This was our first stay in a Disney Value resort, and I chose it because our athletic son, age 11, has always been intrigued by the resort's website. We live in the Atlanta area and travel to Disney at least once a year, and have stayed at every moderate resort and several of the deluxe resorts on previous trips.
I had always been a bit skeptical of the values. However, since this was just a two night trip for us and we planned to spend most of our time in the parks I decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did! For the approximately $85.00 we paid per night, we found the room to be a great value and almost just as much fun as the moderate resorts (although I do love Riverside so much - my favorite moderate!). We stayed in the tennis-themed "Center Court" building and enjoyed our stay.
Our 2nd floor room was in a quiet location, facing trees. I would not want to stay in a room by the noisy pool area in a value resort.
Room was clean, and set up very much like the moderate rooms. The big difference was the there were two double beds, not queens, and just one sink, not two sinks as are in most moderates.
The room did not seem that much smaller to me at all than the moderate rooms.
Room was spotlessly clean and mousekeeping was excellent.
There was lots of storage space in the room - plenty for a family of four with luggage - with hooks on the walls and shelves just like the moderate rooms.
The beds were comfortable enough - probably not as plush as the moderate and deluxe rooms, but they were fine on our 40-something backs.
The food court was great, and had very similar offerings as all the other Disney resorts.
We LOVED walking around not only our Sports resort, but the Movies and Music resorts, too. We had so much fun taking pictures of our kids in funny poses with all of the baseball Donald figures, Toy Story characters, etc.
We drive our own car to Disney and do not take Disney buses. I found the location of the All-Star Sports to be excellent access to World Drive to get to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. It was especially easy to drive back to All-Star Sports from the Magic Kingdom as it's located far away from the congested Downtown Disney area. Great location!
For a future trip, we will definitely consider a stay at a value resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort