“Love Dim Sum Here..”

Ming Bistro
Ranked #1,033 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Love Dim Sum Here..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place is a typical Chinese Restaurant decoration. Nothing's fancy. You'll find good authentic Dim Sum here. Not many place that still serve Dim Sum in a food cart, and you can pick out from the cart. Some of them serve hot and some serve in a room temperature. Over all is good. Server is nice and smiling (not many servers in Chinese restaurant are smiling). Try to go early on weekend for lunch, it's very busy.

• Visited March 2013

OVIEDO
“Excellent Dim Sum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love going to Ming Bistro! The food is amazing! The atmosphere is nothing special, but the food makes up for the lack of decor. Most of the people eating in the restaurant are Asian which adds to the atmosphere. On Sunday, there are hot and cold dim sum carts that are pushed around the room where you can select what you want to eat. I took my husband there for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. I highly recommend Ming Bistro if you want good authentic dim sum.

• Visited March 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Fresh Dim Sum!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a cleaning lady from Marriott who told me to go to Colonial Drive for authentic Oreintal food and when I googled for a good dimsum place, Ming Bistro showed up, and they were on Colonial and Mills.
Before I went, I was glad I asked because they only accept Visa and MC or cash, no Amex, which is the only card I carry.
It is in a nondescript building the last door to your left. The restaurant itself is very simple with the obligatory decor one usualy finds in most Chinese restaurants. I don't go to a Chinese restaurant expecting the staff to greet me with a " it's a great day attitude", it's not them, I go expecting great food which they delivered. .
We went on a THursday at noontime, was pointed to a table and ordered from the dim sum menu. I appreciated the fact that the server let us know that there are some items that would take around 15 or so min. to prepare. Ask for recommendations. If you need service, you have to speak up louder to be noticed because the place is busy. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the beef rice noodle soup which was more than enough for 2 people to share, fried shrimp balls were very tasty, we had to fight over the last piece. The taro dumpling was a surprise, not what I was used to but it was very good. We could have ordered more but were so stuffed. Will definitely go back to Ming!!

I already recommended this place to my friends.

• Visited February 2013
“Worst food ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Horrible! Everything that should have been hot was room temperature or cold. When we ordered the shrimp they acted like they were going to bring us a "fresh" order when in fact they took the same order and microwaved it!!!

Winter Springs, Florida
“Authentic, but pedestrian Dim Sum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have visited Bing Bistro twice. Both times, we have enjoyed ourselves, but there are so many "minuses" that outweigh the positives. The service is very pedestrian, having said that, I don't mind this in the light of great food. While I feel as if Ming Bistro prepares their own Dim Sum items themselves, I would like for them to be served hot, in a more sanitary manner. I'm not a germophobe, but I do have to ask myself when dining here if I "may get sick" from the room temperature items they serve. I have travelled to Asia many times and enjoy Dim Sum from both street vendors and more up-scale venues, so I'm not too picky. Unfortunately, there are better, more enjoyable, cleaner, and more hospitable restaurants in Orlando to find Dim Sum delights. I'd say try Trey Huen!

• Visited January 2013