We went Labor Day weekend, we usually go this time of year due to the lack of crowds and it is just as hot on the upper East coast as it is down in Florida and it is cheaper. This year we tried All Star Sports, check in was a breeze, our room was a "country mile" away from the lobby but not really a big deal however the main (LARGE) pool right outside the food area was all boarded up for rennovations---that means there was one small pool open...there were at least 10 different sporting/band competitions going on at the ESPN center so everyone stayed at All Star Sports too---UGH---it was like spring break, girls gone wild and animal house all at once every night until after midnight and at certain times they were all in one tiny pool....needless to say the language and behavior was pretty bad for the little ones in the pool, then the rough house nonsense started because all the life guards are gone but you can still "swim at your own risk" and that was no joke! Our kids are 10 and we were like OUT OF THE POOL---you had teenagers, probably jr's and sr's in high school, all getting back from their events all day splashing and then wrestling it was just ridiculous. We enjoyed the pool for about 3 hours one day and then for an hour that one night all that happened. Sadly we avoided the pool like the plague because there was no supervision AT ALL!
How can a place close down their biggest pool during the hottest time of the season while 500-600 students on top of the vacationers are all going to be there. I took a chance on this place just to try something different and lost that gamble. Other than that the room was nice, food court was always good and the place, in general, was kept clean. Whatever you do, if you are going to book this hotel and have small to pre-teens call ESPN center first to see if there are any national or local competitions going on to make sure you aren't bombarded by loads of teenagers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort