“Excellent value, very clean, and a convenient location.”

Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Ranked #110 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights Oct. 17 to 20, 2012. We are 2 adults. Had large, king-bed room on top floor with good size mini-fridge, small microwave, coffee maker and combo radio/alarm/sound machine, safe, plus ironing board & iron in room. Hotel looks renovated with newer-looking carpeting, bed linens, and furniture (chair & ottoman) in room. Bathroom was very clean with ample towels and toiletries. Bed was very comfortable. There is a combo radio, alarm, & sound machine on nightstand. There is a large flat-screen TV with "clean" remote (styled to make it easier to clean with disinfectant wipes). Lobby is pleasant with separate seating area off main lobby (good place to socialize if you are meeting other guests). Also in the lobby is secure area (entrance by room key only) with 2 or 3 computers plus printer for guests to use. There is good size breakfast area with standard offerings (chafing dishes with scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes one morning, french toast sticks another, biscuits & gravy another) plus 2 waffle makers. Good assortment of breads, bagels, muffins, pastries, etc. Dry cereals, instant oatmeal, 2 flavors of yogurt, and several kinds of fresh fruit as well. Area is kept well stocked and very clean. Staff throughout hotel are very attentive, friendly, and helpful. We used shuttle to Universal and it was always prompt for pick-ups. There is choice of 2 departure times and 2 pick-up times for Universal, Sea World, and Wet-n-Wild. Hotel is close enough for a 15-20 minute walk to Universal & City Walk. Many choices of restaurants within easy walking distance of hotel (5 mins. or less). For this class of hotel, the Best Western Plus is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms on 2nd & 3rd floors all appear to face a large grassy field which give you so...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank alwaysjerseygirl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my third time staying here. As always, the room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the noisy AC unit that made getting to sleeping difficult. This is the only hotel I stay in when going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OlgyRodz13
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Me and my day stayed one night up here while going to holoween horror nights. Its only a 15 minute walk to universal but if you wanted to take a taxi it wouldn't cost that much. Great comfortable rooms and great service from the guy at the front desk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ryanoswald
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here to go to universal studios Halloween Horror Nights.

This hotel was very clean, inexpensive and the rooms were great.

Hotel staff called us a taxi, which brought us to the park cheaper than if we drove

Great hotel for the value

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank skippy265
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Best stay of our trip! We stayed at the Dolphin Hotel for a conference and had to pay high meal costs because we didn't rent a car. For the end of our trip we stayed at this Best Western. Not only was it a 5 minute drive to Universal Studios, it was also as clean and rooms just as nice as the Dolphin! The staff were informative and so kind. They have free shuttle service to Universal. The Dolphin had free shuttles to park as well, but the Best Western is within walking distance to shops and restaurants which were much less expensive for meals and items. Next time for a conference I will stay out of resorts and rent a car.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ctresidents
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife, daughter and I spent a fantastic holiday at this hotel, and after the first night of our 15 night stay (13-27 Sept), we enjoyed every minute of it. The issue with the first night was that, being very tired after a flight from the UK, we turned in early only to be awoken by the telephone at about 1:00 A.M. Somewhat irritated, I answered the phone to be greeted by someone who said he was “Jacob at the front desk”, telling me that there was a problem with my booking and would I go to the front desk to resolve it. Curtly, I told him that I had been asleep and told him that I would deal with it in the morning. I surprised myself in that I didn’t actually swear at Jacob.

Being suspicious about the call, I rang the front desk and spoke with Leslie (who was brilliant throughout the holiday) only to be told that nobody called Jacob worked at the Hotel. It was clearly some kind of scam. Unable to get back to sleep, I went down to the front desk and spoke with Leslie who told me that the caller acted as if he knew me and asked for Room 216 – our room. Seeing that I was unnerved by this, Leslie offered to give me another room (next door Room 218) and help us move. By this time it was 1:30 in the morning as we moved room.

In the morning, the hotel front desk offered to screen any inward calls and enquire whether I wished to take the call before putting it through. We had no repeats of such calls. So out of a worrying situation we found that the staff at this hotel DID CARE about the safety and well-being of its guests, which is invaluable, and we felt safe and comfortable throughout our stay

The hotel itself was everything we needed: great rooms; decent breakfast; extremely friendly front desk staff-day and night - who are clearly hand-picked as they all made our holiday a real joy; and a most pleasant manager whom we met, sadly minus his famed dog! To cap it all, we enjoyed our meals at the Orlando Ale House just yards away – great selection of good food which was better and cheaper than the Outback – which has really deteriorated!) – and I could have a decent drink without having to drive. Tops of all, LOCATION – a genuine 20 minute, extremely pleasant walk into Universal Studios. In fact one day with rain forecast we drove into Universal and paid our $15 to park only to find that IT WAS QUICKER TO WALK and the money saved on car parking buys a great meal in the Ale House.

Finally, for all staff at the Best Western Plus Universal, especially Leslie, thanks for a making our holiday a truly great experience. We hope to see you all again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Stewart039
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here on September 11th through the 14th. After a grueling 13 hour drive, my 2 sons, daughter-in-law and I arrived at the front desk and were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in room 214, which has 2 queen sized beds and a sleeper sofa, and we all found it to be very clean, comfortable, and spacious. Plenty of pillows and towels were provided as well.

My sons enjoyed the benefit of being so close to the parks, and I, my mother and sister, who met us at the hotel and also rented a room for themselves, enjoyed the close proximity of restaurants and the quiet of the pool area. I had the added benefit of getting to meet the hotel manager, who is very much involved with the daily operations of the hotel (we spotted him picking up mulch from the walkway), and we shared a few funny stories. We also got to meet the star of the hotel...the owners dog Dolce, who was so adorable!

Will definitely stay here again and again, and you should too!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family