I can't go less than a 4 out of 5 rating even though I will never stay there again because it still meets all of my requirements for a repeat stay. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and knowledgable. All the questions they answered were right and the situations they helped us with were solved. Our room was clean and bright. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The shower had good pressure, the drains were good and the water tempature was uniform. There was a refriderator that kept things cold and a nice 32" flatscreen. Even the lamps all worked (and that never happens in hotels outside Disney). There were plenty of outlets and the internet was strong and fast. One really ingenious aspect was the curtain that seperated the sink area from the sleeping area. This made it easy for the first person up to start getting ready with the light on while not bothering those still sleeping. The food court had everything imaginable to eat from burgers and pizza to wraps and spaghetti. Fresh fruit, salads, rolls and pastries, eggs, hot cereal, pancakes, waffles ect and the prices were reasonable and there were plenty of tables and chairs considering what I'm about to say next....
The reason we will never stay there again was because this resort happens to be where they house all of the teams that come to compete at ESPN. We were there May 4-6th and the resort was overrun with cheerleading teams. Many of these girls were loud and obnoxious. Many were rude and pushy. They cut in line and pushed their way to the drink machines. At mealtime it took 30 minutes or more to get a simple burger and drink. Around the pool area they were loud and obnoxious and so were their parents. On the bus it was the same. They took all the seats and we saw many older people and young children having to stand.
Again, to be fair, the resort itself and it's staff is very Disney quality, but some of the people who stay at this lower priced resort are not. We usually stay at Old Key West and we will go back there next time. If you need to stay there because of the attractive pricing, ask if there will be any AAU or teen groups staying there before you make your reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort