“Perfect Hotel for Universal!!”

Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Ranked #113 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Me and my Family booked this hotel with the price line app. Absolutely the best deal in town. You will not find a better deal on the cost of the room PLUS the free shuttle to universal saved us 15$ per day!!! Also this hotel has the ticket booth for tickets which saves you the hassle of waiting in line at Universal. The shuttle was on time every time. NO PROBLEM at all!!! Will stay here again for sure!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniel S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed July 3, 2012

First impression is the front desk. They were friendly and efficient. Then to our room. Hallway carpet is very plush. Room is very clean and reasonably roomy. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was that it had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The fridge had sufficient room (it is about 3' high). However, the freezer section does not keep anything frozen. The bathroom is roomy and modern. We had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to access the warm water for the shower, but eventually figured it out. We found the beds very comfortable and there are plenty of pillows. The hotel offers a free breakfast, also something we were looking for. There is plenty of variety. There is also a heated outdoor pool that is open quite late. Very comforting for tired feet. The only drawback is that the shuttle to Universal has very limited runs. We checked in during an afternoon and there was no shuttle available. We were able to walk to Universal, but on a hot day it's a very long walk once you pass the Universal sign. We couldn't stay late in the evening at the parks, because there were only two evening shuttles. However, overall we were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank aunt-efl
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We just stayed 5 days and nights and in in that time our room was only cleaned 3 times and the maid staff didn't speak maybe a couple words of English
The lady at front desk at check in was very rude and their shuttle service was a joke cause they would send a ford excursion that only seated 7 to pick people up when there was clearly more than 7 and all the time we was there on our last day they sent a van and the driver picked who he wanted even though we was first in line and these guys are jokes and Bestwestern looks bad for using them and that compiled with all the other stuff I will not and advise others to go else were in the area to stay

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 407-226-9119.

Sam Jayswal

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I truly recommend if you are coming to universal this hotel will suit you very well.. and if you are not going to universal this hotel is right in the heart of it all. best western also provide shuttle to the parks.....the parking for this hotel is free (cant get any better than that ) :) . the staff were all so very nice and helpful any problems or questions you had they were there to help you make your stay a great experience .. the room was very clean nice and roomy beds very comfy pillows was awesome... i would defiantly recommend this hotel and most likely consider staying here in a heart beat again next year.. oh and the pool very clean and perfect spot to unwind and relax after an exhausting day ..big shout out and thank you to sam.. see you next year god willing ;)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dimpals63
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our weekend trip and will definitely stay here again if choosing the Universal area. Room was ready although we did check in late, very clean. Beds and pillows very comfortable. This hotel is as stated literally across the street from Universal Studios. One plus with a minus...+) You have a selection of restaurants, Walgreens, Burger King and Starbucks just outside the front door. -) you are sharing the same parking lot with these restaurants and a Fairfield Inn. That was the only drawback in finding a parking spot upon returning later at night. They have a huge grassy area behind the hotel it would be perfect if they could open that up, pave it for extra or main parking. Hotel was very quiet with the occasional door slam but perfect sleeping conditions. The shower pressure isn't all that great but used to it from home here, and unfortunately I got locked into the bathroom and couldn't get out. Really wish the guests staying prior had mentioned this on their check out..but the problem was fixed. One incident that I must recognize, I took ill during our stay and the Primary from home, their policy is not to fulfill prescriptions from a phone call and was advised to seek Urgent Care. Unfortunately all were closed Saturday night and the caring girl manning the front desk helped find a doctor to help me. That in itself meant a lot to me! My husband and I will definitely stay at the Best Western Plus Universal Inn again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Denice R
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel after completing a cruise and would be in Orlando for a few days. We were there for 4 nights in late April. We had stayed at this property 2 yrs ago (same time of month) and had a good experience then and decided to give it another try. We were not disappointed.
We tried to check-in early but were told our room wasn't ready and that check-in time was 3 pm. Not a big deal, we just went shopping instead.
When were did get our room (Std 2 Q beds) in was very clean and well kept. The bed was comfortable to sleep on. The housekeeping staff were in every day and tidied our room as necessary.
This property offers a FREE breakfast included in the rate. The breakfast was a combination of cold cereals, bagels with some fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and sausages. There was a toaster available for toast. The amount was plentiful and the staff were very courteous. There was coffee perked most of the day. Seating capacity looked a bit tight but we had no problems.
There were discount tickets available for sale for various attractions, restaurants & dinner theatres.
This property is located across the street from near Universal Studios (about a 1 mile walk - shuttle avail), Mall at Millenia & Premium Outlets. It is about 15 min to Disney and Seaworld.
There are restaurants nearby to make up for the lack of one on the property.
This property also has a business center available with 2 PC's for guest use, which we used a couple of times. This was upgraded from our last stay 2 yrs ago. They only had 1 PC at that time and it wasn't in a seperate room as it is now. Great improvement.
We found the staff friendly and courteous.
The only negative thing I have to say is that the shower seemed to be a little difficult to operate & had some problem sorting out the hot water. Management may want to look at this.
I would definately stay at this property again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank townie1
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Arrived to find, after paying, that my reserved type of room was no available and they had assigned 4 of us to a one-bed room. The desk clerk insisted that was what I had reserved until I showed her my printed reservation e-mail, and then offered to put two roll-aways into an already small room. After declining she then spent the next hour+ trying to figure out the reservation and how to refund the one night charge already processed. We finally gave up, called the credit car company to block the charges and went to another hotel.

After complaining to BW management (never heard a word of apology from the hotel management) I was offered a few 1000 points, which were worthless unless I stayed with them again. I will NEVER stay at a BW again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank j0hnindc
samjayswal, General Manager at Best Western Plus Universal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations.

However, your reservation was made through a travel agent, who had submitted a request for a KING bed room which we honored. Upon your arrival you had made a request for a standard two queen beds. The hotel was sold out for all the standard rooms, we offered our sincere apology and even offered to make your reservation at our sister property next door to better accomodate you and your family. We also offered a roll away bed at no cost to you and you had refused.

The discrepancy on ther room type request should be addressed to your travel agent so you do not experience this in the future.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Sam Jayswal