“Good value”

Ranked #142 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Bloomingdale, NJ
“Good value”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the All Star Sports resort from July 7-11. The rooms are located in multiple separate buildings around the resort. We resided in the baseball themed part of the resort which has its own pool area. I thought the room was a good size, clean and comfortable.
The main area where the lobby, restaurant (cafeteria), bar, arcade and main pool was rather far and a bit of a hike to get to from where our room was located. This is also the area where the park buses depart from. We did not eat at the resort cafeteria as it was overpriced for the food they offered (junk food). There is a McDonalds nearby (just up the street - almost like it is part of the resort), so we ate breakfast there before embarking to the parks instead.
Note that Blizzard Beach water park and Animal Kingdom are the closest parks to this resort.

Also, if you like going for a swim or hanging out at the pool at 12:30-1:00 AM, you'll have lots of Brazilians to accompany you! If you don't - no worries, the rooms are well sound proofed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at all the All Star resorts except Sports. Since we had a few boys in the group we gave it a try.
The rooms are clean and updated. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the sign asking to take the towels from the room to be used for the pool as they did not have any in the pool area. We then had to call house keeping to bring us more towels.
Ok so the towel part was no big deal, but the next morning we walked to the dining area for breakfast to find out it was being remodeled. The temporary dining is now where the arcade used to be. They had very few things to choose from. Most of us had a bagle which was stale and tasted old. I also had a yogurt parfait and it was watery. One of the kids threw away his fruit because it was slimy and to top it all off everything was extremely expensive. If I had known the food was that awful I had driven to McDonalds. They also did not have enough tables and chairs for guests to sit. They actually stood on the side with their trays in hand waiting for others to get up so that they could sit down to have their awful breakfast.
We were told by someone that we could catch a shuttle to one of the other All Star resorts to have breakfast in their dining area, however I thought that was an inconvenience and shorten our time at the park.
I am all for the remodeling part and it's great they want to make it better, however they should be better prepared for their guests while doing so.

• Stayed August 2013
Long Island, NY
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On our tenth trip to DW we needed two rooms as the kids are getting bigger. Usually we stay at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach, although we have stayed at Polynesian and Animal Kingdom. I was nervous about a value resort, but I was so wrong. We totally loved All-Star Sports - the rooms, the themes (absolutely charming), the pool and other amenities - even the food court. You get Disney quality at a fraction of the cost. We're already planning the next trip but will certainly stay at an AllStar resort. Disney quality is Disney quality.

Room Tip: As for a room NOT on the main traffic area - face the parking loot or the woods, not the pool
2 Thank Traveler11553
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Myself, my husband and my 7 year old son stayed here for 1 night while passing through from the east coast to the west coast of Florida.
We did the on-line check in but of course you still have to wait in line to get your room key, so I don't see the advantage. Friendly staff of course, it Disney! Our room was exactly were I had requested it when I booked it on Disney's website. My son loved it! The room was great! Clean and had everything we could need!
We went to the dining area which was fine. The food was over priced for what they had, but again, it's Disney. The pool was very nice. They were having a scavenger hunt game for the kids which was great! They did not supply towels by the pool which I found to be not very good customer service. I waited at the front desk for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to help me and they were able to get me towels. Later, I noticed a small sign in the room stating to take the room towels to the pool. But, if we would have done that, then we would have had no towels for our showers.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very disappointed that the food court was under renovation, arcade closed, no working refrigerator in room, and the pool was closed our first two days. A manager told me that there was a safety issue with the refrigerators and that the entire WDW resorts were not able to use them which I did not believe. He was rude and said the renovations were on the website and I should have known about them. We did try to take the bus shuttle that was offered to the All Star Magic resort but it was a nightmare because the Magic resort and its employees were not prepared for the increased demand and their food court was crowded, not enough food, long lines, and dirty from extra traffic. I only paid $85.00 a night so I guess the old saying is true, "You get what you pay for."

1 Thank Coopandmyvacations
Llandudno
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This complex reminded me of a Butlin's type holiday park with rows of chalets. The rooms are small, clean and sufficient for what was required. Two good swimming pools with lifeguards on duty most of the time. The complex is well maintained and clean. A lot of young people on site and we experienced noise outside the room a couple of nights, but this was only for short periods.The food hall is currently closed and will be closed until December according to the Disney TV channel. There is therefore no hot food available at this complex but free transport is provided to take guests to the nearby Music or Movies Resorts but the food halls at these venues get extremely busy as they are not designed to accommodate the additional guests from the Sports Resort. Choice of food is very limited - o.k. if you like American junk food. There is a MacDonald within walking distance.The food hall closed whilst we were there and we had not been given any notification of this and the staff on duty were not forthcoming with much information.When we complained to a supervisor, she was quite arrogant and not very helpful. There is a small food hall available at the Sports complex but this has very limited seating and cold food only.Difficult to find an alternative place to eat if you don't have access to a car. Convenient location for the Disney Parks and we made use of the free transport, which we found very efficient. Worth purchasing a drinks mug for approximately $15 as this will give you free soft drinks and hot drinks for the duration of your stay.

3 Thank CymroLlandudno
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

my first visit had a great experience decided to come back ..this time it was very disappointing.. walk in bedroom strong smell of bleach ... welcome towel on bed with stains , tv was all smered like it was wiped down in a rush with a dirty rag refrigerator and telephone not working ...cant call front desk to complain still keep unpacking and then the TV armore al dusty and my son and I are allergic to dust and asthmatic well drove over to front desk and complained the girl at the front was very rude when I said to her in a nice way that the room was dirty and I was disappointed with all the appliance not working . said she will call housekeeping to clean in a very nasty tone of voice and didn't try to make me feel appreciated as a guest. well they didn't I had to personally to get someone to do. so I left the next day came back at 4 pm and room wasn't cleaned yet that's just unbelievable after I went to ask them to clean it the day before ... will not go back ever.

4 Thank Doris L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!