“Looking Forward to My Stay... Trying to Ignore the Bad reviews!”

Avanti International Resort
Ranked #81 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto
“Looking Forward to My Stay... Trying to Ignore the Bad reviews!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've just booked a 6 day March Break getaway for my daughter and I at the Avanti Resort and this will be her first time visiting Florida/Disney World. I found a really good deal on this hotel and was impressed with the photo's online, usually I'm not swayed by price alone, but the pictures and amenities looked very attractive and the price and location were a huge bonus. After reading the reviews, I am getting a bit nervous, but keeping an open mind. I hope that I made the right choice to find the right balance between fun and relaxation. Looking forward to providing a detailed review in March...

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Avanti. We are looking forward to your arrival and have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,094)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Recently returned from a 2 week stay at the Avanti. As soon as we arrived we could see the reception looked like it had recently had a makeover as it was clean and had a fresh look. The reception staff were very helpful and got checked in straightway. We arrived in the evening from the UK so we wanted to get to the room and drop the suitcases so we could just relax. Through the booking we were able to upgrade our room for free, We were located on the ground floor with a pool view. The room was a good size, with a large fridge, TV and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was a good size too.
The location of the Avanti Resort is very useful, you are not far from either Universal parks or Sea World parks. The concierge desk are very helpful with getting you booked on the transport to the parks or give you advice on how to get to anywhere you want to go. Even when they didn’t know the place we were looking for they looked it up for us and rang a few places to get us some information and travel advice.
The Orlando Classic fell during our stay and the staff had left notes on the doors advising all guests to plan their journeys with added time due to the increase in traffic and also warning that the noise level could be greater. We didn’t really experience either of these but was good to be warned off for it.
The Avanti Resort has many good restaurants and bars close by but also many close by that you can hop on the itrolly or bus too.
The only downside is the room cleaning, although it explains that your sheets won’t be changed for your stay, in a 2 week stay it would be nice for them to be changed at least once. Also, we felt the room could have been cleaner, it was very clean for our arrival but that standard wasn’t kept for the rest of our stay.
However, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Avanti Resort to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ground floor with pool view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oliver7455
Hayley C, Public Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Oliver, thanks for such a great review! We are so glad that you had great experiences with us throughout your two week stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of Avanti Resort right on International Drive. We apologize that your room cleaning service was not up to our usual standards. We will pass on your comments to ensure that does not occur in the future. We hope that you will accept our apologies and consider staying with us again. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again in the future.
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This resort was very clean. The staff were very friendly. The beds very comfortable. and its located in a perfect place where you will find lots of restaurants and stores. didn't get to enjoy the Jacuzzi but by the looks of it must have been great. Loved the fact that there was a starbucks inside. I will definitely will be going back next time i'm in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Mayra, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to know how clean and comfortable your room was. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again, so you can try out the Jacuzzi!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

When I first arrived, the hotel lobby seemed as if it had gone through renovations as they had vibrant colors on the wall, deco furniture and Starbucks located within the lobby. Everything seemed great until I arrived in the hotel room. Floor was dirty, the bed springs made a loud noise and there was mildew on the bathroom tile walls. My 10yr old daughter woke up with red bite marks all over her legs. So we started looking on the bed and sure enough my daughter found a bed bug on the bed. Upon calling the front desk, they asked me to come to the front desk to discuss the matter with the manager. I informed the housekeeper about the incident on my way out and her response was that’s the reason why we have metal bed railings and no carpet. Interesting enough that was the same response I got from the girl that I complained to over the phone. Manager Shady gave me full credit and was of course apologetic after showing her the dead bed bug that we had in a cup and my daughter’s legs. I wanted people to be aware so that they are not fooled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Samantha R
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for commenting on the modern decor of the resort and how much you enjoyed that. Please know that we take comments like these extremely seriously as cleanliness and the safety of our guests are top priorities for us. We utilize the top pest control company in the area, EcoLab, and we had them come and professionally inspect your guest room. We are happy to report that your guest room was found to be completely free of any sort of pests. Please send us a message and I would be happy to send you a copy of the report showing no pest activity was found. We do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Thank you for staying with us.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed there for two nights because we were going to Universal and Disney and the hotel is close to both parks. We stayed in the king suite and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the check-in was quick. We had no issues while staying there! There are also a ton of dining options near it too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Staci, it was a pleasure to serve you during your time at Avanti. It's wonderful to know that you found your Executive King Suite to be so clean and comfortable. These are our largest rooms, including a seating area with pull-out sofa as well as a microwave and refrigerator. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back the next time you find yourself in Orlando!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very nice, modern facility. Lovely pool area and friendly staff. Nice location making it easy to visit and dine. Front desk and concierge were very helpful with all of our enquiries and the resort was within walking distance of several dining options.
Would warmly recommend to everyone wanting to stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Booked through Groupon and it couldn't be easier. Loved the room on the second floor facing the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We are so glad that you decided to stay with us at Avanti, even if only for a short visit! Thanks for mentioning how friendly your interactions were with our staff as well as how much you enjoyed the pool area. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will return soon!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

To be honest
That is not for the wifi issue and the bad excuses that the front desk give me for this situation I give a total high score.

I in this moment i am in hotel because I will stay 5 more days in the facility but the wifi is imposible to use because I have this excuses from front desk.
A. Hotel is full
B. The best signal is in the pool area.

When I get this hotel is fore a good deal, location and the wifi in the room.

I mix my vacation and work all the time but when I need my wifi is because I working with my business and I need to download documents and the connections don't give the capacity to do that.

Is imposible to I work in my room for the poor signal and when they offer a wifi room is because they compromise to have a signal that work.

The first time I call to the from desk they be nice with me and they offer me a refund for the facilitys charge and They will call tech service to address the issue. The next day I call again and they don't be so nice and the excuse of the hotel is full. the hotel offer wifi connection that suppose to work.
Now I using my data from my phone to do some things but my tablet that I used for work is only use wifi connection and my data plan is not offer me that service.

To finish please fix this issue because this complain for wifi in the future will affect your hotel scores and is not fair for something that you maybe you can't fix with a better wifi connection.

I am in the room 2428 that some one from the management team one to contact me.

Merry Christmas to all.

• Stayed November 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is my understanding that our front desk team has already contacted you and this has been resolved. We do offer resort-wide WiFi included in the resort fee and our guests are able to enjoy this throughout their stay. Please accept our apologies that you were experiencing a connection that was not up to our usual speeds. It was our pleasure to take care of this for you and we look forward to serving you throughout the rest of your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact the front desk if there is anything further we can provide you with.