“The Giddyup”

Dandelion Communitea Cafe
Ranked #219 of 3,791 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Organic, vegetarian fare in a friendly, welcoming environment.
Seattle, Washington
“The Giddyup”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My last Sunday in Orlando my friends took me to this quaint and intimate lil place. I got the giddyup: amazing tempeh chili and vegan cheese. Everything on the menu looked so appetizing - with the only regret being that I hadn't found this place earlier in my trip - so I could try more dishes. Next time I'm in Orlando, dear Dandelion...I will definitely giddy my way up to your communitea cafe!

Besides the food I loved the little signs in front - I attached a pic. My favorite quote being "Not all who wander are lost!" Spoken from my own soul!

• Visited May 2014

“Great little Hippie Place”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I am by no means a vegetarian and I absolutely loved their burrito with goddess sauce! Yum! I want to go back soon! What a hidden gem in Orlando!

“Great for Vegetarians but maybe your non-vege friends won't agree.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I really like Dandelion. I get the buffalo tempeh and always enjoy it. It is slightly higher priced than I think it should be, but it's good quality food and good service so that doesn't bother me too much. The iced teas are great as are the desserts. It's a neat hip atmosphere too. My only complaint is that my non vegetarian friends don't really want to go. They seem to like it, but not love it like I do. If I want vegetarian food that my non-vege friends like, I go to Ethos in Winter Park.

• Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Would give it SIX STARS if I could! Maybe 10”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Where does one begin. Since it is a restaurant, lets start there, with the food. FANTASTIC! Went with a friend who is not a vegetarian but she was (also) raving about the food. There is a huge variety, at least for a vegetarian who is used to having very few choices when eating out. The food is fresh fresh fresh, healthy, delicious and servings are very generous. The staff is kind and lovely, warm and welcoming and very helpful. The ambiance is adorable, small and intimate but very comfortable. I could leave my phone number here and you could call so I could rave extemporaneously about this wonderful concept and restaurant. Sadly, it is about a 2 hour round trip for me but I will drive it again and again. If you are thinking to yourself, how could a vegetarian meal be something to rave about? All I can say is go there and find out for yourself. If I lived there, I would be getting my food there many times a week (they do a terrific take-out menu and encourage it too). And let me say a word about the dessert we had. Beyond and above delish! Would I drive for 4 hours to get a meal there? You betcha. And, as I said, I will be making the 2+ hour round trip again and soon. Go there and enjoy a fabulous meal, fun ambiance and walk out feeling joyously stuffed and yet healthier than when you walked in.

Visited April 2014
Orlando, FL
“My Favorite Place to Eat Lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is my go-to place for lunch in downtown Orlando. I absolutely love Dandelion. They have vegetarian food that actually fills you up - and that all sorts of people can eat. I have had many of the dishes but my favorite is the Giddyup wrap (with spring mix, dairy cheese, and goddess dressing). I also love the nacho dish - their vegan queso and chili is really great. Oh and giddy up wraps are $5 on Mondays in case you want to save a couple of dollars :)

• Visited March 2014