“Just OK...”

Ranked #109 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Just OK...”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

The hotel was convenient because it is just across Universal Studios. The quality was very mediocre but it was little on the pricey side...

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
samjayswal, General Manager at Best Western Plus Universal Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
Dear Guest:

I will be happy to share with you that the hotel has went through a complete multi million dollar renovation that included a brand new guest rooms and public lobby space. The hotel looks very modern and up to date.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 407-226-9119.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Sam Jayswal
Best Western Universal Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Just about 2 blocks from the Universal Studios entrance, right off of I-4 and Kirkman. Check in was pleasant, hotel is clean and a basic mediocre no -frills breakfast is included. But stay away from the eggs ! I guess they were powdered eggs. We stayed here 2 nights during Thanksgiving. My room was nice and clean, had a microwave, bed was nice and comfortable. Bathroom had a large counter. A/C worked well. Rooms were quiet.

They have a shuttle service which can drop you off only at 8am or 10am and pick up is similar only 2 different time slots are available. Since we checked in at 1pm we drove to Universal. The shuttle service was pleasant with very nice multi-lingual drivers. But make sure you sign up for the shuttle service the night prior. One familly (who apparently did not use the service to get there) got very upset with our driver because they were picked up after us as the van was already filled. Maybe they thought they could ride on top of the van?

Were I to travel to Universal Studios again I would rather stay at the Hampton Inn which is another block away. They offer are far better included breakfast and they offer a shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelCrazyMan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Clean,well kept hotel with free full breakfast,great location if your going to universal and Island of adventure they do offer free shuttle service.This is a good value for your money located just behind a small strip mall area with a Walgreens and few other restraunts including a Miller's Ale House which has pretty good bar food.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimfromphilly
WA
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I went with my 3 brothers- 16-24 years old for 3 days at Universal Studios. We stayed in a VERYspacious room with 2 beds and a fold out couch for $76/night (I used retailmenot.com coupon codes to bring the price down). The bed linens were very fresh and the beds seemed to be updated which was nice... however, I think the hotel should renovate more extensively especially the carpet.... for a fresher look. Overall, we were happy with our stay... the concierge was very helpful and the shuttle drivers were great to.... We walked back from Universal twice and it felt safe to walk after dark with well lit sidewalks... and a fairly short pleasant walk. We didn't have a car for the three days we stayed there and were glad to have a drugstore nearby and several affordable places to eat (buffet, burger king, mcdonalds, ihop, etc). The breakfast was the usual large Western selection so we ate at the hotel everyday. The value for the price can't be beat- I don't think. Free breakfast for four people everyday and if you divide the cost of the room between the four of us and not having to rent a car while there or pay parking fees at the parks..... a very very good deal and affordable 3 days of vacation. For the rest of our vacation we stayed near Disney in my parent's timeshare. Hope this helps someone- this hotel isn't disgusting like some people wrote, just not very new- but still clean.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
manitoba
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and two teenage kids stayed here aug 22-26/09 on our trip while visiting universal. Don't listen to the bad reviews you might see elsewhere. The hotel was clean, friendly, and staff was helpful and courteous. The breakfast is above average as far as continental breakfasts go (waffles, sausages, eggs, etc. are offered). The walk to universal is about 20 minutes if you want exercise or take the free shuttle which is fast, and convenient. The wireless internet signal is weak to nonexistent, and could not connect on the third floor, but there is a business center in the lobby. Lots of restaurants close by. This is not a five star hotel but I would easily give it 3.5 stars. We enjoyed our stay, and would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I drove over 20 hours straight through to florida on our honeymoon, and stopped at a rest area once we go to florida to find a hotel. We only need a room for one night as we had a condo for the remainder of the week. We found this one, and even though we got there very early in the morning, the staff was sooooo very sweet and could see we were dead tired and let us check in very early to get some sleep. We were very grateful. =D

The room wasn't fancy dancy, but the price was right, and it felt so good when our heads hit those pillows. The staff was so sweet, and each time we came in asked us if everything was great. We ended up needing to stay another night at the end of the week before going to our hotel room in Daytona, and we knew EXACTLY where we were going to after that first stay. The bed here was actually ended up being nicer than the one at the hotel in daytona. And we paid good money for that hotel too. I was very disappointed with them, but that's another review. lol

Bottom line, this is a buget hotel, so if you're looking for a 5 star keep looking. However if you're looking for a hotel close to the disney parks, with awesome staff, on a budget this place is great! I was shocked to see the bad reviews on here when I went to write my review. Granted our stay was almost 3 years ago.. but I hope it's still the same great place we were so grateful to find after a 20 + hour drive.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Mom2aJellybean
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed in this hotel because we tought that this was the same one we had stayed a time before. And when we got there, it wasn't. But the stay wasn't so bad. The beds were too but tooooo high. I don't know why they do it, maybe so we wake up our downstairs neighbors when we fall in the floor. But overall it was good, we had free breakfast every day, free parking, and they didn't give any problem with anything. The location is great for Univeral but for disney it is too far. We had to drive like aprox. 15 miles everyday because we were going to Disney.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family