“Convenience for the right price”

BEST WESTERN Orlando West
Ranked #228 of 335 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wellington, Florida, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Needs to be upgraded for it to be a Best Western, its in the past. I coundnt secure the sliding doors from the balcony. No microwave, the front desk area was closed at night. I've stayed at better BW before. Next time I will most likely consider another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Medardo M
Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in the need for a motel that was as close as possible to the VA Hospital in Orlando. My mother was having surgery at 6:30 in the morning and we were driving there from another city. I chose this motel because it was the closest I could find, with reasonable prices. The check-in was easy, the clerk friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and very comfortable. The linens were similar to those I had experienced at much pricier hotels. I do not think I would stay there for any extended length of time, due to its placement on a busy highway, and right at an exit of a toll road. But for our needs, the location was ideal. My only complaint was that we had to check out before 6 am, and the lobby was locked, and I had to stand outside at a window to complete the checkout process. I felt just a bit unsafe and exposed out there. However, everything was fine and we were soon on our way. I will add that in spite of the highway location, our room was very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the highway. Those are the quietest.
1 Thank lrj9845
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for my family and I. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Housekeeping kept the room and bathroom clean during our 4 day stay. We were only there during the early mornings and late at night. We never heard our neighbors, so we were able to actually sleep. We used the laundry facility, and a housekeeper helped my wife carry some of the load. They are very considerate.
The hotel grounds are filled with nice southern landscaping, including a papaya tree which was interesting.
Our drive to Disney was very short with directions from the front desk.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are only using the hotel to sleep, and are not looking for a spa or onsite attraction.

1 Thank Tim C
Athens, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Overall a great hotel for the price. Location was less than a mile from the stadium and close to Church St bar and restaurants. Not the safest area surrounding the hotel but taxi or bus it downtown...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank MATTHEW K
Phoenix, AZ USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We pulled in late Sunday night after cross-country drive. Desk clerk/night manager scribbles map to get to to room on back of bill, then when I reached for sketch he pulled paper away saying 'you don't get this 'til you check out!' I explained I was exhausted and if he could re-draw map on a piece of paper I could take with me. He did so after much eye-rolling. This signalled the quality of service that was to come. Was disgusted to see charges for microwave or fridge that were definitely not listed in AAA book. Poorly lit, musty first-floor room was understocked with toiletries. Internet access definitely not "Hi speed". Corridor outside of room was scuzzy, not secure, very echoey and amplified guest noises to where, on 2nd night between 3 and 5 AM two rooms adjacent made it impossible for me and my kids to sleep. When I called front desk to complain, night manager refused to come out to handle situation with noisy guests. Said he could see situation from monitors in office - had this slacker been monitoring situation he would have seen them traversing from room to room, banging on doors, having loud conversations in hallway. I finally had to go out and confront one of these guests myself at 5:20 AM, who parked his carcass on the floor RIGHT NEXT to our door to have a prolonged cell phone conversation - he only left after I threatened either to call police or administer beatdown to get him and his friends to shut up for the evening. All in all a lousy experience in a lousy Best Western operation in a lousy part of town.

Room Tip: Choose a DIFFERENT motel chain for your Orlando stay!
2 Thank RTFR666
bestwstorl, Manager at BEST WESTERN Orlando West, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had while visiting our property. We can only learn from your experience and set forth a game plan to ensure our future guests are not subjected to the same experience. I appreciate your time and promise that this becomes a isolated incident.