“Good value, frustrating visit”

Avanti International Resort
Ranked #81 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Plantation, Florida
“Good value, frustrating visit”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have visited Avanti before and always been happy with the resort, however this past visit everything just seemed to be completely out of order and insane. One of my favorite parts of Avanti is the fitness center as fitness is a big part of my life and one of the things most Resorts and hotels lack, but this time it seemed to be just a playground. There were many foreign tourists here and their children were just running rampant with no supervision of any kind or hotel staff to direct them from causing disarray or mischief. I tried twice to use the fitness center only to find it full of unruly children playing around and causing ruckus. So, we headed to the pool area where my youngest daughter who is 4 was sent crying from the pool multiple times by again unruly children causing a ruckus. I am sad to say that despite our satisfaction with Avanti in the past I will not be staying here again. There are to many other great resorts in the Orlando area to put up with the frustration and aggravation we endured on this trip. If not for our prior positive stays I would have only given a 1, but they deserve at least a 2 because I understand its not entirely their fault, but an attentive staff would have lessened the ability for these unruly patrons to disrupt our stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are deeply disappointed to learn that your stay did not go as well as we would have liked. We hope that you will accept our sincere apologies regarding your experience with other guests at our fitness center and pool. Please know that the situations you described are highly unusual. Our team is currently attempting to personally reach out to you in order to further discuss your stay. Please know that we will be addressing your comments internally with our team. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,115)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place was great. The staff were friendly, professional and attentive to our needs and requests. The pool area and nearby restaurants and stores offered a wide variety of ethnic and american foods. The resort is convenient to all the local attractions and we truly enjoyed our weekend there (and we've visited Orlando quite a bit). There are 'ritizier' and 'glitzier' hotels/resorts, but for the price you can't beat Avanti. The service itself was worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank joebo11
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing our resort as part of your weekend visit to Orlando! We are pleased that the friendly and attentive service you experienced from our team along with our great value contributed to a worthwhile stay. We hope that your pleasant experience with our resort will encourage you to stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room through Last Minute Travel. I was a good deal. When I got to the hotel it looked ok for the price, the only two things I didn't liked was the small bathroom and he floor was not clean. I took off my shoes and my feet got dirty and black after walking through the room. The have a sign on the boudoir stating that the cleaning consists on replacing the towels and changing the beds. You have to request for swiping and mopping the floor for an extra fee.

Overall was a good choice, great staff, nice pool and comfortable beds.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Luis, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased that your experience with our resort was a good value to you. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and beautiful pool. We do apologize that the floor and the size of the bathroom in your room were not to your preferences. In regards to the floors, please know that we feature laminate flooring because they are actually more hygienic than traditional hotel carpet and are less likely to harbor allergens or microorganisms. In the future, please do not hesitate to let us know of your housekeeping requests as it would be our great pleasure to assist you with this. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping team. We are glad that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us and we hope that you will visit us again.
Boca Grande, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

An extremely cheap Groupon deal led us to this find for our weekend stay.... (Sigh) and it's for sure the only reason why we would have ever stayed here. Since apparently I can't agree with other "reviews"on here let's try this again!Let's recap... Shall we?!

After finally checking in ( I feel like this is more of a motel? Walking outside to a room and around really isn't very "resort"ish). Our room keys didn't work, fabulous! Luckily when calling the front desk an employee noticed us and came over to assist us. He explained to us that having it near a cell phone would deactivate them, we understand that but they weren't near a cell phone.

Now for the big reveal... Oh my! Maybe I should stop watching Hotel Impossible? After checking out our room for the next two nights I was disgusted.. It may have been the stained bed sheets, the pubic hair on the bathroom hair or the fact that when you walk around the room your feet turn a new shade of black?

Cigarette butts were everywhere on property, clean it up! Our "neighbors" two doors down decided to have something to snack on Thursday and left their trash outside their front door... Friday we were poured on for hours, Saturday morning when checking out they were still rolling around the hallway. Classy. The staff/employees had to have walked by how many times? But yet never decided to pick it up? The cleanliness was lacking so badly I didn't even want my room touched on day two here. Okay you get the point.

Now for some positive feedback:
Cheap rates
Walking distance to great bars and restaurants...
Cheap for families, good looking pool area
Starbucks

Enjoy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Erin, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful pool and convenient location on International drive. We are really disappointed to hear that your experience was not as positive as we would like. We hope you can accept our deepest apologies in regards to the situations you described in your room and around our resort. Please know that your comments pertaining to the cleanliness of our resort do not reflect our usual standards. Here at Avanti, cleanliness of our resort is extremely important to us as we are committed to providing a clean environment to all our guests. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and we will be addressing your concerns with our entire team immediately. We sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another chance to show you the great experience we typically provide to our guests.
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the resort my only complaint was when I first arrived to ny room there were leftover food from the previous guest which was promptly cleaned, and its not as close to Disney as I
thought. My room was close by the pool which is kept immaculate, I enjoyed the music coming from the speaker's sound the pool and the complimentary towels for use at the pool. My son enjoyed the game room and our room was spacious and great value for the money paid

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Camille S
Camille, thank you for commenting on your experience with our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the nice atmosphere by our beautiful pool area. It is great to hear that your son enjoyed spending time at our arcade-style game room as well. We are pleased that you found our resort to be a great value. Please accept our deepest apologies in regards to the situation you described in your room. Please know that this is very unusual as we take cleanliness of our resort extremely seriously. We appreciate your feedback and we will be addressing your comments with our Housekeeping team. We hope that the great value you received will encourage you to revisit us next time you return to the Orlando area.
Campinas, SP
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was from May 29 to June 6. Me and my fiancee arrived late at night after traveling from Brazil to Miami and driving from Miami to Orlabdo. Nick promptly made our check in but something was wrong with our key cards because we couldn't open the room's door. The rooms are a bit distant from the hotels reception and we had to come back there twice to finally be moved to another room which the key cards were working.
The reception, lobby and front desk have a fancy and sofisticated looking. There is a Starbucks beside the front desk and thats was nice to take quick coffees and something to grab and go. The rooms area has not the same good looking as the hotels entrance. For sure this part of the hotel needs a improve to be according to the rest of the hotel. Inside the rooms we could notice a simply and confortable accomodation, nothing really excellent but was good. The noise outside (from pool area and roads) was not a problem, the beds and the room space was more than enough for me and my fiancee. However, the room cleaning needs more attention, we found hair (a lot) around the room and even more next to bathroom. Another point is regarding the security, we do noticed employees from the hotel walking around and making the security, but the hotel is completly open allowing the access of anyone. One they, at evening, we could see some really strange people walking around, they were looking drunk cause the were walking like that, and their clothes were too dirty. I thought they were hosts but they left the hotel walking to the dark at the middle of the trees trying to hide their faces always that someone appeared. The hotel must attent for this facts!

Well, considering the whole stay we liked it once that it was our 1st time. But in the future we will check this points mentioned before confirm a new reservation. Or, we will be thinking about another safer place.

2 Thank Allan R
Allan, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It is nice to hear that you liked your stay with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to the keycards but we are glad that our Front Office team was able to resolve this promptly. We are pleased that you enjoyed the contemporary décor of our facilities as well as the convenience of our lobby Barista serving Starbucks coffees.

We sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was below our normal standards. Please know that the situation you described is highly unusual as cleanliness of our resort is extremely important to us. We value your feedback and we will be addressing your comments with our Housekeeping team immediately. In regards to your concern about our security, here at Avanti, safety and security of our guests remain as our top priority. Please know that we do have on-site security guards from a trusted security company here in Orlando in order to ensure a safe environment for all of our guests. Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

So I booked Avanti through a secondary site bcuz it looked really nice and the price was right so I figured what the heck. Little did I know that Kelsey aka thebomb.com would be handling our check in. I was greeted with nothing but smiles, we got there 3 hours before check in and she was like no problem not only that I was able to switch my room with no hassle what so ever! I recommend this spot to anyone! Clean rooms excellent staff great pool area! THANK YOU KELSEY!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Clay C
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Clay, we are pleased that the excellent guest service you experienced from our team member has motivated you to write us such a great review! Thank you for your nice compliments to our team, we really appreciate it. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms along with our beautiful pool area. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope that you will have the chance to visit us again in the future!