“Worst Experience!”

Ranked #78 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worst Experience!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

When I first arrived, the hotel lobby seemed as if it had gone through renovations as they had vibrant colors on the wall, deco furniture and Starbucks located within the lobby. Everything seemed great until I arrived in the hotel room. Floor was dirty, the bed springs made a loud noise and there was mildew on the bathroom tile walls. My 10yr old daughter woke up with red bite marks all over her legs. So we started looking on the bed and sure enough my daughter found a bed bug on the bed. Upon calling the front desk, they asked me to come to the front desk to discuss the matter with the manager. I informed the housekeeper about the incident on my way out and her response was that’s the reason why we have metal bed railings and no carpet. Interesting enough that was the same response I got from the girl that I complained to over the phone. Manager Shady gave me full credit and was of course apologetic after showing her the dead bed bug that we had in a cup and my daughter’s legs. I wanted people to be aware so that they are not fooled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Samantha R
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for commenting on the modern decor of the resort and how much you enjoyed that. Please know that we take comments like these extremely seriously as cleanliness and the safety of our guests are top priorities for us. We utilize the top pest control company in the area, EcoLab, and we had them come and professionally inspect your guest room. We are happy to report that your guest room was found to be completely free of any sort of pests. Please send us a message and I would be happy to send you a copy of the report showing no pest activity was found. We do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed there for two nights because we were going to Universal and Disney and the hotel is close to both parks. We stayed in the king suite and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the check-in was quick. We had no issues while staying there! There are also a ton of dining options near it too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Staci, it was a pleasure to serve you during your time at Avanti. It's wonderful to know that you found your Executive King Suite to be so clean and comfortable. These are our largest rooms, including a seating area with pull-out sofa as well as a microwave and refrigerator. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back the next time you find yourself in Orlando!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Very nice, modern facility. Lovely pool area and friendly staff. Nice location making it easy to visit and dine. Front desk and concierge were very helpful with all of our enquiries and the resort was within walking distance of several dining options.
Would warmly recommend to everyone wanting to stay in Orlando.

Room Tip: Booked through Groupon and it couldn't be easier. Loved the room on the second floor facing the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We are so glad that you decided to stay with us at Avanti, even if only for a short visit! Thanks for mentioning how friendly your interactions were with our staff as well as how much you enjoyed the pool area. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will return soon!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

To be honest
That is not for the wifi issue and the bad excuses that the front desk give me for this situation I give a total high score.

I in this moment i am in hotel because I will stay 5 more days in the facility but the wifi is imposible to use because I have this excuses from front desk.
A. Hotel is full
B. The best signal is in the pool area.

When I get this hotel is fore a good deal, location and the wifi in the room.

I mix my vacation and work all the time but when I need my wifi is because I working with my business and I need to download documents and the connections don't give the capacity to do that.

Is imposible to I work in my room for the poor signal and when they offer a wifi room is because they compromise to have a signal that work.

The first time I call to the from desk they be nice with me and they offer me a refund for the facilitys charge and They will call tech service to address the issue. The next day I call again and they don't be so nice and the excuse of the hotel is full. the hotel offer wifi connection that suppose to work.
Now I using my data from my phone to do some things but my tablet that I used for work is only use wifi connection and my data plan is not offer me that service.

To finish please fix this issue because this complain for wifi in the future will affect your hotel scores and is not fair for something that you maybe you can't fix with a better wifi connection.

I am in the room 2428 that some one from the management team one to contact me.

Merry Christmas to all.

• Stayed November 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is my understanding that our front desk team has already contacted you and this has been resolved. We do offer resort-wide WiFi included in the resort fee and our guests are able to enjoy this throughout their stay. Please accept our apologies that you were experiencing a connection that was not up to our usual speeds. It was our pleasure to take care of this for you and we look forward to serving you throughout the rest of your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact the front desk if there is anything further we can provide you with.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was really quick and easy. With great staff, jimmy on Recepion was really welcoming and friendly! Once on the room our safe had a slight fault the hotel sent someone round in about two minutes to resolve the problem! The rooms are big with great air con for hot or cold temps, the bed was comfy and tv choice is also great! The pool and jacuzzi area is well kept and really nice there is a small restaurant and shop on the resort also serving Starbucks coffee!
The shuttle service was top class you book it the day before it's easy and hassle free! The wifi on resort is good also! Overall it's clean and friendly and will defiantly stay here again! It's also in a great location in the middle of international drive with lots to do on the area! We are a couple aged 25to31 and we loved it ! Thanks avanti see you next year !

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayley C, Public Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience! Our entire staff works hard to provide our guests with genuine and friendly customer service. It is great to know that we succeeded in providing that to you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks coffee that we offer in our lobby and also in the cafe. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Stayner, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I am taking my husband to florida as a surprise to celebrate his 50th birthday. The reviews, pictures and comments made my decision to stay at this motel very easy. It looks lovely and modern. The comments have been extremely helpful. Can't wait to experience it for our selves.

Darlene, Ontario Canada

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladydar1
Darlene, we look forward to your upcoming visit! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with prior to or upon your arrival. See you in a few months!
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Renovated hotel. Beautifull lobby and nice staff. Nice fitness and good location at the international drive. Great room with lovely kongsize beds. Bathroom aren't renovated, but ok. Only thing was that we booked a stay with breakfast. We only got a juice, a croissant and a little can of yoghurt. Really not enough for us. Normaly when you book a breakfast it is various (buffet) and you are full. Too bad. Free wifi everywere was great!

• Stayed November 2013
Francisca, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the property and all of the staff members. Please accept our sincere apologies that the breakfast you received did not meet your expectations. We will definitely pass on your comments, as we are committed to constant improvement and meeting the needs of our guests. We are glad that you had a nice stay overall and hope that you will choose to return in the future. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.