“very dissapointed”

Ranked #136 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
“very dissapointed”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

my first visit had a great experience decided to come back ..this time it was very disappointing.. walk in bedroom strong smell of bleach ... welcome towel on bed with stains , tv was all smered like it was wiped down in a rush with a dirty rag refrigerator and telephone not working ...cant call front desk to complain still keep unpacking and then the TV armore al dusty and my son and I are allergic to dust and asthmatic well drove over to front desk and complained the girl at the front was very rude when I said to her in a nice way that the room was dirty and I was disappointed with all the appliance not working . said she will call housekeeping to clean in a very nasty tone of voice and didn't try to make me feel appreciated as a guest. well they didn't I had to personally to get someone to do. so I left the next day came back at 4 pm and room wasn't cleaned yet that's just unbelievable after I went to ask them to clean it the day before ... will not go back ever.

4 Thank Doris L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not sure what you're looking for in spending $130 or more for a hotel, but this is perfect for young children. We spent an average $80 per night at the Disney All Star Resort, the Surf Resort is by far the best of the All Star Resorts, being closet to the main entrance.

The only negative - Food Court is under renovation, so the arcade was taken out in order to make room for a temporary food grab n go location. The rooms have been upgraded from the previous trip approx. five years ago and we requested the same Surf area themed location. I think the other sport theme buildings are a bit cheesy!

This is worth saving a few bucks!

1 Thank EMANUELE316
Durham
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We are at the all sport resort at the moment no food court for hot food they are refurbishing it have to go to either movies or music and it is bedlam so many people trying to get food it takes forever and they run out of food as well. The quick service eating plan is naff if you dont want to eat burgers pizza and very salty chips then there is not much for you to eat the only heathy option is ceaser salad and you can only eat so many of them we paid for this and i know find out it is being offered free The bedrooms are like sleeping in the public toilets as when your neighbours upstairs and next door flush it is so noisy I have yet to get a good nights sleep. We have asked to be moved and were told to pack only to find out that they say there are no rooms to be had anywhere in Disney and they will try again on Thursday after paying in excess of £11.000 for this trip for 3 adults and 2 children to say I am disappointed is an understatement

5 Thank Sandra252
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed August 7, 2013

1st timers-Dissapointed for sure! This All Stars Sports was the downfall of my trip with my son. Refridge did not work, pool closed 1/2 the time we were there, Arcade was not there ( I had a voucher for arcade) Food court closed 2 days before I left for remodel!!! All I got was a smile and sorry about that. The agency that I went thru were not notified of any of these changes. I will not stay at a Disney resort again...So many disappointed vacationers that came in Sunday and woke up to no Food Court! No hot breakfast...Everyone was talking, and no one knew ant of this was going to happen. Wonder if they got there booking numbers in for the hotel?

2 Thank mkclark67
Pace, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I knew this place was a little on the rowdy side because it is kid-friendly, but Disney has got to get this thing under control. You cannot expect to have happy guests when there are hundreds of insufficiently supervised 15 year olds with their sports teams cutting in lines, disrupting sleep, trashing rooms and misbehaving on the busses.

It took two days to get a do not disturb sign. The clean linens and towels are left outside for guests to rummage through. I called three times within a 24 period to ask for a cooler with rotting food left on the grass near our room to be disposed of. In general, trash pickup on the grounds was not a priority.

The smell of raw sewage near the pool was awful.

There are no luggage carts available near the rooms.

In the Food Court on multiple occasions, there were several employees standing around looking at the customers standing in line instead of serving food.

We cut our stay a day short and were comped one night for our troubles.

The only good thing to say was our room was clean and the refrigerator was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DH_on_the_Gulf_Coast
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This property can offer tremendous value for those looking to stay at a Disney Resort. It is a good option for familes with children who are sports fans. The lobby is fun with the front desk area made of lockers, etc.

However, I believe other value resorts, such as Pop Century, are nicer. If I was returning to a value resort, I would prefer Pop Century, for the same price point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alberta
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My hubby and I booked 16 day stay at Disney All Star Music originally through Expedia. It's considered a value resort for Disney but if you compared it to other resorts outside of Disney area it's on the more mid-price range. When we got there, it was the Memorial Day long weekend in May and they were booked solid. Fortunately they were able to get us a room over in All Star Sports. Unfortunately, they said that expedia made 2 reservations for us, one for 15 days, and another for 1 day which meant that we had to 'pretend checkout' on the second last day and 'pretend checkin' which took over 30 minutes, it was very inconvenient. There's free wifi, in room safe, and mini fridge which was perfect. And they have repainted the rooms since we were here last in 2011, which made it look much nicer than before. The beds seemed to be an improvement as well since 2011. Short walk to McDonalds and free parking at hotel plus all Disney parks and waterparks which was a major bonus for us. We rented a car for our entire trip because it saved so much time; the free shuttles at the hotel are great if you're saving money and not in a hurry, sometimes it took an hour wait to and from the hotel. We planned for Universal, Seaworld, a couple daytrips to a beach, Busch Gardens, outlets, etc. so we definitely needed a rental car. On one of the days we went to Typhoon Lagoon and I had lost my hotel key card there. When I went to the lobby to get a new one, it took at least 30 minutes because I had the issue with the double reservation so the concierge went back and forth from the computer to a manager and they were talking and looking at me for about 20 minutes which propelled me to ask 'Is there something wrong?' They said no but continued talking which was making me madder and madder by the minute. How long does it take to get a new key card? The hotel itself is great, good location, good room, love the perks and features but all the times I went to the concierge I had problems.
I never ate at the food court because we went to Walmart and bought fruit, yogurt, snacks to avoid the disney prices, which worked! And occasionally go to McD's and pick up breakfast before heading to a park.
The pool was nice, bustling with families. It was open until around 10 pm I think which was great.
We found 2 baby armadillos in the bushes one morning, and loved to look for them every morning, they're so odd looking but cute.
Showers were always hot and consistent, bed was comfy, much appreciate the A/C as well.
Overall, if the service at the lobby was good, I would have rated this hotel Excellent. The first time I came to this hotel in 2011 it was excellent. I would still recommend this hotel and I would give it another chance.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators