When we arrived everything seemed fine. Checkin didn't take very long and they provided us with several maps and brochures. I requested a portable crib and they said it would be in my room in 20 minutes. We piled back into the van and headed to the back of the resort to our room. While we were carrying our things from the car to our room my husband slipped on the wet smooth cement in front of our room and busted his elbow open. We went to the lobby thinking that they would have a first-aid kit and would be willing to help. WE WERE WRONG. The managers were extremely unhelpful. I had to wait inline forever while my husband was bleeding in their lobby. I finally got a managers attention but he had to run off and get some kids balloons, soccer key chains and some small mickey dolls because he heard they didn't get to see mickey today and it was their birthday. I sat there ease dropping on the entire conversation which must of taken five minutes meanwhile my husband is bleeding all over the floor. SERIOUSLY!!!! I have no idea why getting mickey dolls is more important the bloody man in the lobby. After he gives them their toys he brings us a first aid kit. He pulls out some gauze and walks away. We tried to dress the wound with the gauze but didn't have any tape so I had to flag down another manager and ask for some tape. He said he didn't have any medical tape in the first aid kit. I asked him for the address to the hospital so my husband could get stitches. He handed be a pamphlet with a map on it and said I hope you feel better. I was shocked. The man hurt himself on "THEIR" property you would think they would care that he was literally walking around leaving a trail of blood. He ended up with nine stitches in his elbow. When we finally returned to our room we realized the refrigerator didn't work and the crib still wasn't delivered. I called about the refrigerator 3 times explaining that I already had milk in my room that needed to be refrigerated very soon. Finally a girl came and fix the refrigerator. We checked in around 3pm and the refrigerator was fixed around 8pm. The crib was an even more extreme situation. I called 4 times and finally went down to the lobby around 10:30 to complain that I still didn't have a crib yet. My son finally got a crib at 11pm. AGAIN SERIOUSLY!!!!
To put it simply we did NOT have a "magical time. We will never stay there again. If you value ANY form of customer service be warned you will not find it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in the game at this Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don't be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty decor starring some of your favorite Disney characters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's All-Star Sports Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s All-Star Sports Hotel Orlando
- All Star Sports Resort
- Disneys All Star Sports Resort
- Disney All Star Sports Resort