“Still the BEST hot dog after 27 years!!!”
Review of Hot Dog Heaven

Hot Dog Heaven
Ranked #490 of 4,059 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had the great fortune of being one of the first customers after Hot Dog Heaven opened. It was my birthday, and the start of an annual tradition: hot dog and a movie with my best pal. It was half the size it is today, with no real indoor seating and only two, uncovered cement picnic tables outside. As my friend and I were enjoying our meal we looked up and saw Mike putting in the window a handmade sign wishing me a happy birthday! The following year, they allowed my friend to put up balloons and streamers, and Beth pitched in by putting a sign on the women's bathroom door: RESERVED FOR JILL'S BIRTHDAY PARTY ... HAHAHA! All that is to say, they were a great couple of owners, fun sense of play with their customers, providing a terrific hot dog experience - and that has not changed in close to thirty years!

I was recently in Orlando on business and went out of my way to eat here. To my delight, the place has expanded in size, staff, menu offerings and customer base, with a clear bounty of regular and returning customers. The Chicago combo is just as I remembered - Vienna beef dog loaded with onion, pickle, relish, tomatoes, hot peppers (that I always opt out of) stuffed in a poppy seed bun; a pile of crisp fries and my choice of cole slaw (there are other options) on the side, and a cold drink.

Full disclosure: part of my enjoyment of Hot Dog Heaven is nostalgic, which makes me very happy with the memories but also in seeing Mike and Beth's hard work paying off even all these years later. But the reality is, their food is good at a decent price. Also, I don't know them personally and I don't believe they remember me from all those years ago. That won't keep me from telling people how great the place is, or keep me from going back every time I'm in the area. Considering they have maintained their standard all these years, I don't think anything could :-)

1  Thank jillpatrick

Reviewed May 8, 2014

One of the few places in town where you can get a real Chicago hot dog. It is a natural casing frankfurter with emerald relish, tomatoes, celery salt and sport peppers. I will put up their french fries against anyone's. I just wish that the widening of SR50 didn't make the parking so tough.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when in Orlando. Always pipping hot food,friendly and prompt service (don't turn away because the line looks long) and a good value. Don't overlook the ice cream.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Authentic Chicago hot dog experience. Poppy seed buns, pickle lily, a pickle wedge, tomatoes, hot peppers, mustard, and celery salt...the works. Run it through the garden, baby!

This hot dog stand has been an Orlando fixture since the late 80's, serving up delicious meals to the throngs of people who line up daily for these boiled delights. They exclusively serve Vienna beef hot dogs and sausages, which are different from most hot dogs because they're made from beef brisket and not meat scraps like other hot dogs, so they are full of flavor and bite. If you order a basket, you get a large, steaming plate of fries and 1 additional side (baked beans, macaroni salad, or cole slaw). They also have Jay's potato chips!

Portions are huge and worth it. Indoor and outdoor seating is available, as is a great selection of ice cream if you have room after you eat. Don't be spooked by the line out the door. The line moves very quickly and seating is seldom a problem. If you're from Chicago or you like hot dogs, Hot Dog Heaven is a must!

1  Thank David G
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We drove all the way from NC to try their Chicago Hot dog and it was worth it. Too bad I could just eat one. On a scale of 1 - 10, it was a 9.

1  Thank Airitout