“EDC 2013!!!”

Ranked #231 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Yukon, Oklahoma
“EDC 2013!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

So me and my buddy stayed here after staying at the vacation lodge and this place is like the double tree compared to that place. It's really not that bad, it's got a pool and a bar with a happy hour, what more could you want? We didn't try to eat the food and maybe it's for the best.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank KH420

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great staff and great hotel I don't do these things but in the last Five years I have stayed here 100 times. If I did not get excellent service would I stay here as often as I do. The Staff is wonderful the rooms are well appointed. This Hotel is my Home when I am In Orlando, Florida. I recommend it to all my friends and when they come with me they stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand how this keeps it's Best Western credentials. There is no lobby amenities. Not 1. The beds are terrible. If you jumped on it you will break an ankle. The safety locks do not work. The gardener spread mulch at 915 pm after the bag sat there for 3 days. The electrical outlets are 60 era and the tv isn't programmed to receive all available channels. No exon or uno in my room . Just hbo2 and espn2. The house keepers are nice but on work release wearing some ministry t-shirts.. all well and good but what happens if something in the room comes up missing.. blame the con.
The bar is alternative lifestyle but low key. Bar tender cool and free poured. The restaurant only open to 2.middleeaztern owner and waitress who fills your coffee at 3/4 full and double charges you cause she had to do it 6 times (her count). 1 refill only.. do the math.. only reason I stayed here was convenient to job.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jefferson K
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is an older building converted into a newer hotel. The staff were professional but the area where the hotel is located is shady and seems a bit unsecured; wouldn't bring the kids. The rooms are dated for a Best Western level of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Good location, not too long ride to Disney and Universal. Rooms clean and spacious, a bit dated hotel. Bathroom nice, bed ok. Reception was helpful. Price was ok. Nice breakfast. Only problem was room card not always working.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
League City, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This stay was the worst in my entire life! We (Myself, my wife and female friend of my wife) arrived around 12:30 pm on July 19, to attend a conference, before normal check-in time but we were accommodated to be assigned a room and take luggage to room. We went to the room and dropped off our luggage with two double beds, then attended the nearby conference the rest of the day. When we went to the room a humidifier was running and we were told was to remove musty odor. We noticed an odor, but believed the hotel staff, and expected the odor to be gone by the time we returned that night.

When we returned about 10:30 that night, we discovered the dehumidifer was removed and the room smelled terrible! We then notified management and was told by night manager (who had just come on duty), he didn't know why dehumidifier was removed. We could not tolerate sleeping in that room. The night manager offered the "handicapped" room, which only had a double bed, with no room for a rollaway bed. By the way, another couple nearby, also described their room as odorous. That meant one of us had to sleep on the floor. We had driven 950 miles to attend the 3 day conference and needed to be awake for the conference the next day. Our female friend ended up sleeping on the floor on a folded over mattress pad and a few blankets. She did not sleep well and her conference attendance was totally wasted in the next afternoon, as she had not slept well. In fact she missed the entire conference from about 3:30 on.

What should have happened?
A. The room should never have been made available until the odor was permanently removed.
B. The night manager could have recommended a few places that we could try for lodging and just cancelled the night stay.

Note: The next night we found a room in the next door Hawthorn suites, for almost the same price. Those rooms were beautiful, clean, and great service.

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone (unless maybe all available rooms can be shown to be odor free).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Rich R
Dryden, NY
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I picked the hotel for its reasonable prices and later noticed its location on a bus route, which later became crucial to the success of my trip. The rooms were clean, and roomy, and the front desk service fast, knowledgeable, and helpful. The hotel restaurant, although not open for dinner, saved me from starvation (induced by traveling US Air). The restaurant's proprietor was charming, welcoming, and cooked breakfast with skill and a hint of Indian cuisine in the home fries. Later that day, as I stood in despair of being able to get from the hotel downtown to see Paul McCartney, and the entire Orlando supply of taxis dried up, the helpful and sympathetic front desk suggested public transit. Two quick bus rides later, I stepped off across the street from the Amway Center, in time to have a quick bite before the concert started. The LYNX buses, by the way, were clean and a bit over air conditioned. The neighborhood seemed perfectly unremarkable, with the Lincoln dealership across the street, and several choices in restaurants within walking distance. Should I visit Orlando again, I will head straight to the BW Orlando West so I can breakfast again at the Celebrity Deli, and thank the management again for saving my trip.

Room Tip: This hotel still has smoking rooms, which I appreciate, and my room by the swimming pool was away fr...