“great time at allsports”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #140 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
blue island, il
“great time at allsports”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

My family and just returned back from a four night stay and had a great time. The room was clean comfortable and in a quiet location. The all sport shares the bus with two other all star resorts and is the first stop to be picked up and dropped off which is really great. The pool is standard but good for a morning or afternoon swim away from the park. I read the review regarding the acracade but it was no big deal because of the package that we had we did not have time for that,so i recommend this hotel for the budget minded family who want to stay on the disney property.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — pool
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
selfridge1
Reviewed September 24, 2008

I was dissapointed that there was construction going on while we there that was to be completed earlier in the month. Our children were looking forward to the arcade which was closed for our entire visit. I also was no happy with the management when I had a question. I was told I should have known that already. I didn't expect to be blown off after we had spent over 2000.00 on our trip. But on a positive note the room was comfortable.

• Liked — The room was comfortable
  • Disliked — The construction
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Ok, so this review is a little late, as I am just now a TripAdvisor member, but I felt compelled to relay my experiences at the All Star Sports Resort from several years ago. Our stay was uneventful and fine for our first two days of a 10 day stay, but from Day 3 to Day 10 it was awful. We were on the ground floor by the football field somewhere around "midfield" and every night, any time between midnight and 2:30 AM a gang of younger men would actually start playing football on the field. To say they were loud would be an understatement. The first night I just cranked the A/C hoping the noise inside the room would drown them out. It didn't work. Nights two and three I had to call the front desk and moments later it would quiet down(they obviously sent someone out to tell them to knock it off), only to start back up again within minutes. Why there wasn't some sort of security dedicated to stopping such shenanigans was beyond me. It continued night after night and we complained night after night, but the best Disney could do for us was discount the room for us for 7 of our 9 nights.

I call that a very insignificant and inconsequential compromise. I love Disney, but when it comes to rest and relaxation, you need every second of it you can get because you're constantly on the move. It's a blast, but very tiring and the last thing you need is to have some knuckleheads keeping you awake at all hours of the night.

I hope Disney has corrected this problem, but given their lack of action back then, there's a good chance they're STILL letting people play on the football field in the we small hours of the morning. Be safe, DO NOT let them book you on the ground floor of the football field. If forced to go back, I'd stay in the Tennis wing, things are bound to be quiet there.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The NOISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Stayed July 2003, traveled with family
conneautville pa
Reviewed September 23, 2008

after a bad experience last year when we stayed at animal kingdom lodge at disney we decided to go back to the value resorts. boy am i glad we did, staff was friendly, helpfull and the rooms are just as nice. its sad when you get better service and it was thousands of dollars less. i would recommend any of the value resorts, they are well worth the money...

• Liked — clean
1 Thank pam28z
Ottawa
Reviewed September 8, 2008

My husband and I, our 14 year old daughter and 12 year old son stayed there for 7 nights and it was clean and comfortable. The service was excellent and the food and choices were good (we only ate there when we didn't have reservations elseshere). The pool was a little dirty but otherwise, the area was clean. The only thing that disappointed me was when we took a walk over to the All-Star Music Resort and saw that they had pool-side entertainment and animation with music. They had games, facilitators and an evening movie on a blow-up screen for the kids. The Sports Resort had nothing around the pool..not even music. I didn't notice there was a second pool until the 5th day we were there. We stayed in the Hoops building and the other pool is at the end of the football field...who knew??? The transportation was excellent and reliable. If you don't plan on spending alot of time in your room, this is perfect. I don't think I'd stay there again since the beds are all doubles and I had to sleep with my daughter all week; she wouldn't sleep with her brother of course.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small beds
emilylime1
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Disney's all star sports resort is ideal for families visiting disney world who want somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep and are not worried about luxuries. The rooms are basic but are clean and tidy and the staff were helpful. You will probably find that you spend very little time in the hotel as you visit the Disney Parks which are very close and easily accessed - we hired a car and had free parking in all of the disney parks - but there is a bus service available which a lot of people used. Advice - buy a refillable cup when you first arrive - if you're staying any more than a couple of days you will definately get your money's worth out of it.
Another positive was that the pool was open until late - 11pm when we were there so even after a day at Disney, there's still time for a quick dip in the pool.

1 Thank emilylime1
Maryland
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My son and I just returned from what I would have to call a perfect vacation. Staying at the All Star Sports Resort was fun. We enjoyed the pool and the food from the food court was quite good. The room was adequate for the two of us. I must say if there were more than two adults, the room would seem quite small. From check-in to check-out the customer service was superb. I look forward to another trip to Disney World next year, and will not hesitate to stay at this resort again.

• Liked — Reasonably priced
  • Disliked — Food quite costly; even with the dining plan
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!