“Ideal for short stays” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park
Ranked #13 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
“Ideal for short stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night in June 2012. There was myself, my husband, my (at the time almost 2 year old) daughter and my parents. We had 2 rooms, ours had two beds and my parents had a spacious king sized bed. The rooms were modern and clean. Our room had a bathroom with a bath, whereas my parent's on,y had a large shower (which they were happy with as prefer showers anyway)
I wouldn't say the location was fantastic, hence why I say only ideal for short stays. We stayed for 1 night as we had our timeshare booked for 7 days starting on a Saturday so literally only needed to stay here before hand. We ate out at Logan's a short drive away.
Breakfast was great, albeit busy, but we managed to get a table for the 5 of us. All in all it was a pleasant, short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Suzanne H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Louise M,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am so glad your whole family enjoyed their stay at our property. As you noticed when you were here we are located in a business park but we are centrally located making it easy to get to anywhere in Orlando.

I hope next time your travels bring you and your family to Orlando we will see you again.

Suzanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
Coconut Creek, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this location 9 months ago and it was immaculate. We returned this past weekend and there is definitely less attention to detail being paid. We found hair on their duvet covers that they are so proud of washing for every guest (they came and changed it within 5 minutes), there was a tear in the shower curtain and more hair was found. Housekeeping left a roll of toilet paper on that would obviously run out before the next day causing us to have to go find more from their cart. The breakfast is more than adequate, especially since it is included in the rate, but this morning there were plenty of empty dirty tables and no one came out to clean them for a long while. We had to hunt among them to find the one single clean table left. They also let much of the food run empty without refilling it. By the time they refilled it I was already done eating other things that weren't as appealing as fruit and oatmeal.

Room Tip: We got stuck with a queen room when we wanted a king. The queen rooms are way more cluttered.Couples...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Suzanne H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Jennifer D,

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was not as good this time as it was last time you were here. We want each and every experience at our hotel to positive and memorable for you.

i sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to show you this was very out of the ordinary and visit us again next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area.

Pkease contact me directly and I will ensure you experience the "Hamptonality" we take such great pride in providing.

Parkland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently stayed one night at this location and was completely disappointed with the condition of the room I was assigned. We checked in about 7pm and put our belongings in the room and immediately left again. We returned late in the evening, exhausted and wanted to just shower and go to bed. In the bathroom, while attempting to brush my teeth, I noticed the water was not draining from the sink. Before I could finish brushing, the sink was full of what I had spit out of my mouth and it was disgusting to look at! Being tired, I said to myself, I guess there is hair clogging the drain and I was really disgusted, but too tired to do anything about it. After I showered, I went to sit at the desk in the room to use the mirror to finish my routine before retiring, and when I pulled out the chair, it was full of food crumbs! Disappointed again, but tired, I cleaned the chair myself. When I rolled back the comforter on the bed, the sheets were wrinkled and did not smell fresh. I also noticed a huge greasy stain all over the headboard. Luckily I had some disinfectant wipes in my purse, and I cleaned that also. By this time, I am thoroughly disgusted and realize I was assigned a room that had not been cleaned!!! It was so late and we were so tired, we slept there anyway, as I did not have the energy to wait for housekeeping to come in and clean the room or to move to another room. The following morning, I reported all the above info to the front desk clerk and he assured me the manager would contact me asap. He told me she would probably give me a refund or a voucher for a free stay on a future trip. I was finally contacted about five days later by the manager, who advised me since I did not report the incident immediately, there was nothing she could do for me. This is unacceptable. I paid for a clean room and got a dirty room and had to clean the room myself! She did not offer any form of compensation to me nor did she take responsibility for her housekeeping staff's obvious failure to do their job!!! This is not the proper way to manage a hotel and it is also poor customer service. I am considering contacting the local health department authorities to report this location. Would not recommend and will never stay again! We travel a lot all over the country and internationally, and I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn in this country and got assigned a filthy, unclean room. This location is slowly deteroriating and maybe it is due to poor management! You can find a much better property in the same area, for a lot less money! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RaeP617
Dear alrae33,

Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you described during your stay. These issues are not acceptable. I review all of our guest responses with my staff. As I write this response I am not able to see who I am speaking with and hope I was able to speak with you and resolve these issues. You are welcome to contact me any time to discuss these matters if wer have not already spoken or if you have any further questions.

Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed two nights during our visit to the Universal Studios. Our room was very spacious, the beds are very comfortable and everything is very clean.
The hot breakfast is really good.
The hotel is located in a Business District therefore it is very silent during the night. There are no restaurants in walking distance but with a car it´s a very convenient location !
All staff were very nice and helpfu - thank you !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear IDM1308,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review. It's reviews like your that make us smile and make us so very proud! We do our best to make every guest feel like they are staying at their home away from home!

Stay warm in your cold weather at home! I just looked up your weather... BRRR!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room was really clean. Bathroom clean too. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was nice. Had a good selection to choose from and would be accommodating to most everyone. Had healthy options,like fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal with cranberries and almonds, which was nice for a change compared to some other hotels. Make you own waffles was a nice treat too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Orlando for one night on business. We booked a reservation here because of the price and great reviews. The hotel exceeded our expectations. It is simple, but clean and new. Our king studio suite was HUGE. The bed was comfortable.

I used the on-site fitness center: it was small, but functional. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard for this type of hotel: waffle maker, cereal, yogurt, juice, hardboiled eggs, etc.

The hotel is on a quiet street out of the way of the main attractions. It served our purposes very well.

We definately found our "go-to" hotel in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel had a modern design. It was fairly nice. The Staff was OK, didn't seem too enthusiastic. Members do not receive much of an extended check out time since it's 11AM! You may get 30 minutes extra if you're lucky. You can park for free at the open lot on the premise. There's complimentary tea, coffee and hot cocoa in the lobby.

The room was OK. Dried crumbs of some sort was found on the fitting sheet of the bed, had to place a towel over it to sleep on. The lever on the water faucet would not stay up unless it was left on the full setting. The shower was enclosed and spacious, but there was no room to put anything, but your soap. No ledges or shelves.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tina G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry everything was not as you expected and should expect during your stay. Our staff goes though continual training and your review helps us greatly.

We do our best to accommodate requests for late check out but unfortunately it is not always possible on days we are sold out.

I'm glad you found your shower to be spacious and our holtel modern in design.
'
I hope will will come back to see us next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.