“A very Happy Hour!”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #346 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Universal Blvd.
Transit: The I-Drive Trolley conveniently stops at multiple stations along the International Drive Corridor. Lynx public transportation also has frequent stops along International Drive.
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Chicago, Illinois
“A very Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

A colleague and I were looking for a good spot to enjoy a friday evening dinner after a long week attending a conference. We noticed that the Oceanaire offered a 5-7pm Happy Hour. So, we decided to give it a try. Typically, the happy hour extends both for seating in the bar and outside on their patio area. Since there had been some heavy rain, the day we went had the happy hour limited to the bar area only. We arrived at 5:30 or so, and it was just us and one other couple. By the time we left at around 7:30, the little bar area was totally full-so obviously, it's a popular choice.
The decor in the restaurant is sleek with some fun art-deco touches. The noise level in the restaurant was friendly without being inaudible. The servers were friendly and helpful, offering suggestions and preferences as asked. The happy hour menu is a fabulous deal: offering a selection of their most popular cocktails at great prices (we were big fans of "the Oceanaire" a blue curacao cosmo, and the Prosecco Sangria made with strawberries and cucumber). The food is the best deal yet: served on small plates that were easily shared, they had delicious offerings like ahi tuna sliders, buffalo shrimp, cornmeal fried oysters, blackened fish tacos, etc. The food was super fun, the drinks refreshing: it was a wonderful way to enjoy a friday evening with a friend. If their happy hour was any indication, I would imagine their dinner service is lovely! I've got my fingers crossed that I end up back in this area so I can see if I'm right! :)

• Visited April 2013

“Great FISH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were looking for a good seafood restaurant in the Orlando area and found this one. What a find, well it was a little hard to find in the shopping area it was attached to. Once we did find it and park it was well worth it. I had the Trigger Fish with the Angry Sauce on top (YUMMY). My husband and his son both had the Swordfish also (YUMMY), our sons girlfriend had the Mahi also (YUMMY). All and all we would go back again.

• Visited April 2013
burlington
“Fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent Food and service very knowledgeable staff. Like others have said the menu's are printed daily. Good portions not huge.

• Visited March 2013
Bay Village, Ohio
“Our favorite in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent food and outstanding service. We were in Orlando for a week and dined
here twice. Everyone from the hostess to the manager were welcoming and friendly.
Waiters were very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list.

• Visited March 2013
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Average, which was not what was expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The main taken one from this visit was not that the experience was horrible, but that it was average. We weren't expecting average.

I have been to several Oceanaires in the past. I have always been thrilled. This experience gave me pause.

The service as quite nice, but slow. This included takin orders, bringing another bottle of wine and the food. The entrees we on the edge of bing cold. Two of the fish choices we "out" for the day. The food we did get was good, but not great.

The oysters were wonderful as always. The shrimp and grits were also spectacular. I had grilled salmon ( I believe New Zealand) which was above average, but not great. Others wanted the triggerfish, but as noted it was no longer a available. This added to the delay.

I'm not sure if it was a bad night or bad habits.