“Perfect value option”

Ranked #141 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Perfect value option”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Disney's All Star Sports a few days ago and it was a great value option. You get to stay on Disney property, which is great for several reasons - first of which is proximity, transportation, Magic Bands. There's a bus to every theme park, downtown Disney and the water parks.

The food court is pretty good at this resort, offering sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, full meals (chicken with sides), pizza, plus grab and go items like cut up fruit/whole fruit, carrots with dip, drinks, chips, cookies, etc. There's also a full bar. There is no sit down restaurant - all counter service.

The pools are fine, but nothing special (no slides or anything exciting). My kids had a blast splashing around!

Also, Disney's new magic band system is really cool! If you stay at a Disney resort, you can customize the magic band color ahead of time and set up fast passes, link your resort reservations to use the band as your room key, link your theme park tickets to your band, set up charging privileges on the band, etc. Being able to charge things (ie: food, snacks, items from the Disney stores, etc.) on your magic band and have the charges flow to your room bill is really cool. You can literally walk into the theme park with only your magic band and nothing else (no credit card, no cash, no theme park ticket, etc.). The magic band really makes purchasing much easier. There is a pin code that you set up so the band is like a debit card.

Now back to the room at All Star Sports: it was clean and just what we needed for 4 of us for a few nights. There's a good sized flat screen tv with multiple channels, a mini fridge, hooks on the wall to hang your wet swim suits, two queen beds, a coffee maker, table/chairs and bathroom with shower. The decorations are cute, nothing fancy.

We had a short walk to the main building that housed the food court, shop, arcade, near main pool and bus circle.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Contrary to what you would think, I wouldn't get near the main building because people walk by e...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank adqp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My favorite thing about the All-Star Sports resort was the decor. We stayed at the tennis court where they had giant tennis racquets and tennis balls. They also have a giant football field. It's really neat and kids would love it. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The price was very reasonable, too.

The two things I was dissatisfied about was that there is no hot tub in the resort. We went in October, so we would have liked a hot tub. Also, they were renovating the cafeteria, so they only had grab and go meals. I got a bagel and by the time I walked back to my room (It was raining), it was stale. I was disappointed that they couldn't provide a fresh bagel.

Other than that, the room was very comfortable and the stay was very nice.

Room Tip: I would choose one closer to the cafeteria, which is also closer to the pools. Either the football f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First of all, you need to understand that this is a "value" resort and is designed around families. It is filled with the always amazing Disney charm from the staffing to the decor. However, it's not going to compare to say the Disney Grand Floridian or Beach Club resorts. So, if you like the "pampering" or the "wispier quiet seclusion" don't book here. This is more along the lines of a Days Inn or Holiday Inn style but with charm and all the Disney benefits and I rated it just as that!

We stayed here for 3 days for my Son's 2nd birthday. Other than staying in off site moderate to luxury resorts, we have been previously staying in the Disney Moderate resorts. However, this was the only one themed the way my son liked for this special trip. For the value, decor and Disney amenities, this was the perfect resort for us. The magic bands and dining plans all work here to. Plus, he's a major sports fan so it all fit in. The rooms were comfortable (though sized like a typical motel/inn style) and as with all Disney rooms, came with a mini fridge.

The pool area was a lot of fun and the they have laundry facilities on site next to the pool. The decor is just really cool ... especially for little kids. When we checked in, the Disney Cast member checking us in gave both of my kids balloons and a flower for my wife which I thought was a nice touch.

The resort is located in the Animal Kingdom area so It's the furthest away from the Magic Kingdom. However, it is close to the Downtown Disney area and of course Animal Kingdom and only about 10 minute drive to the Magic Kingdom park. There is a McDonalds located right outside the entrance to the value resort area which was a big plus.

Overall, we were very happy with this choice. I would have no problems staying here again in the future especially during peak times when the other resorts have outrageous pricing. Oh, and with all Disney properties, parking at the 4 theme parks is always included! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Photoace
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The gentleman at check in was awesome. We had a couple of issues with our booking and he fixed everything. Great place to stay and very clean. Food was ok in the cafeteria. Eggs were very salty. The girl who booked our Universal Studios bus was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and were cleaned everyday.

Room Tip: We were in the basketball section at the back looking into the trees and it was very quiet there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marg K
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2014

First off I should note that I am a disney fanatic so some parts of this review may be a little over zealous. I stayed at this hotel over november of 2013 as part of a group trip, and I must admit I was a little scared to go to it at first. It would never have been my first choice had I been planning the trip myself as I had heard that it was very motel-ish and kind of sketchy for a disney property. That being said it was a group trip so I just had to suck it up and try and get excited. When I got to the hotel however I was blown away at the effort that was put into it for such a supposedly low class property.

First things first, I should note the benefits of staying at a disney property:

- you get those snazzy new armbands that can hold credit card info, room cards, park tickets, and fast passes for free ( if you don't know what I'm talking about google magic bands, and also I recommend making a disney account/downloading the app prior to the trip)

-free transport to disney (this can be a negative as you may have to wait a while for shuttles and you will almost for sure be crammed in there like cattle with some grandparents that want to share their life story with you on the 15min ride back/forth to disney)

- also you get that classic disney experience of ever smiling/sometimes dancing employees

Now onto the property itself: The property is nicely cleaned and well laid out. EVERYTHING is sport themed. The lobby is somewhat unimpressive and plain but its a lobby so what does it matter. The actual rooms are separate from the lobby (this is where the motel rumors come from) and are placed in a seemingly endless row of sports themed buildings with giant football fields and tennis courts separating the sections. Finding your room can be a pain and it is a hike (outside) from your room to the lobby, but not awful.

The rooms: The rooms are not huge, but since it is so cheap you always have the option of getting 2. Most of the rooms are double beds so you have to decide if that is acceptable for you but I must admit they seemed bigger than double size and comfortably slept 2 people each. The bathroom and decor is plain but the rooms are very well cleaned and have all the normal amenities of regular hotel rooms (did I mention you could order pizza for carry out/delivery from the onsite kitchen with a snazzy pizza button on the phone). The hotel has a nice pool though not huge and a cafeteria that serves food almost all day, though there were a few renovations going on while I was there but they were nearly complete then so you should defiantly be fine now. There is also a onsite gift shop for last minute gifts.

Overall, although not a 5-star resort, very good hotel and great value considering how much you get for a very cheap price.

FINALLY: It should be noted that all there of the all star resorts are mirror images of each other so you will get the same things at all 3 hotels, they even look the same!

Hope this helps, have a great vacation fellow trip advisors!!!

Room Tip: Try and ask for one close to the lobby, this resort goes on forever and it can be a long hike to you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Josh H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here with the kids and what a resort - it was fun, clean and great for the kids and adults alike. Not far from all activities that Orlando has to offer. Breakfast was good - only issue was the miserable staff serving the food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 0KrisC
Randolph, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Well usually I been going to the value resorts for the last 10 yrs and I been loving it and had no problems,but when I stayed with my neice and friend at the sports hotel,we found cockroach's,and than kids pooping in the pool all the time so it was closed,and than on top of that we had a bed bug problem and they just moved us down the hall,and I did call the claim place and they paid my money back for our trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Leah M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!