This was my first time staying in a resort of any kind... Overall I was pleased. For the most part the pictures that are shown online are quite comparable to the actual room. The check-in was pretty good since I was able to check-in at 9:30am although normal check in is at 3:00pm. The printer was having difficulty printing out room key cards, but Iwe were given temporary cards which was sufficient.
I did have some pet peeves. On the website it indicated that there are refrigerators in the room... The one in my room was barely cool. My husband found the swtich on the back of it and turned it all the way up, which was mediocre. I called the front desk and a "maintenance" personnel came to the room and notified us that it was a "cooler", therefore it is working sufficiently.
I loved the fact that there were shuttles to just about wherever you wanted to go which was very convenient. However, on the return from one of the parks the driver did not have the AC on the entire ride (86 degree weather) for whatever reason. Only because I was sitting in the rear of the bus with my 2 small children I did not approach the driver. That was torture! My other issue included being notified of the incorrect bus stop to take the bus from Hollywood Studios back to the resort by the bus driver; customer service was no help. Supposedly I was transferred to the transportation department, however to the wrong department (taxi). Needless to say, after walking around my husband and I were able to find the bus stop. At the end of the day at the park, the last thing you want to do is try to locate your bus stop when there are several options, Ugh!
Other than those issues the overall resort met our needs and provided the services that it indicated. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort