“Great Place to Sleep and Shower on Disney Property!”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #142 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Alpharetta, GA
“Great Place to Sleep and Shower on Disney Property!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our first stay in a Disney Value resort, and I chose it because our athletic son, age 11, has always been intrigued by the resort's website. We live in the Atlanta area and travel to Disney at least once a year, and have stayed at every moderate resort and several of the deluxe resorts on previous trips.

I had always been a bit skeptical of the values. However, since this was just a two night trip for us and we planned to spend most of our time in the parks I decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did! For the approximately $85.00 we paid per night, we found the room to be a great value and almost just as much fun as the moderate resorts (although I do love Riverside so much - my favorite moderate!). We stayed in the tennis-themed "Center Court" building and enjoyed our stay.

PROS:
Our 2nd floor room was in a quiet location, facing trees. I would not want to stay in a room by the noisy pool area in a value resort.

Room was clean, and set up very much like the moderate rooms. The big difference was the there were two double beds, not queens, and just one sink, not two sinks as are in most moderates.

The room did not seem that much smaller to me at all than the moderate rooms.

Room was spotlessly clean and mousekeeping was excellent.

There was lots of storage space in the room - plenty for a family of four with luggage - with hooks on the walls and shelves just like the moderate rooms.

The beds were comfortable enough - probably not as plush as the moderate and deluxe rooms, but they were fine on our 40-something backs.

The food court was great, and had very similar offerings as all the other Disney resorts.

We LOVED walking around not only our Sports resort, but the Movies and Music resorts, too. We had so much fun taking pictures of our kids in funny poses with all of the baseball Donald figures, Toy Story characters, etc.

We drive our own car to Disney and do not take Disney buses. I found the location of the All-Star Sports to be excellent access to World Drive to get to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. It was especially easy to drive back to All-Star Sports from the Magic Kingdom as it's located far away from the congested Downtown Disney area. Great location!

For a future trip, we will definitely consider a stay at a value resort!

Room Tip: If it's important to you to have a quiet room, request one that's away from the pool area.
4 Thank Mizzou93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My solo trip last year to this resort was definitely economy-style but I didn't suffer at all. None of the fears those of us who have only chosen Moderate and deluxe resorts at Disney World sometimes never materialized. There were no large youth groups running around and screaming etc. The service offered was great and my room was more than adequate!

The only suggestion I have is that same-day luggage storage open before 8:00 AM so that I could have left my daypack with the hotel rather than carry-it around on my last day in the parks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rewardgal
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is, strangely enough, my favourite Disney hotel! I love the atmosphere and the bus service to the parks is good. I like the themeing in the room, it's very Disney! Also, we tend to spend very little time in the room, so we'd rather spend our money on a longer trip and more spending money rather than a more expensive room. As in all Disney budget resorts there's a food court and a Disney shop, pools, lots of themeing and of course very nice and helpful cast members. It's a budget, but very Disney hotel, and it's a lot of fun!

Room Tip: For a quieter room, get one not too close to a pool. Obvious maybe, but Worth remembering. For less...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fantasmiss
Jackson, WI
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The actual room was nice. Very newly remodeled with a comfortable bed, clean sheets, clean bathroom. For the price this was great. There were daily kids activitied by the pool that our kids (9 and 10) loved. The food/drink price was high. The only negative thing was the fridge did not work and it was never fixed/replaced after several calls to maintenence. Take away the fridge problem and it would be 5 stars.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed on property at Disney several times. I always avoided value resorts until we planned a quick weekend getaway. The rooms are small but clean. The service and desk employees were very nice! The pool is ok, not much fun without a slide but adequate for cooling off. The busses were timely and always available when we needed them. If I want to escape for a weekend to cram in as much park time as possible and the rooms really don't matter then I'd stay here again. If you are looking for frills and luxury then look elsewhere. Overall this was a fine resort for a few days in the world!

• Stayed May 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This "resort" is a terrible place for what it charges. Apart from location, this hotel has nothing to offer. It is pretty old and rooms are as clean as any cheap motel (ok, a LITTLE cleaner ) . The air conditioning in the room would cool only 1 section of the room - 1 queen bed was fine whereas the other one barely got any air!! The rooms do not have a coffee machine. Seriously? Disney really thinks people won't go to its over priced restaurant for breakfast if they provide coffee in the room? The pool is ok but no jacuzzi? This is, probably , the 1st resort I have been to that has no jacuzzi. We were supposed to check out @ 11 and at 11:10 a rude attendant knocked to vacate the room immediately. This was after we called the front desk and told them we'd be checking out @ 11:30.Overall grade? A BIG F.

Room Tip: If a traveler is looking for a good room, he/she should look elsewhere.
1 Thank Ford E
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

For the Disney "economical" class of hotels All-Star Sports feels as if it should be in a higher class. The rate we had was great. The room was clean and comfortable.

As a suggestion, I wouldn't want to stay in a room facing the pool or play area. At night both were very active with kids and families. I wouldn't want to put up with the noise if trying to go to sleep early. Thankfully, the pool shuts downs at 11pm but still, it can be loud with the noise echoeing. Our room was away from both so it was quiet.

You can't beat being able to park and take the shuttles into a park or another area of Disney. Makes things alot easier.

I've stayed at All-Star Music. Just need to stay at All-Star Movies...looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Away from pools and the small filed between the "Touchdown" wing.
2 Thank lexus873
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!