“Consistently High Standards Maintained: A Truly Excellent Hotel!”

Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Ranked #109 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Corbridge, United Kingdom
“Consistently High Standards Maintained: A Truly Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is my second review of this hotel; the last was when my family and I stayed there in September 2012. I have read all reports on this hotel and offer the following points based on my first-hand knowledge having stayed there a total of 28 nights over two visits.
1. This hotel is excellent value for money being as it is within true walking distance of Universal Studios and several eating houses.
2. From the Hotel to Universal City Walk can be walked in 20 minutes, give or take a minute or two depending on the sequencing of traffic signals to cross three roads: Kirkman; Universal Blvd. and valet parking access. I am in my mid-seventies and if I can make it comfortably, then most people can! Once Kirkman Road is crossed, the walk is most attractive and enjoyable especially as it meanders alongside the lake between Universal Studios and the Porto Fino Bay Hotel. The walk was a daily highlight and saved the extortionate $16 parking fee at Universal.
3. We found breakfast, some items of which changed daily, both extensive and satisfying. Over our 14 night stay, we never got bored with it as some appear to have been; there again we do not seek to eat everything of everything on display.
4. Our room was serviced daily and left immaculately clean by housekeeping.
5. Hotel staff is very friendly and attentive to resident’s needs. We particularly enjoyed the help and our several conversations with front desk staff Leslie, Tricia, Valerie and Andy. They were great and, as I said in my last review, must have been hand-picked by Hotel Management. In my extensive International travel throughout my career, I never came across better. If anyone has problems with this team, they should perhaps look to themselves for the cause!!

We have no hesitation in highly recommending this hotel and hope to stay here again, perhaps next year.

Thank you to all staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: The oversize rooms are most comfortable and worth the extra cost.
7 Thank Stewart039

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
venice, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

very nice and clean . friendly staff . we love it here . we will stay again . its close to universal studios . its nice knowing that the staff remember us when we come back . we have never had any issues with the hotel . its a great place to sty .

Nokomis, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I want everyone to know not to hesitate to stay at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Orlando Florida. The staff is very friendly and the rooms very clean. I loved that it was within walking distance to Universal Studios because we didn't have to drive anymore after being on the road for as long as we were. My actual check in time was to be at 3:00pm. but since I had arrived at noon the front desk clerk had a room ready for me to go ahead and check in. I recommend this hotel and hope that you will all enjoy your stay as much as I did.......

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We found this hotel one day before to travel and was the cheapest and best on the reviews.
And it was really good. Nice and clean room, free shuttle for Universal and Sea World and you can go walking to Universal.
Extremely close I-4 access. You can arrive in any place in Orlando very quickly.
Definitely is the first option for a next Orlando visit.
I recommend.

PITTSBURGH, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Hotel at 5618 Vineline Road in Orlando, FL is an excellent property to stay. Their employees are courteous and anxious to serve. The room rates are affordable and the FULL BREAKFAST DAILY are the best. You are not asked to conserve energy by NOT getting clean linen and towels each day. Rooms are large with refrigerators, microwave ovens and safes in them. This hotel out-rates many other 5-Star properties in my opinion. I have a group of 20 travelers; ALL WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE ACCOMODATIONS.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

wakefield
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Check in was pain free and quick. The rooms were a good size with a fridge and microwave. Great location for visiting universal studios, plenty of restaurants locally, many within walking distance. Breakfast basic but you won't starve. The pool area was clean and quiet, not many guest using it as most were probably in the theme parks. If you don't book direct do check they charge the correct rate, they did get our wrong and had to issue a small refund. I would stay again as for the location it is very good value.

1 Thank RuthnRobinM
Panama City Beach, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The room was clean, internet speed inside the room was also fast. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was good and thee staff were nice and helpful. It was very affordable and I would recommend it to anyone

1 Thank Krystal S