“Great for the budget minded”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #144 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
central ohio
“Great for the budget minded”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The All star resorts offer all you need for an inexpensive Disney vacation. Rooms are very clean and well kept. The grounds are manicured as well as the pricier Disney hotel properties. The only negative, and this is very minor, is it would be nice if the budget hotels didn't have to share the same buses. When we've stayed at the moderate and the deluxe Disney hotels, each hotel had its own buses. Still as I said that was minor. Highly recommend these especially if you spend most of your time at the disney parks and just need a place to sleep at night. Good food court also!

2 Thank Jenny S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Bedspread smelled like body odor when first walked in room. Don't think they get washed like bed sheets. Room also needs a microwave and closet. Too small of rooms to be overpriced. Just cause Disney resort doesn't mean you can get away with cheapness.

• Stayed July 2012
denver
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

There is so much to do around this hotel. My kids lived the arcade, better prizes than your typical arcade fare. Everything is convienent to the parks and I cannot say enough about how important the Magical Express free airport service is!

• Stayed October 2012
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Over the years, I have stayed in the Kissimmee/Orlando area numerous, numerous times. I have come for kid's tournaments and family vacations and even on business once. I have stayed at various Disney properties and many non-Disney properties as well; I have even rented twice at a 3 bedroom apartment resort for families. I believe I have a bit of a feel for what can be expected at what price.
That being said, I was never as disappointed in a Disney property as I was with this stay. I recognize that this is Disney's least expensive hotel and, as such, of course I don't have an expectation of luxury. However, I have stayed at this exact place about 6 years ago and the change was noticeable.
Although check-in service was fine, the problems began in the room. Very tired looking bedspreads. The TV did not turn on at all. My husband is very good at fixing this kind of thing and checked everything possible, to no avail. We had arrived a bit late and opted not to have a technician come fix it at that time. However, who has a TV that doesn't work, even though it is plugged in, etc? And it was annoying to call the front desk and complain about the TV and have the young woman keep repeating after every sentence for me to have a 'magical day'; it is a sweet thing to hear but not when you feel you aren't being listened to.The bed was completely sagging in the center (see picture, even though it isn't great shot) and I spent the night trying not to crash with my hubby in the middle. The beds creaked like crazy when you moved. The boxspring was completely 'squished' and you could see that it was original to when the hotel was made. Other than the fact that it was clean, it felt "broken" and miserable, really. For the $100 a night I paid, I could do better. Maybe I just got the worst room in the whole place, I don't know.
Yes of course it is nice that there are Disney themes everywhere on the property. Yes the grounds were perfectly fine. The room? Depressing and agitating.
Next time, either I stay one level higher at Disney's Coronado Springs or something like that, or I stay somewhere else. Never again here.

2 Thank kdmia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a lovely time, check in was fast, rooms of decent size, clean and fridge available free of charge.
Nice pools, laundry and laundry service. Food court was a little over priced so I'd recommend he dining plan.
My sons loved the sports theme, fantastic I would say!
My only negative would be that the hotel replaces the bedside cabinets after my little boy fell and cut his head open, needing stitches. The hotel was helpful in calling am ambulance etc. accidents happen but maybe rounded edges on room furniture is better. Overall I would recommend the hotel to everyone who is looking for value. We will definatley go back! But remove the bedside cabinet next time!

• Stayed October 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 30, 2012

When booking your trip here, please keep in mind that you are at a value resort and one of the cheapest hotels on Disney property. You get what you pay for, and for that matter you get a lot for the money. As parents of a 2 and 3 year old, it was perfect. If we didn't have children we would NEVER stay here. The rooms are simple and clean. The house keeping staff does a nice job. The pools and the grounds are great. My kids and many others had a great time running around and "playing" football on the psuedo football field. The staff are friendly, pleasant, happy and always seem very happy to help you. The transportation to and from the airport and parks run like clockwork. Over all it is a very well run and clean establishment and we would stay again. Now for the not so great stuff. My brother had a surprise package delivered to our room that was suppose to be there upon our arrival, It arrived a day late. Our first night there at 330 in the morning the door to our hotel room opened with another family there trying to check in. Then the phone to our room rang 10 minutes later with nobody there. It was a bit unsetteling to say the least. Apparently the computers crashed over night which bumped us to another room, causing us to have to go switch our keys in the morning. The hotel compensated up ut knoching $100 off and gving us some merchandise. We had a suitcase delivered to our hotel that arrived on site at 10am per the tracking number. The hotel said it would be to our room within two hours of its arrival. It arrived over three hours later. The food is cafeteria style and is of moderate quality, however it is perfect for kids. The system for getting your food is very slow and could be improved upon. I recommend buying the food plan, you get a lot for the money. The cafeteria style seating was absolutely perfect and comfortable for us and our wild 2 and 3 year old boys. It was clean and comfortable and there is staff everywhere. I have stayed at better places but would go back because it was very comfortable for little kids who are still learning table manners!

2 Thank melissa m
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm going to be direct: don't waste your money at the higher priced Disney resort hotels. We've stayed in resort hotels from every price tier, and I can attest to this one delivering quality of service that is far more inline with what you pay than the others.

The food court has the best variety that I've seen in any of the Disney resort hotel food courts (the worst being Saratoga Springs, and the nonexistent being Beach Club!). Plenty of fresh and non-deep fried options (for folks who don't eat meat, they have some good seafood options, like the tilapia sandwich under the kids picks - grownups can order from the kids picks without issues).

Rooms are standard for Disney, though the bathroom was a bit small. To be honest, who cares about the size of the bathroom? You're there to enjoy the Disney parks, and not the bathroom in your hotel room.

Bus service to and from the parks is superior to some of the moderate and and deluxe resorts (including villas). There is only one bus stop for the whole resort, which means that your bus goes directly to the park, and directly back to the resort. Stay in a building close to Stadium Hall, and the walk to the bus stop is not an issue.

Shopping is nice at Sports Goofy, in Stadium Hall, with a good selection of items, including beverages, snacks, first aid, as well as the compulsory Disney park merchandise.

This is a value resort, which means there are no spa offerings, nor fancy restaurant/character dining. Even if you desire these services, don't let this deter you from choosing this resort hotel. The magic of Disney is that you can go to the other resort hotels for these things, even if you are not staying there (trust me, not everyone stays at the Grand Floridian, yet many enjoy the character dining and spa).

Do your bank account a favor, and stay here. The money that you save can be spent in the parks on more important things (like Vinylmations and pins! Haha).

Room Tip: Go for a "prefered room." This gets you closer to transportation, which is a must, since t...