“Very nice, but other properties at WDW are better”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #132 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I can't go less than a 4 out of 5 rating even though I will never stay there again because it still meets all of my requirements for a repeat stay. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and knowledgable. All the questions they answered were right and the situations they helped us with were solved. Our room was clean and bright. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The shower had good pressure, the drains were good and the water tempature was uniform. There was a refriderator that kept things cold and a nice 32" flatscreen. Even the lamps all worked (and that never happens in hotels outside Disney). There were plenty of outlets and the internet was strong and fast. One really ingenious aspect was the curtain that seperated the sink area from the sleeping area. This made it easy for the first person up to start getting ready with the light on while not bothering those still sleeping. The food court had everything imaginable to eat from burgers and pizza to wraps and spaghetti. Fresh fruit, salads, rolls and pastries, eggs, hot cereal, pancakes, waffles ect and the prices were reasonable and there were plenty of tables and chairs considering what I'm about to say next....
The reason we will never stay there again was because this resort happens to be where they house all of the teams that come to compete at ESPN. We were there May 4-6th and the resort was overrun with cheerleading teams. Many of these girls were loud and obnoxious. Many were rude and pushy. They cut in line and pushed their way to the drink machines. At mealtime it took 30 minutes or more to get a simple burger and drink. Around the pool area they were loud and obnoxious and so were their parents. On the bus it was the same. They took all the seats and we saw many older people and young children having to stand.
Again, to be fair, the resort itself and it's staff is very Disney quality, but some of the people who stay at this lower priced resort are not. We usually stay at Old Key West and we will go back there next time. If you need to stay there because of the attractive pricing, ask if there will be any AAU or teen groups staying there before you make your reservation.

1  Thank pamlvt

Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I go to Orlando, I like to stay at a Disney Resort. And if I'm on budget, the All-Star Resorts are the way to go. The rooms are spacious with all the basic amenities. The food court and swimming pool are always busy spots and the free transportation to the parks and the Disney customer service make a big difference

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexCaldana
Reviewed May 8, 2013

For a budget friendly trip to Disney (which is totally possible) this hotel is acceptable. However, it is definitely not going to leave you with any fond memories with regards to the room itself.

The room is sparse but clean, small but tidy. The cleaning service is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your room the best for your stay.

However, I believe the decor needs to be fixed. The room boasts only one window, with heavy shades which leaves the room very dark--even when the shades are open. The lighting is sparse and not very helpful--it takes a long time for your eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room (even with all lights lit.)

The darkness and decor leaves you feeling as though you are staying in a boys locker room--which fits the Sports Theme, but is not what I'd call enjoyable, especially for Disney.

Even though this is a low-budget hotel, I believe the resort could have done a lot more with regards to decor and lighting, to make the feel more of a 'Sports Spa' instead of a locker room.

I literally imagined I could smell the damp socks (even though the room actually smelled fine...)

Honestly, if it wasn't for the excellent maid-service, I'd expect to pay $50-$75 per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My son and I stayed at All Star Sports this past weekend. We went to Disney to run the Expedition Everest Challenge! We've been to Disney many times. We usually stay at a moderate resort. To save money, we booked the value resort. I was pleasantly surprised when I asked for a "preferred" room, that there was one available and they gave it to me with NO CHARGE!!! The preferred room, is the exact same room as all the other rooms, however, is closer to the main lobby & closer to the bus stop!
THere was some sort of cheerleading competition in town this weekend. THe whole resort was crowded with teenage girls who were constantly practicing their cheer routines! That didn't bother me. I did NOT like how many kids there were that were not supervised at the resort and running up/down the halls at all hours of the night!!! Our room was right by the staircase and you could hear everyone going up/down!
It IS a value resort - you get what you pay for. It's about the size of a Motel 6. But, it is clean and the beds are comfortable!

Room Tip: Either ask for a preferred room, or pay the extra $25 a day to get a preferred room! It is DEFINITE...
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last year my family stayed at the all sports, it's not the ritz but had everything we needed at affordable prices, good selection from the food court, from junk food to healthy, the rooms are smallish but clean and all you need, the pool was clean and the staff was great couldn't do enough to help, the free bus service to disneyworld and the theme parks was great, being disabled it was no problem taking my motorised scooter on the buses, this year I'm going to try out Centuary pop hotel, which seems much the same layout, but will see and review later, would I go back to the all stars yes I would, no problem.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor over looking the pool I enjoy watching people, but the back is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at Pop Century or Shades Of Green but for a quick get a way we stayed here. The price was great. It was very quiet and the staff was excellent. Very clean and we experienced a restful stay

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Scott A
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is the farthest away from the Magic Kingdom so expect a lot of bus riding. Overall the hotel was nice and clean and the staff for friendly. Maybe to friendly. There is a Mac Donald's within walking distance if you feel like a break from the Disney food. All in all I would recommend that if you are planning on do a lot of parks stay in a hotel that has a monorail stop in the hotel. It is the closest to the ESPN center.akocinski

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!