reconsider going to Disney at all and spend the extra money so you can do the grown-up Disney vacation. I know Disney is for adults too, but give families a little grace. If you go there be prepared for CHILDREN. Now, that I have that out of the way. To make your expereince enjoyable at the All Star resort. Look at it through your children's eyes. We stayed in the area with the 101 Dalmations It was like being in a big cartoon. so, for kids and the kid at heart it was great!
There is a laundry facility near the "Ice rink" pool. We took the kids swimming, and every 30 minutes or so I quick popped into the laundry room and went home with clean clothes. Other Mothers did this as well, so you don't feel odd doing your laundry in your swim suit.
I definately recommend the souviner mug. We would take our coffee in the a.m. on the bus, and then had a cup to fill with water throughout the day at a drinking fountain. This way we were saving a little bit on drinks at the park. The girls at the time had sippy cups, and the hotel was fine with filling the cups with applke juice or water whenever we wished also. It was great too, because when we got back to the hotel after a long day at the park it was nice to get a coke before we went to our rooms.
The pool bar was nice too. We only had the opportunity to enjoy it once because we were too pooed to stay up. We stay at the park from opening to close. I know many people do not, but, we want to soak it all in....it's not like we'll be going back soon We're on a budget.
We left some things behind in the hotel, and it was overnighted to us...quick and sweet.
It's your basic hotel room two queen beds, a sink, fridge,tv,microwave and enclosed bathroom with a tub and shower...with cartoon theme.
If you are like my family and only go to Disney to enjoy the parks and are not in your room alot It is an AWESOME deal...it's like staying in a Holiday Inn. If you want a resort experience, then you will have to pay more nad stay at one of Disneys other expensive resorts. If you want resturants vs. cafeteria, large rooms vs. small rooms with Mickey mose all over them. I say spend your money on 1 really good meal/park...ok I know that is a strtch at Magic kingdom and an extra beer or two in Germany @ Epcot! (Notice all the stressed out dads in the line...it's hilarious! and if you went as a kid, you now know why you had to eat in Germany and not Italy or Mexico. Pops needed a beer) Who cares honestly where you sleep. All hotels have noise, we didn't notice that it was any different than any other average hotel.
We didn't make our children eat in Germany we ate in Mexico, like we always wanted too as children!!! Money well spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort