We stayed at Disney's All Star Sports a few days ago and it was a great value option. You get to stay on Disney property, which is great for several reasons - first of which is proximity, transportation, Magic Bands. There's a bus to every theme park, downtown Disney and the water parks.
The food court is pretty good at this resort, offering sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, full meals (chicken with sides), pizza, plus grab and go items like cut up fruit/whole fruit, carrots with dip, drinks, chips, cookies, etc. There's also a full bar. There is no sit down restaurant - all counter service.
The pools are fine, but nothing special (no slides or anything exciting). My kids had a blast splashing around!
Also, Disney's new magic band system is really cool! If you stay at a Disney resort, you can customize the magic band color ahead of time and set up fast passes, link your resort reservations to use the band as your room key, link your theme park tickets to your band, set up charging privileges on the band, etc. Being able to charge things (ie: food, snacks, items from the Disney stores, etc.) on your magic band and have the charges flow to your room bill is really cool. You can literally walk into the theme park with only your magic band and nothing else (no credit card, no cash, no theme park ticket, etc.). The magic band really makes purchasing much easier. There is a pin code that you set up so the band is like a debit card.
Now back to the room at All Star Sports: it was clean and just what we needed for 4 of us for a few nights. There's a good sized flat screen tv with multiple channels, a mini fridge, hooks on the wall to hang your wet swim suits, two queen beds, a coffee maker, table/chairs and bathroom with shower. The decorations are cute, nothing fancy.
We had a short walk to the main building that housed the food court, shop, arcade, near main pool and bus circle.
I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort