“Poor Housekeeping”

Ranked #139 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
jamestown, ky
“Poor Housekeeping”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Will NOT return to All-Star Sports Resort. We stayed at the Pop Century a few years back and were very happy.

After returning from our First day in the park - I noticed that the room did not seem to be cleaned very well. Bed made and new towels - but that was about all! No tidying up, No Vacuumming of the floor - didn't even pick up the candy wrapper my son left on the floor or the Cake crumbs on the table.

If that was the worst of it - We would have been happy!

My son pulled from under the bed - a Half drank bottle of Gatorade and told us there was a bunch of spilled peanuts as well! They weren't our - They had to have been there from previous guests.

Shortly after that, leaving the room - my 3 year old grand-daughter stepped off the elevator and slipped in a big puddle of vomit. Had been there a while as it was already crusty. Went back to the room, called the front desk and spoke to a manager - told her about the vomit AND the peanuts under the bed. She said she would make sure housekeeping would take care of it.

45 minutes later - the vomit was still there.
Next day after all day at the park --- Peanuts still there.
I went down and spoke w/ Manager at Front Desk. She assured me that it would be taken care of whiie we were out to dinner that night.
Home - STILL THERE.
I went down first thing in the morning and spoke to another "Manager".
Again, assured me that it would be taken care of while we were at the park.
SURPRISE - got home and mess still there!!!!
The Housekeeping Manager even came into look with us -
My wife asked her to look under the bed.

"OH, I didn't see that before" AS in --- I NEVER LOOKED under the bed.

OK - were the peanuts that big of a deal???
Maybe not - but the thought that they had not cleaned under the bed and 3 complaints about it and NO ONE even bothered to LOOK under the bed!!!

To be fair - they did credit us 2 nights off our stay.

Room Tip: Request in ADVANCE for rooms near front of hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank snodaze7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Fall River
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Last year, My dad and I went to Disney World with my sister for a fun family trip. We stayed at this resort and LOVED it. The food here was great and the service was amazing! We swam in the pool and it felt so good. I didn't like it though when the front desk lady said that our room was clean. Well, we walked in to find a mess in the room. I was very sad. We called the front desk and they said the room was supposed to be clean. They were wrong. So they treated us to a nice 30 min room service cleaning and when we walked in the room, My sisters mouth dropped. This is a hotel i would serously recommend!

Room Tip: Call before your vacation and ask for the room yot
  • Stayed May 2010
1 Thank disworldfan
MA
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Okay, I am not sure why this is called a "Resort." Basically it is a concrete block structure dressed up with sports decor and advertising. The stairwells are encased in giant sculptures that include a Spaulding Tennis container and large coke cups complete with straw. The rooms were small, minimalist and cheaply furnished. I stayed in a double room with one other adult, it was too small for any more people. The bathroom was so tiny that it was hard to get dressed without bruising a knee or elbow. No coffee pots and small thin towels. The place was mostly clean, but some of the rooms had an unpleasant odor. When we arrive at night, we reported that an outside light was burned out by a couple of our rooms. It took two days and two complaints to get the lightbulb replaced. There was always along wait at the front desk.
This is a popular place for large school groups and it was crowded. The food court, cafeteria, was mobbed in the morning and there was not enough tables or chairs.
The pool is not staffed at all hours and when there is staff they do little. We had some students being harassed and they complained to the lifeguard who did nothing.
While on the Disney property, all this means is that there is Disney transport to the various theme parks. It is a 20 minute bus ride to some parks, followed by a monorail trip and at the end of the night it is standing room only on the buses. It felt like rush hour in the city, not a vacation. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2011

You walk in and see towels folded origami style into various Disney things, and the rooms are not delux but you have nice clean rooms with what you need. There are 2 pools and a laundry facility and 2 locker rooms to use after the pool, a food court and gift shop and when we were leaving we saw they actually had some one steam cleaning carpets between guests! We were able to book trough AAA and got an excellent deal 4 days & nights for around 500$ a person and kids stayed and played free! this included 4 days of Disney park tickets. We had a lovely time, long days, time to unwind in the pool, then a restful night, we LOVED IT!
You also get free transportation to and from the parks, or can drive and park free with your parking permit. This is a time and money saver.
We only had to deal with 2 crowded busses while we were there and that involved a large group of students.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank auntieclimactik
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed at All-Star for the VEX Robotics World Championship. The rooms were small and old (but clean). Our rooms were a huge distance from the lobby and main pool area in building 8 at the end. The maid service was marginal and after the first day provided us with no cups. The food options in the hotel are typical fast food with very little variety. There was no refrigerator in the room as advertised (they charged 9.99 per day) and internet access was 10.99 per day and slow. Getting our 3 50lb. robot boxes from our rooms to the lobby required the use of the large trundler. They took the one I reserved with my photo ID from our room the night before we left (at 3 a.m.) but promised I could call and get one early that morning. When I called, they said they couldn't bring it and I would have to go the 1/2 mile to get it, run it back and then go again. I was furious. I will NEVER stay in Disney accommodation again!!

Room Tip: Get building 1-4 if you are forced to stay here.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fredfred8
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2011

before i begin to write this review i would like to point out.
i have been to disneyworld 16 times and have been taking my daughter since she was 3. She is now 17 and we still return to all star resorts. We have stopped at all 3 of the all stars and the sports is the best every time, and heres why,

whether you a young child or a teenager the bright over sized blocks make anyone feel like the part of something special. Its a place your happy to call home! the rooms have never disappointed us, and her always clean when we return from the parks. When you don't feel like spending all day at the parks, this hotel, unlike the music, is relaxing and you can sit back and chill out whilst your room is being cleaned. and too be honest, you spend all that money on the holiday, WHY spend all your time in the room?! One thing i would recommend is letting the staff at check in know you don't want a room pool side as it can get noisy at night since the pool is open till late.

the hotel unlike the music and movies is small, so you wont have to walk very far to get to the food court and other amenities no matter what block your staying in, The bus services is fantastic and since the sports is the first stop you can always get a seat in the mornings and first dropped off at night from the theme parks. There organised queues not just a free for all like the port orleans resort ( we stopped there once before)

food choices are very basic but you are never stuck to find something from frozen to cooked meals, from burgers to turkey dinners and ice cream, the re-fillable mugs on also on purchase. If you require a mini fridge to store drinks and snacks to save walking to the food court, just ask when you check in. The pool area is always clean, the main pool is huge and the pool by the home run block is a good size.

If your going to all star resorts i would recommend you check the date before you go, as when it is spring break or there is an event on at 'Disneys wide world of sports" they tend to put them in the sports hotel, and it can get noisy, and the food court can get crammed as can the bus queues, it is not pleasant when you pay that much for a holiday.

other than that as a reasonable priced family hotel you will always have a good time at the sports. its part of our magical holiday, make it part of yours too!!

Room Tip: Close to all themeparks,
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank disneyGEEK123
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I stayed at the All-Star Sports location because the rest of my traveling party chose the location...and I regreted not paying more for a "moderate" value location. Having driven 1200+ miles and staying at Holiday Inn Express' on the way down, I was extremely disappointed at the motel-quality room of the "value" resorts that Disney had to offer! They advertise that there's internet...which there is, but it costs $10/day! So does the little refrigerator...which only held about 6 bottles of water (a "college" fridge is 3 times larger!). The entrance to the room was directly connnected to a balcony on the outside of the building...similar to an Econolodge or Motel 6! To be quite honest, the Holiday Inn Express that I stayed in the night before was 10 times more enjoyable, more affordable, and more "welcoming" after 1200 miles of driving! The next time that I go to Disney, I'll spring for the "moderate" resorts to get "normal" ammenities...like I mentioned, the Holiday Inn Express (which I am a fan of) was a luxury resort compared to the All-Star Resort!

Room Tip: Pay more for the
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!