“Superb hotel near Orlando theme parks”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park
Ranked #13 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Westminster
“Superb hotel near Orlando theme parks”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Location is ideal, about 5 miles from Universal and 10-12 miles from Disney. We found the Hotel reasonably priced, well-maintained and service-oriented. Room was clean and spacious enough for our family of 4. The complimentary breakfast was a good start for our day. One minor complaint: the fridge made an unpleasant noise. Fast-food restaurants and Publix supermarket are within a short drive from the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was a typical Hampton Inn - about what we were expecting. The location was halfway between the airport and Animal Kingdom & Epcot. It was basically in an industrial park – OK for us and our needs on this trip, but could be problematic for some people. It was a little rough around the edges – bulbs were out in a couple of places, towels were hung inside out, trash cans in the room weren’t always emptied. The rooms and public spaces were clean. There were 5 (!) hooks in the bathroom plus some shelves – VERY nice for storage. The staff were all very nice and helpful, but a bit disheveled and not professionally dressed. It fit our needs, but we might look for somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ItchyFeetBTS
Evan V, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Good day,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you letting us know on what we can approve on in order for you to enjoy your stay at our property. I do understand we fell short of this goal this time, and I highly apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. I would recommend to give us another chance and I will guarantee you will receive 100 percent guest satisfaction. We do value your opinion to the fullest and this ensures we are taking care of each and every issue or concern with our guests. If you would like to speak to me further regarding your stay please contact me directly at 407.226.3999 at extension 620, or by email at evan.valencia@hilton.com. Thank you.
United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location is easy to get to things via car. It's not near the Disney parks, but close enough to both Sea World and Universal Studios. With construction on the highway near the hotel, it's a little tricky to get to now, but the construction should be finished soon. When that occurs, it will be simple to get to and the hotel is very new and clean.

Davie, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I travel extensively for business purposes and found this hotel to have the feeling of home. Small, perfectly located and with all the comforts of home. The bed was especially comfortable and clean. The refrigerator and microwave so convenient. The hallways and elevator were quiet. Staff very friendly alwayswith a quick smile and very helpfu. I love this place!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton last Friday and Saturday evening and it was my first time at a Hampton. My gf suggested it because she has stayed at many Hampton Inns. I would say the value for staying here was excellent and I would stay again. The furnishings were new, the bed was very comfy, it had microwave and fridge) and the breakfast was great. It's in a nice office complex area that is slightly secluded (if that's even possible in Orlando!) It's a block from a shopping strip area with Walmart (I went there twice), with a bunch of restaurants that are great to be near. McDonalds, Dennys, Logan's Roadhouse and more. If I go back to FL next spring I will definitely stay at this Hampton or another Hampton for the pure value aspect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda D
Waycross, Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Universal. It has a great location, we didn't notice any of the outside noise that others commented on. The hotel/room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was nice, but the area felt slightly cramped where the food was. The staff was nice, not super friendly, but nice. We visit Orlando frequently and will stay here again.v

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mom0306
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I try to always sty at a Hampton Inn. I have come to appreciate the quality and I know what to expect. I live 7 hours away from this property and drove as I was attending a convention at a property just down the road. During this trip, I specifically appreciated the hotel staff. Nicole greeted me when I came in and actually called the other property for me to ask about parking. I was planning on staying for two days, but within the first 24 hrs I had spoken to everyone that I needed to. I came back to the hotel in the early afternoon wondering what to do with the rest of my time since I really wanted to go home and spend the time with my family but had already paid for two nights. I went to the desk and asked Maria about the possibilities of leaving earlier than expected. My room had just been cleaned. She understood and was so helpful. She graciously checked me out of the room at no extra charge and sent me on my way with a smile and instructions to drive safe and enjoy my family. Thank you for understanding. Thank you Maria and Nicole. Thank you Hampton.

2 Thank Andy W