Best Western Plus Universal Inn
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$197
$137
$122
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$473
$458
Travelocity
1,280 results
All reviewsbest westernswithin walking distancefree breakfastfree shuttlewalking distance to universal studiosroom was cleanale housegolden corralmake your own wafflesthe breakfast areabreakfast was excellenthot breakfastyogurtminute walkvisiting universalshuttle servicewould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Arrived to find, after paying, that my reserved type of room was no available and they had assigned 4 of us to a one-bed room. The desk clerk insisted that was what I had reserved until I showed her my printed reservation e-mail, and then offered to put two roll-aways into an already small room. After declining she then spent the next hour+ trying to figure out the reservation and how to refund the one night charge already processed. We finally gave up, called the credit car company to block the charges and went to another hotel.

After complaining to BW management (never heard a word of apology from the hotel management) I was offered a few 1000 points, which were worthless unless I stayed with them again. I will NEVER stay at a BW again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank j0hnindc
samjayswal, General Manager at Best Western Plus Universal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations.

However, your reservation was made through a travel agent, who had submitted a request for a KING bed room which we honored. Upon your arrival you had made a request for a standard two queen beds. The hotel was sold out for all the standard rooms, we offered our sincere apology and even offered to make your reservation at our sister property next door to better accomodate you and your family. We also offered a roll away bed at no cost to you and you had refused.

The discrepancy on ther room type request should be addressed to your travel agent so you do not experience this in the future.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 407-226-9119.

Sam Jayswal
BEST WESTERN PLUS Universal Inn

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed for six nights in order to visit Universal Studios. The hotel was great with a pool for our days not at the park. Room was comfortable. We stayed on 3rd floor rear which was very quiet. The window was really opaque, i presume from sunshine but really needs replacing. This kept out a lot of light. The fridge had a noise issue during the night but not enough to make a big issue. The breakfast served its purpose and gave you you enough choice to be satisfied. Coffee on tap all of the time. The staff were all very helpful and gave good advice. We used the Orlando Ale House right opposite the hotel for most meals. It provided a great choice of food and the drinks were very good value. It was always busy of an evening but not noisy. We used the itrolley buses to get around, we avoided the hire car because with the limited use and the cost to park at Universal it was just not worth it. Walk from hotel to Universal was a very relaxed 15 minute stroll. We had a good break at this hotel and would certainly use again if we were in the Universal Orlando area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank BuchananPlymouth
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Basic, but clean and good size. Free parking and shuttle service (a 5-min ride) to Universal Studios. A free family restaurants close by (within walking distance). A basic breakfast is included in an extremely reasonable price, however, facilities are also limited.

I would suggest renting a car if you plan on visiting other parts of Orlando. One of the two Premium Outlet malls is less than a 10-minute drive away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Emma-Tristan
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed april 7-13 2012 Our stay was very nice The hotel common areas were nice and we noticed a lot of daily cleaning in those areas. The rooms were decorated nicely and were sapcious enough. The only small problem with the room was Lighting! if you did not have the drapes open It was to dark to read comfortably, and the entry hall into the room had no light.. Both minor negatives ! The breakfast was was good ,your basic hotel food of scrambled eggs, waffels, sausage and cereals. All good and worth staying in for breakfast. The Pool was nice and was clean, we used it twice in the afternoon but they were missing towels outside. One day an attendent did bring some out . As advertised it is across from Universal but in reality it is a 15-20 min into the actual Park, a pleasant walk though along a pedestrian path with lots of flora. I would absolutley stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank shorerider
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I recently stayed here in March 2012 with two friends and my experience simply exceeded my expectations. The hotel was very clean, staff was just incredible, the proximity of the hotel to most attractions not including Disney was great. Universal is just across the street however I do recommend the shuttle because it's still about a mile walk into the actual park and Sea World was only about 15min away through the shuttle. Everyone was very helpful in helping us understand what was in our surrounding areas and well to top it off the rates here are very pocket friendly. My only issue was when requesting a cab they called the same transportation company they use for the shuttles well BIG MISTAKE I felt they were very over priced and so I began to just call my own cab, I mean just take your pick there's tons in the phone book. Over all I would definitely stay here again and will be highly recommending this place to anyone and everyone I know.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends